alonimi
Introduce yourself! - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Introduce yourself! (/showthread.php?tid=516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Introduce yourself! - megs - 11-17-2018

Hello, and welcome! :33

RE: Introduce yourself! - Leahweird - 11-17-2018

(11-17-2018, 01:37 AM)SolitareLee Wrote:  HMU if there's ever an RP you wanna pitch. <3

I will absolutely do that as soon as I make up my alleged mind which idea to try and tempt you with.

DamnTheTorpedoes and I are hopefully going to have a thread up sometime today to give you a sense of our style,. You're welcome to join us there once we have the ball rolling. I'm also interested in facilitating any plots that you've been sitting on while people have been busy Wink

Also, thanks megs!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Tindome - 11-17-2018

HELLO NEW FRIEND (and other new friends still lurking)

make yourself at home, post threads, get cozy~~

RE: Introduce yourself! - DamnTheTorpedoes - 11-17-2018

Hello Everyone,

I'm DamnTheTorpedoes and I was brought into this site by my dear friend LeahWeird- so if I make a mess of things its not my fault. (lol)
I am a Activities Coordinator and Licensed Nursing Assistant at a assisted living and memory care facility- I work on our Dementia units. I have been Role Playing for maybe 10 years give or take a couple, and I am really excited to find a site that is for adults who like to RP- most sites as I'm sure we all know are geared towards the kiddies- not us old folks.

My favorite genres to RP are Post Apocalyptic, Zombies, I love anything Fantasy, Steampunk and Historical.

I'm really looking forward to writing here!

RE: Introduce yourself! - SolitareLee - 11-18-2018

@Leahweird: I mean if all else fails just pitch 15 of the damn things and we can pick our favorites lmao. I certainly do have a few stalled out plot threads I wouldn't mind jumpstarting again if you have someone you want to be saved from werewolves or just literally any way to make Ren's life difficult.

@DamnTheTorpedoes(full speed ahead sorry): Post Apocalyptic you say 👀

RE: Introduce yourself! - skiesofpurple - 11-18-2018

Hello friends! Gosh, it's so nice to see another pair joinin' up. How long ago has it been since we did, @SolitareLee?? The thread says a year but it feels like so much longer.

Fair warning, @Leahweird, SolitareLee will never call you Leah. It's apparently too close to Lee. I have to go by Sky at all times in their presence. There can only be one, but like, Lee, Leah, and Leah is too much of a good joke to pass up.

Looking forward to see what worlds you guys bring with you! :D

RE: Introduce yourself! - SolitareLee - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 02:46 AM)skiesofpurple Wrote:  Hello friends! Gosh, it's so nice to see another pair joinin' up. How long ago has it been since we did, @SolitareLee?? The thread says a year but it feels like so much longer.

Fair warning, @Leahweird, SolitareLee will never call you Leah. It's apparently too close to Lee. I have to go by Sky at all times in their presence. There can only be one, but like, Lee, Leah, and Leah is too much of a good joke to pass up.

Looking forward to see what worlds you guys bring with you! :D

It's been almost two years tbh. One year and eight months iirc.

And look, as a threeway Lee/ah squad we either have to fight to the death or form some kind of band or crimefighting team and I just haven't decided which one yet.

RE: Introduce yourself! - skiesofpurple - 11-18-2018

(11-18-2018, 02:52 AM)SolitareLee Wrote:  And look, as a threeway Lee/ah squad we either have to fight to the death or form some kind of band or crimefighting team and I just haven't decided which one yet.

According to that one dream I had, you'd make a pretty kickass leader of an underground organization that protects magical kids. We could go with that, I'd be game.

RE: Introduce yourself! - DamnTheTorpedoes - 11-18-2018

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I do hope @Leahweird and I can bring our own vein of creativity and worlds to this place- she and I have been Role Playing together for- Lordy I think it's ten years? I started Role playing just before I met her.... but in any event I know she is nearly busting at the seams with excitement to be involved in this site- and if I can brag on my friend she is an amazing writer and her characters are deliciously complex and wonderful.

Yes @SolitareLee I love me some post Apocalyptic shenanigans!! if you have a idea hit me up! Also for the record I saw werewolves mentioned and I do like them too. Lol

RE: Introduce yourself! - Leahweird - 11-18-2018

Well, don't I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

I am absolutely going to make some character profiles right this second for any oc's I can round up and use immediately. Hopefully one of them will be of interest. Dance

Should be interesting what I might be called other than Leah, but I'm not picky Lol Just don't call me late for dinner.

RE: Introduce yourself! - DamnTheTorpedoes - 12-02-2018

Hello lovelies,

I hope you are all having a fantastic holiday season!

I have a question and I wasnt sure what board other then this one to post it as I cant seem to find a general "questions" board. (If I have overlooked it I do appologize)
My question is this,

I want to know how does one get involved in some of the role plays on this site? I see the ones on the forums mostly say closed, and I would love to know where the open ones are lurking!

Thank you!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Tindome - 12-02-2018

Questions are fine! :3

There's a little getting started guide in OOC with an open thread directory here, but I think for the most part we run into the problem where an open thread only moves as fast as its slowest poster--and since sometimes some of us (me) don't post for a year, that becomes A Problem. Either the whole thread grinds to a halt waiting someone's turn, or else that person has to be written out (which no one wants to do), or everyone ends up pairing off. Which makes it feel more practical to just have a million different 1x1 threads (which I tend to just call 'closed' threads in case we ever decide to drag someone else in to whatever plot we have going on).

If you have specific threads you want to do, I'd recommend posting something in Seeking to see if you can get a nibble. Of the open threads in the directory, the Mud Clod is probably easiest to post in and get replies to just because of how casual it is; Ballroom Blitz is a little more effortposty but the overall premise can be a good opportunity for fun intro posts.

And if posting in Seeking feels too formal, you can always post in the chat thread about the OCs you're vibing or your current inspo, since talking about a hypothetical future RP can end up turning into an actual RP way too easily Veeee

RE: Introduce yourself! - Leia Blaze - 07-23-2020

Uh, hello y'all! Sorry I don't have an avatar, I'm still getting set up and mine doesn't seem to be working that well.. I'm also working on things like characters, and remembering how to use forums. I've been roleplaying for... quite a few years now. At least a decade. Some of that was longer forum RP, some of it was faster in chat programs like Discord. It's pretty cool to find a place like this though, as I've always prefered forums. I enjoy the lesser amount of pressure.

I'm always like putting my characters through a lot, with the idea that maybe they'll find a happy ending. I'm also a sucker for Mean People With A Soft Side, so hopefully this will be a good place!

RE: Introduce yourself! - SolitareLee - 07-28-2020

Welcome! You'll definitely find a lot of bullies (with a heart of gold) and bullies (for fun and mutual pleasure) on the site, lol, so yeah, seems like a good place!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Tindome - 07-28-2020

Hello!!! I've been busy with IRL stuff for, uh. A while. Some years. Maybe. BUT we are always excited to see new people and learn more about their characters~~ :3