alonimi
Just Visiting OOC - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Just Visiting OOC (/showthread.php?tid=517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Just Visiting OOC - yinepuhotep - 11-09-2014

Love the idea, Dani. Then again, you keep coming up with good ones. Now, to introduce my character, since the way I wrote her first post didn't really give a way to properly introduce her. Note: when looking at her, remember that you're looking at a superhero, and therefore she operates with superhero physics, not real-world physics. In the real world, her very existence would be impossible, let alone the existence of her partner, Andrei.

Name: Tamara (Tammy) Hoag
Hero ID: Blueshift Girl
Home: 423 H Spooner Way, Laputa Tower A
Place of Birth: Antler, North Dakota
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160#

Appearance: Tammy has wavy red hair that hangs to her calves when loose. She normally wears it tied back at the nape of her neck, in a simple ponytail. She has the face of a supermodel, but her figure is that of a gymnast who has just entered puberty. The dichotomy has allowed her to get the drop on her fair share of bad guys, despite her unrelenting frustration at her lack of physical development. Her usual style of dress is jeans, hiking boots, and a flannel shirt worn loose over a waffle-knit henley. And, of course, she wears Andrei.

Powers: Tammy is a metahuman, with the power to control gravity. This gives her the ability to fly, to generate shear fields that not only stop attacks, but tear the attacker apart on contact, generate graviton effects that range from simple energy blasts to artificial singularities, and to resist the effects of other sources of gravitons. Oddly enough, she is able to generate a form of gravitational anomaly that has the relative intelligence of a guinea pig and follows her around like a puppy. No one has been able to explain it, and she doesn't particularly care, since the anomaly simply poofs out of existence after a while, or if it takes too much damage.

=============

Name: Andrei Sakharov (reincarnation confirmed)

Appearance: Sparkling black wristband, which can generate a holographic watch face as needed.

Abilities: As a MacManus computer, Andrei is a neural network computer with approximately twenty-three billion primary nodes, and an additional eighty-six billion secondary nodes. His unconscious functions include basic Ravenfield management and input analysis, while his conscious functions include protection of his partner and communication - both with his partner and with the rest of the MacManus network. The complexity of the MacManus computer design is equivalent to that of a human brain, and therefore means that is is possible for a soul to choose to incarnate into a MacManus, rather than a biological brain. On his homeworld, thousands of souls have chosen to do exactly that. Andrei is one of those souls. He retains his fascination with physics, and given that his partner manipulated gravitons, he has plenty of opportunity to study the effects of graviton flux on the world around him.

Andrei is able to fit into the form of a wristwatch because the plastic he is made of is MacManusite, a 27-dimensional plastic that intersects with three-dimensional space in much smaller slices than the full object appears, much like a sphere can intersect with a sheet of paper as anything from a circle of its full circumference to a dot where only a single point appears. Andrei's armor form is another mode of intersection with the three-dimensional world, which gives him enough points of commonality with the world that he can "extrude" weapons, such as his particle beam blasters, shoulder cannons, or eye lasers. Given Tammy's powers, there is rarely a need for him to manifest his armor, unless the intent is to intimidate without demonstrating Tammy's powers.

Andrei's Ravenfield is an energy field, much like a Langston Field, which can be tuned to absorb any form of energy, from kinetic to bosons. Normally, it's tuned to only absorb kinetic or electromagnetic energy above the threshold at which the person the field protects would be injured, and is routinely used to absorb and direct gravitons to allow the protected wearer to fly, but it has been tuned, in some limited circumstances, for use as an offensive weapon. The usual method of offensive use is to tune it to absorb electromagnetic force, although there have been instances where it was tuned to absorb either weak or strong forces. Those instances have only ever happened in areas where the wearer and his MacManus agreed there were no innocents around to be harmed by the resulting explosion. In fact, for most wearers, gravitons are the only boson they're allowed to know it's capable of absorbing.

Just Visiting OOC - danixiewrites - 11-09-2014

^_^ Thanks! Welcome to the rainforest. Also...Anya is not gonna get on well with Isaac. This will be fun. :D

...you know, I don't think I ever posted any char profiles on Tentacl. Wonder if I should here. LOL

Just Visiting OOC - Panda - 11-10-2014

You know, I think that might be the longest post I've managed to make in a while. I think I like this character, even if I'd been intending to avoid the amnesia idea until the writing had started and it had already happened.

Anyways, hi, let me know if I need to change anything.

Just Visiting OOC - jazzhands - 11-10-2014

So at first, I was all "I'll just do a short post npnp" and then I wrote a wall.

I am getting strong feelings of nostalgia from the randomness of our group thus far. Yay for interdimensional travel?

Just Visiting OOC - danixiewrites - 11-10-2014

I love the makeup of the group thus far :D Also: Angelcop is up in the trees. Muha.

Eventually I'm going to have to find Kieran some way to defend himself. Eventually. Maybe.

Also, carnivorous trees. Not fun. Especially when you're right in the middle of a jungle.

If only he knew cheesy boyband songs so Angelcop could sing "I Believe I Can Fly."

It's a suitable theme song, I'm sure.

Or just cling to Tamara and her particle beam spawning friend. XD Kieran is, I believe, the only one unarmed.

I do not recommend attempting to wield a heavy stick in the interim...
....although it could be fine.
...Hungry plants are hungry.

Yep, he's the only one unarmed. And with no real survival skills. He is so screwed, and not in the fun way.

Hmm. Now I want to hunt down a theme song for him. Just because.

I'm...I'm confused. Who's in the trees, and who's doing what right now?

Edit:  And now a post vanished.  Which leaves me less confused in one way, but still confused in others.  Oh well.

<quote source="/post/418/thread" timestamp="1415663604" author="@hex]I'm...I'm confused. Who's in the trees, and who's doing what right now?

Edit:  And now a post vanished.  Which leaves me less confused in one way, but still confused in others.  Oh well.[/quote]
I was writing a post, finished it then found the Professor had posted which didn't fit how my post went at the time so I deleted mine. 

If you're asking about who is who in Dani's post, I was unsure as to if the person she spotted was your character or the Professor's until tech was mentioned at which point I assumed it was the Professor who had the small group attacking him. Of course, that small group can be the one who attacked the Professor's character in the first post he made. I was the one mentioned in white and black garments being dangled. 

And a simple who's doing what right now would be as followed before I make any sort of reply:

Anya: Fighting the quad-jaw plant creature and looks set to do stabby stabby.
Zadkiel: Caught by the same plant in vines that Tammy freed him out of.
Tammy: Flew over to the other two and after freeing Zadkiel, is watching what happens next with Anya. 

Your character is still in their own scenario being chased to my knowledge unless they stumble upon all this of course. Hopefully, this helped somehow? 

Alright. That's how I'd had things mapped out in my head before, but until you deleted your post I'd thought I had missed something. Which happens to me sometimes, so I needed to check.

<quote source="/post/424/thread" timestamp="1415665134" author="@hex]Alright. That's how I'd had things mapped out in my head before, but until you deleted your post I'd thought I had missed something. Which happens to me sometimes, so I needed to check.[/quote]
Yeah, sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you or anybody else, I just wanted to delete it and edit it in comfort because I knew it didn't fit. I am in the process of re-doing that post now. 

<quote author="@hex" timestamp="1415663604" source="/post/418/thread]I'm...I'm confused. Who's in the trees, and who's doing what right now?

Edit:  And now a post vanished.  Which leaves me less confused in one way, but still confused in others.  Oh well.[/quote];_;  I meant to edit mine to be a little more...sensical...before I posted.  Went vague--but obvi too vague.  Sorry!!  I'll proof better next time.  XD