alonimi
Characters Poofing Rule - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Characters Poofing Rule (/showthread.php?tid=510)

Characters Poofing Rule - Blade - 11-07-2014

So, I have one small suggestion. One thing that really bothers me is when someone posts with a character and then never posts again. At the very least can said player put an OOC note in stating: Yeah, X character poofed. That is, barring extenuating circumstances. It's not super annoying, but it is bothersome. To me, this prevent people from just posting one post and not caring to invest anymore time into it. And, it also prevent people from leaving another character who might have interacted immediately after from feeling hung-up on.

Or... maybe I'm thinking too much into it. Feel free to say so.

Characters Poofing Rule - Tindome - 11-07-2014

That's a good idea! The only reason I didn't is because usually that kind of person just straight disappears from the whole forum (or at least that was the case on Tentacl... with the exception of a certain golden someone).

So, I'll put a note in the rules that in general if you can't keep posting, you should let the other players know, or else forfeit your character to being puppeted in order to get them out of the scene. Maybe a 3 day limit? As in, if none of the other players hear from you in any capacity for three days, not OOCs or Skype or whatever...

Unless anyone else has ideas for ways to make it more workable/reasonable, idk. I agree it sucks for a character to get stuck, but I've definitely been the asshole not posting for two weeks and leaving people stuck. :saddoof:

Characters Poofing Rule - Blade - 11-08-2014

I'd say it if you haven't posted in a week with that character you should at least make a note in the OOC if it's a main thread. 1x1's are different people the two or more people doing them know what's up--hopefully. But, group threads should be in the know all around.

And if you don't... then whoever runs that thread can make a it apart of their next post that said character left?

Characters Poofing Rule - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

I usually have a max 3-day window for replies myself, and alert if I won't hit my target. My threads have a poof clause in case a) someone disappears and b) someone didn't actually disappear but returns after a long time and wants to play more. After a week of no posts/contact, threads tend to move forward naturally around that char...The steampunk one gives still-playing folks the option to assume vanished folks have gone to the temp housing or alehouse and also sticks long-missing/return folks in the alehouse if the plot has moved on without them. If that sentence makes sense. Brain is melting after all the copy-pasting. XD

Characters Poofing Rule - Tindome - 11-08-2014

Yes! I saw that rule and I really liked it, I think letting those kinds of options vary between threads is a pretty good policy. In Tsundoku, for instance, if someone disappears I just assume they wandered off while the owner was distracted, as I have done many a time in a small business. Veeee And if they want to come back... maybe they were just so intrigued they couldn't stay away!

So, I'll keep specifics up to individual threads, but let everyone know about the three-day window to alert everyone if you won't be able to post. Meow

Characters Poofing Rule - Blade - 11-08-2014

Make sense to me.

Characters Poofing Rule - Tindome - 11-08-2014

New rule has been added. Toot