alonimi
Wisp's Grove - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Misc Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: Wisp's Grove (/showthread.php?tid=515)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wisp's Grove - Hobo_Bob - 12-09-2015

She had gathered her basket in her hand when he appeared at her feet, making her drop the thing once more while she held her hands to her chest. She did not think that the fae would so suddenly make himself appear before her. or even move to stop her. much less seem sad to know she was to leave. Wide eyes looked down into his saddened face while he begged for her to stay. Asked her to tell him how to be more than he was to be pleasing.

Why did he seem to want her to stay so badly? There was no one else about, to be sure, but he could not be lonely. Could he? Taking her time to watch his expressions, Indiel reached down for a lock of his hair and twirled it in her finger while her other hand smoothed a finger along his jaw. What was more pleasing than seeing him as he was now? There was nothing she would change other than maybe take him with her. If he were not lonely, she was.

And his attention to her only made her see that as a stronger fact.

Sighing a little in resignation, she leaned down to press a kiss to his forehead, speaking to him once more through the kiss. <What I want is to speak, what you cannot give me. Any less than I already am would leave me to die before I am ready. So a trade you want cannot be given.>

It was not far to leave him, it was not fair to want to stay when she knew it would not be wise. Not with how she felt. Not with how he felt in her arms only moments ago. Sighing against his hair, she let her hands fall from touching him and shifted away. Just enough to distance herself. If only a little more.

RE: Wisp's Grove - Tindome - 03-10-2016

Her touch was encouraging, and there was still a desire in her – desire he could surely satisfy, desire she should surely be willing to trade for.

"Surely it is not so hopeless as that," he insisted, though in truth, her strength or weakness did not concern him. Nor her life beyond his grove. The Wisp had sent men and women alike to their certain doom, without a second thought and without regret. That was simply how it worked, that was simply what it was. But for a mortal, any mortal, to recognize their own fallibility was an awful thing. The Wisp preyed on confidence and hope, and this one seemed to have neither – try though he might to encourage her.

"There must be something," he continued, even as she drew away from him. "Anything. I can take your fear, your sorrow – you need only ask, lovely lady, and you will feel nothing but joy for the rest of your days. I can take your loneliness, so you never ache for the lack of another. Would it not be easier for you, to lose those things? Would that not help you to survive?"

It would not. Almost certainly, it would not. But he was beginning to get desperate, and it was clear in the way he begged.

RE: Wisp's Grove - Hobo_Bob - 03-10-2016

For all the pleading and holding onto her as he did, Indiel wanted nothing more than to just give him what he wanted. The being before her was something she did not understand, and that could mean many horrible things. Or wonderful things. His offer, his face and his eyes tempting and terrible right down to the core of her body. Should she sway towards him or pull from him and flee?

One was easier than the other, but not many would take the harder road.

Reluctantly, Indiel nodded where she stood and smoothed the back of her fingers down his cheek. She agreed to his request, sorrow - if he could take it and still leave her physically whole - was something she could live without. In particular, her memories. A life almost a new without memories of her past.

Taking to her knees to sit with him, she set her things aside. Shawl, basket and all inside. Motioning to her lips then to his cheek, she moved to kiss his cheek in order to speak to him. Without ink and paper, she had no other way to communicate.

< Past memories, then. If you could take sorrow, what would I be left with? > Timid, reclusive and fearful were things that made Indiel. Dim was not one. Magic was never straight forward and any deal that involved magic was to be laid out in all terms. Much like a contract.

RE: Wisp's Grove - Tindome - 06-27-2016

Was it temptation or pity that drew her in? It didn't matter to him. As long as she stayed, as long as he got his chance. He turned his head to kiss her knuckles, all sweet and piteous.

Though he could just have easily done the same to kiss her mouth, he tilted his cheek toward her and allowed himself to be kissed chastely.

Memories. More valuable if she was older, but she seemed the kind of have more memories than most her age. She must have had at least some powerful memories, wronged and cursed as she was. The trouble was in the taking of them, as he could not simply pluck them from her head -- as much as he might have preferred that. Nothing could ever be easy, it seemed; the tragedy of having to work for his dinner.

"Tell me these memories, then," he said, "and I shall take them from you gladly, take the pain of them as my own. Or would you have me take all of them? Let you start your life anew without the burden of the past?"

It was cheating a little to make it sound a favor, as if he was giving as much as taking. Trying to get away with an unfair bargain, weasel out of having to give her any real satisfaction.

RE: Wisp's Grove - Tindome - 09-19-2016

New Day

RE: Wisp's Grove - Tindome - 09-19-2016

The Wisp lounged, languorous, in a beam of sunlight in the grass of the grove. It wasn't really sleeping – it didn't need to sleep. It was waiting; it was usually waiting. It wore white, silk or gossamer or both. Showed too much skin, or else just enough to be tempting. A handsome man, or a pretty girl, or something neither.

Without an observer, it could never really be anything.

It was not a day for the aggressive seeking of prey. It was a lazy sort of day instead, to let things catch themselves.

Outside the grove, in the rest of the wild wood, it rained. Thunder broke through clouds, lightning cracked apart wood to destroy trees overhead. Fat raindrops falling fast into mud, the sky a cacophonous orchestra.

In the grove, in the sunlight, the Wisp stretched out its limbs and yawned.