alonimi
Introduce yourself! - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Introduce yourself! (/showthread.php?tid=516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 03-14-2017

Ah! So many new faces! Exciting! Glad to meet you guys!

I'm Blade (or Blade Redwind everywhere else on the net). Tinny is le owner of the board and head princess of smut. I personally just love to help out if any help is needed. We have several walk-in threads available. For a complete list, again, see this thread. But you are free to do oneXones. Smut is not mandatory, obvs, but a lot of us enjoy it. Most of us don't do RP fighting because it can get messy without dice, but sometimes it's added for plot with a predecided winner for--again--plot purposes. That doesn't mean you can't, but many of us don't because we've experienced the irritation of fighting over semantics with someone OOC about which character is more badass--yada. Or what I like to call, a contest of who's dick is bigger ^_~.

I will say when it comes to oneXones, starting with someone here you've never RPed with before, it's best to start in a walk-in simply because people prefer to see how you RP first before committing to a oneXone with you. It's not that they don't want to, but feelings can get hurt if it's just not working for them for whatever reason halfway through. (I've dealt with this myself and it sucks.) My my best advice to anyone new is to do a walk-in to start and then put up a thread asking for a oneXone partner, if that's your thing.

Also, feel free to bug me if you have questions. I'll do my best to help.

RE: Introduce yourself! - ambientmagic - 03-20-2017

Hello everyone! I'm Cass.

I'm 23, in grad school for library science, and super queer. I've been roleplaying on dreamwidth lately and way way back in the days or yore I did Warrior cats roleplay on neopets, so I guess that's my RP CV.

I have social anxiety but I've figured out how to hack it by assuming EVERYONE is socially anxious and using the Mom Friend Override. Which is really helpful but also means I'm your mom now, sorry about that, it's just how it works.

My rp specialties are AUs and queerplatonic gen stuff. I'm a bit of a writer so character building and such is my favorite part of the whole shebang. Plots? Nooot my strong suit, but I'm good with just character banter if you are!

Um? I don't know what else to say?? I have a cat named Ash who's maladjusted (he lost his mom young so he doesn't know how to cat properly) so I'll probably talk about him a lot.

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 03-20-2017

Nice to meet you, Cass! I'm Blade.

If you have any question feel free to ask. If you want a list of walk-ins here it is; if you want a style guide for posts, here it is. There's also some other helpful getting started info in there. Each board, like Valsport, has it's own Setting info post if you need more information. Misc boards are whatever you make it. But it also works for other cities that are familiar in real life that are also part of the universe. Like New York, New Orleans, Las Vegas. So, technically, your character can still be in the same universe that Valsport and Las Bellenas is in, just not in that city. However, you can also use the Misc boards for your own unique universe as well.

Alomini is kind of an amalgam as well. There's not just one type of--say--vampires or elves or were-creatures because we all tend to make our own unique species and races. So it's entirely possible that one walk-in could have three different types of fae all interacting at once.

(I feel like I need to make a standard post for this kinda stuff with all the new people coming in xD.)

Smut is always acceptable, but you're not required to do it. RP fighting is fine too, but most of us don't do it for a variety of reasons. (I don't.) The obvious stuff is a no-no: pedo-stuff (kid chars having sex), bullying or being an outright asshole, harassment, etc. Oh, and we tend to stay out of political or religious conversations on the forum because it's a outlet--RP is--and it just doesn't sit well.

Oh! And if you wanna do any 1x1s, feel free to make a post in the Seeking subforum. It's on OOC.

RE: Introduce yourself! - ambientmagic - 03-20-2017

Okay! I'll head over there in a moment--I'm just looking through everything with huge eyes rn. Nice to meet you, Blade!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 03-20-2017

No problem! <3

RE: Introduce yourself! - AgentBonkers - 04-01-2017

I all. I'm Bonkers - late twenties, female, currently live in the MD/DC area but originally from New York with some time spent in Boston. I found this site via tumblr. I've been roleplaying on and off for over a decade on various sites - avidgamers back in the day, then some on Gaia, some DnD 4e on a site dedicated to that, etc. It's been a bit of a while though, and I miss it. I've read through a lot of the posts on here and been impressed by the quality/content, so figured I'd give it a whirl. :]

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 04-02-2017

(04-01-2017, 10:49 PM)AgentBonkers Wrote:  I all. I'm Bonkers - late twenties, female, currently live in the MD/DC area but originally from New York with some time spent in Boston. I found this site via tumblr. I've been roleplaying on and off for over a decade on various sites - avidgamers back in the day, then some on Gaia, some DnD 4e on a site dedicated to that, etc. It's been a bit of a while though, and I miss it. I've read through a lot of the posts on here and been impressed by the quality/content, so figured I'd give it a whirl. :]

Hi! Nice to meet you, Bonkers! Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. I try to say hello to the new people in the intro thread straight on. If you look a few posts back I made some with infomation how to get started and where to look. But if you can't find what you're looking for there, feel free to ask me either here or via PM.

I also don't know if I mentioned it in my previous posts, but I do have a Discord channel with a number of the forum members on it. You're welcome to join, just PM me your user id.

RE: Introduce yourself! - alibananasplit - 04-11-2017

Hello everyone~!

I'm Brandy, 22, ace as fuck, but I really love smut. Live down in the SC area. Social anxiety makes me practically a hermit. It's been a while since I've done any major roleplaying, but I've been trying to write more and I realized I kinda missed it. I apologize for any rustiness on my part!

My characters tend to lean more toward the fantasy/mythological side of things than sci-fi and metahumans, so I'll probably be lurking around threads in Valesport the most. I have a tumblr and a twitter, but I use those for mostly fandom things.

I look forward to playing with y'all!

Tumblr
Twitter

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 04-12-2017

Hey, Brandy! Feel free to bug me if you have any Qs! Welcome to the forum ^_^

RE: Introduce yourself! - Wilbirb - 05-01-2017

Well greetings and salutations! I'm Wil, and I am fresh and new to forum RP, although I have been roleplaying for about a year now in Final Fantasy XIV

I'm usually snarky and sarcastic, until I get to know folks as I talk with them. At that point, I joke around much more.
So far most of my roleplay experience is in the form of social settings, such as telling a tale in a pub at the end of a long journey, or sitting in a library with others as we research and learn about arcane topics.

That's the short of it, but I am looking forward to getting to know more folks in this forum!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Scoot - 05-05-2017

Hey everyone,
I'm Scoot, I'm entirely new to forum RP and this culture in general but it's something I've been wanting to get involved in for awhile now. I'm Kat's other boyfriend, she invited me here and I'm really excited for the opportunity to start writing and to learn a bit more about this site and the other people here.
I'm 27, male and I live in Phoenix. I work sparse hours, so I'm around most of the time.
I've been RPing on MMOs since vanilla WoW, and through a few other games I've been playing since then. I mostly do group settings with some sort of progressive story.
Anyway, not sure what else is relevant. I'm pretty easy-going and excited to get involved and i'm looking forward to meeting some people.

RE: Introduce yourself! - Ghostly - 05-06-2017

Hello, Scoot boyo.

Also, all the new peeps.

RE: Introduce yourself! - kilosilvey - 01-14-2018

Hey all!
SolitareLee recruited me in a sneaky plot that mostly involved asking if I wanted to join. How devious!
I usually go by Kae or KJ, GQ, 24 and living in Central Alberta here in Canada Land. Been RPing in one form or another for something like ten years at this point, whether that's pen and paper or online. Perpetually roped into GMing for people and unhealthily obsessed with worldbuilding, I'm really looking forward to mucking about in these worlds! I'm a pretty open book, so if you want to know more about me or want to chat, feel more than free to message me.

RE: Introduce yourself! - Leahweird - 11-16-2018

Hello! I'm Leah!

I'm a librarian in real life, which I bring up because it sums up a lot about me. I just love stories of all kinds. I'm probably over excited to find this board, but I have discovered that it's very difficult to find places to roleplay that aren't full of teenagers (not that there's anything wrong with teens, but it gets awkward quickly when you're about to turn 30), and googling "adult fantasy roleplay" gets...the wrong kind of results.

Anyway, I am being nosy around the site, and I am bringing my accomplice best friend and writing partner to come join the fun. We have plans to start a thread together in the near future!

Also, thanks to all the people on tumblr for being so preemptively welcoming Wink

RE: Introduce yourself! - SolitareLee - 11-17-2018

(11-16-2018, 11:15 PM)Leahweird Wrote:  and googling "adult fantasy roleplay" gets...the wrong kind of results.
adjksadjsa XD Oh you poor thing. Welcome to the fold, look forward to seeing from you and your friend! (I'm ElvenSemi on tumblr, aka Welcoming Person #4.) HMU if there's ever an RP you wanna pitch. <3