alonimi
Just Visiting OOC - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Just Visiting OOC (/showthread.php?tid=517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Just Visiting OOC - yinepuhotep - 11-10-2014

Oh! That was Zadkiel? Here i was thinking it was some random NPC victim in a labcoat or something.

Just Visiting OOC - jazzhands - 11-10-2014

<quote source="/post/439/thread" timestamp="1415669656" author="@yinepuhotep]Oh! That was Zadkiel? Here i was thinking it was some random NPC victim in a labcoat or something.[/quote]
Labcoat Guy sadly died in a tragic accident where he sniffed a flower and it turned out to be an Exploding Rose. Angelcop is your less interesting substitute. 

Just Visiting OOC - danixiewrites - 11-10-2014

<quote source="/post/439/thread" timestamp="1415669656" author="@yinepuhotep]Oh! That was Zadkiel? Here i was thinking it was some random NPC victim in a labcoat or something.[/quote]XD My subtlety knows no bounds.  I did put a footnote up here, but I should've done it in the post detail.  Noted, fixing specifics for next time!

Just Visiting OOC - Panda - 11-10-2014

Hmm. I need to figure out what to do so I can post. Without killing him off. He only just woke up from a bullet to the head after all, and dying again already seems a bit mean...

<quote source="/post/446/thread" timestamp="1415671015" author="@hex]Hmm. I need to figure out what to do so I can post. Without killing him off. He only just woke up from a bullet to the head after all, and dying again already seems a bit mean...[/quote]How about have him notice the burning dead wooden creature and run to the large fire? Would be a good IC way for him to meet up with us. 

Perhaps. But considering he's being chased by a local, fear-logic would state that he'd want to avoid heading towards fire. Since fire means people, which probably means horned things, which have already proven hostile. Of course following that he'd end up running away from everyone else instead...which is also bad in it's own ways, though that's more me being reluctant to further separate him.

I should've put a req at the top of this one so that everyone picks out their datapad type on the outset. We're aiming for the group needing to be inter/codependent and soon-to-be survival-tested--which means not everyone knows everything to cope in the current environ, and they have to find food and supplies along the way--so the datapads get to know one thing consistently during each jump, and that's it. I saw languages go up for Prof--what's everyone else want?

<quote source="/post/451/thread" timestamp="1415671797" author="@hex]Perhaps. But considering he's being chased by a local, fear-logic would state that he'd want to avoid heading towards fire. Since fire means people, which probably means horned things, which have already proven hostile. Of course following that he'd end up running away from everyone else instead...which is also bad in it's own ways, though that's more me being reluctant to further separate him.[/quote]
Well, he also could have spotted the Professor's character flying there and been curious since the locals don't seem to really have tech like Tammy does. Would have then heard human voices and fighting in the distance potentially. Of course, fear-logic may tell him to steer well clear of it all but I would take my chances since running around unarmed and on my own seems a bigger risk than finding out who the voices and strange tech people are. 

Of course, you know your character best so it's all down to you and there is always the option that Tammy tracks you down just fine through Isaac if you keep running away from everyone else. The downside is you get little to do RP wise besides write being chased posts. 

Somewhat disappointed with my post, but it works. I solved the direction issue with him getting shot, which means his focus is more on just moving forward without caring so much on which direction he's moving. Was actually going to make the shot more crippling, but since the best way I could think of to do that would be for him to get shot in the back of the knee...yeah, avoiding that.

<quote author="@danixiewrites" timestamp="1415672086" source="/post/453/thread]I should've put a req at the top of this one so that everyone picks out their datapad type on the outset. We're aiming for the group needing to be inter/codependent and soon-to-be survival-tested--which means not everyone knows everything to cope in the current environ, and they have to find food and supplies along the way--so the datapads get to know one thing consistently during each jump, and that's it. I saw languages go up for Prof--what's everyone else want?[/quote]I dunno.  What do we need?  What would be useful?  I suppose I could always go with the ironic, and have the datapad give advice on ways to survive to the guy who doesn't stay dead.  I'm open to ideas and suggestions, and was actually going to bring this up soon enough.

My plan is to go with "local customs/law" for my datapad so I should be able to deal with the natives at a better degree once I find it and read it. Won't be able to help much with the hungry wildlife though.

Law makes sense for a lawman Smile

I like irony. Medical, maybe? Less straight up survival and more...lemme patch up the things--the datapad says this toad over here has wonderful healing saliva. XD I was thinking flora for Anya initially, because she's not gonna know that until after this wonderful giant vine experience. But I'll let you pick first, so there's always straight up flora, or fauna, or...

What does Kieran do?  Perhaps the datapad could be receptive instead of productive--chronicling for the science team?

Hmm. Medical seems amusing. Give the guy most likely to need first aid at any given moment the datapad with the ways to heal someone. Plus, if anything would have suggestions of interesting local plants to try smoking when he runs out of cigarettes...would be either the Flora, which I'll let you have, or the Medical.

Which plants to try smoking. XD Kier has fun thoughts.

I tend towards the amusing with my characters whenever possible.