alonimi
Introduce yourself! - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Introduce yourself! (/showthread.php?tid=516)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Introduce yourself! - kaythebold - 09-11-2016

Hey guys! I'm Kay. I'm 22, a college student majoring in Humans Are Weird, and currently living in Boston.

I started roleplaying probably ten years ago, predominantly on Neopets, then transitioned to Gaia and a few other specific forums off and on. Honestly it's been a while since I've rp'd with any kind of regularity, but I kind of miss it a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Smile I'm into fantasy or sci-fi rps, especially anything to do with variations on trad folklore.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 09-11-2016

Welcome, Kay! I think most of us used to be one Gaia. I didn't start there, but I did waste a number of years there >,>;;

RE: Introduce yourself! - SolitareLee - 03-14-2017

Hey! I'm Lee. I think my friend and I might be the first ones Kitty/Tinny lured in from Tumblr? Which is astounding to me. I'm 25, part time writer, part time trucker (I know). My friend and I have known each other since we were teens, we're oooold RP buddies. I run/ran my own RP site for a while but it got to the point where it was basically just the two of us so... we're fleeing to greener pastures with faster growing grass. But not too fast, because we're old and have jobs now. x'D

Personally I was sold as soon as I saw there was a designated area for modern-day metahumans. It's probably my deepest guilty pleasure.

RE: Introduce yourself! - skiesofpurple - 03-14-2017

Hey ya'll, you can call me Sky since my actual name confuses Lee too much for it to ever be used. I am the friend-of-Lee. I'm also 25, have been RPing for like... over 10 years. I started off on Neopets, traveled around to way, waaaay too many petsites before I started trying to find a home on various forum RP-sites. Lately I haven't been doing any sort of writing at all since I'm in grad school and trying to convince myself that completing my program and graduating is how I'm supposed to get out of it, not faking my own death and moving to the other side of the world.

I like RPing pretty much any setting. I love bouncing ideas around, love plotting, and miss the whole creative process to hell and back. It might not seem like it because I can't reply in a timely manner for love or money, but by god, I miss RP.

RE: Introduce yourself! - Blade - 03-14-2017

Hi Lee! Hi Sky!

^_^ Nice to meet you guys. Glad to have new blood on the forum. You'll note we're a little slow here sometimes as we have jobs, finals, etc. But we try to keep up. If you need to know what threads work and where to get started--in case Tinny didn't give you the link--check out this thread. It'll have links to all the walk-ins and the like. (I'd love to get more love in Titan's Ring! >,>)

I can't speak for everyone, but summer time is usually my biggest free time. But now that I've graduated and going for my MA in four months, who knows. I might take winters off instead? -shrugs- Anyway, if you want to RP with me oneXone, just give me a heads up. I also have a Discord channel for writers and RPers alike. So just PM if you're up for that and I'll send you an invite after getting your username/ID.

Feel free to bug me with any questions too if Tinny can't be reached. I'm pretty available to help for a while.

Ohmygosh, I'm not doing going through all the different settings and such, but lunar colony *flails around* spaaaace. Once I'm done exploring a bit more I'll see about taking you up on the offers, thank you so much! :D

xD Yes, I love the scifi stuff too. My main love is urban fantasy--like my cathedral thread. But scifi is crazy good too. If you plan on doing the scifi stuff in the walk-ins... this thread and this one will be helpful, but Tinny's not stupid strict.

Maker bless you, friend, I was JUST about to ask if there was a race guide for the sci-fi stuff. You're a hero.

No problem! You're totally free to make your own races, btw. My tenchopath character kind of is, and so my space fae and so are my grigori characters. The only thing I really used the guides for was currency info and settings. Again, Tinny's really not hard core about rules. Unless you're a bully or a butt. Then all bets are off >,>

We're nice, I promise! <3 We have a lot of RP experience so we at least won't make any rookie mistakes, lol.

Also! My Discord is SolitareLee#5147 if anyone wants to add me on there? It's the easiest way to contact me, hands down. I can vary between super shy and too-much-talking, but I do best in one-on-one settings so I tend to use the DM on that a lot.

Friend request sent!

RE: Introduce yourself! - Yang - 03-14-2017

Good Evening! 0:
While my user could be shortened to Skeletal or Spade, my usual go-to name is Yang! I enjoy monsters and beastly things. Maybe a little too much, if I'm being honest. :B

I was flagged down in excitement by Sky, and in leu of my own excitement with how fantastically this place is laid out, I had to join m'self!
The chance to join some well-developing roleplays (it's been a loNg, long time) and create a good story is an oold ache.. and a shot of some more darker, more adult-oriented layouts is an exciting change of pace to the usual 'everything is sort of bad but not too specifically, because everyone arounds still a young teen'
if I'm being brutally honest, a chance to really write out some nitty gritty story tellin is a great way to spend a few hours during nightshift :V

So hello hi nice to meet ya'll, I'm here for the beaten black and blue, monster babes :B

RE: Introduce yourself! - megs - 03-14-2017

Welcoooome!! It's always fun to see new writers :>

<3 Yang is the best.

RE: Introduce yourself! - Battleferrets - 03-14-2017

Name's Skott, I'm 28, and use he/him/his pronouns. Been with my boyfriend for 3 years, but we were RP partners first, for the last 6 years. I started RPing when I was 12 over IMs like MSN, and later on Skype. Nowadays I use Google Docs. I've tried forum RPs in the past, but they were always too... immature? No real character depth or growth. I'm glad to see so many people my age or older here!

I've almost always done script form RP, but have been getting back into writing, and thus paragraphs, as of late. My grammar and syntax may be confusing sometimes due to my learning disabilities, but I try my best! My most common RP setting is urban fantasy and the supernatural. I love monsters and the fae and all those sorts of things. I'm also a huge superhero fan and have recently been trying to flesh out some OCs in that setting.

I have... close to 200 OCs. Not all are active or fleshed out, but I also have the really bad habit of making a one-time-only NPC for a scene and then they stick around and tell me their life stories. My characters very often tell me who they are and what they've done and where they're going. Sometimes I feel like I'm just a messenger to tell all the stories of those who pass through haha.

As for specialties? I've grown a reputation among my RP partners as someone who drives the story. I generally enjoy plot-heavy shenanigans and there's nothing more satisfying than seeing plot seeds my subconscious planted early on in the RP and being able to use them for some truly fantastically fun and interesting story arcs later on. But my real bread and butter is character development and growth. I love seeing characters change and learn throughout their arcs. I'm generally more familiar with one on one RP, especially since I can play multiple characters without issue.

I've mostly played men or nonbinary folks in the past, but I'm cool with whatever. I'm not really in RP for romances, being aromantic myself, but I can fake them well if the story calls for it, and I have no shame in doing smut either. Might be worth noting that I'm also open to darker stuff too, though I prefer my RPs to be a mixture of all the things, from light and fluffy to nitty gritty to slice of life to grand adventures!

Oh, also, I'm an artist by profession, so I tend to draw my characters when I'm not working on commissions.

You can find me in the following places:

Writing:
Archive Of Our Own

Art:
Battleferrets on Tumblr, Twitter, Furaffinity, Weasyl, Deviantart, Picarto and Facebook

Social Media:
Personal Twitter

Hopefully I can be somewhat active! I Stream 3 days a week and generally use Tues and Thurs to run errands and get things done, but weekends are usually free! I'm also avidly into Overwatch and Warframe, and watch way too many Superhero TV shows, so my free time is generally taken up by those, but I hope to throw RP into the mix. See y'all around!