alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 12-12-2014

Never could make those profitable, myself. I'm far too much of a perfectionist to be able to knock out decent copy fast enough. Did well running articles in college & nailed content editor of the newspaper though...that paid nice to go along with the other 2 part time jobs & concert gigs. X.x I also only slept 3 hours a night for over a year, terrified the cleaning staff bc I did that sleep in the newspaper office, drank 2 pots of coffee a day, & didn't get in nearly enough parties, but woohoo for da rent/gas/food/MMO moneys. XD

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 12-12-2014

I can be a perfectionist about 'real' writing (aka things I want people to read and enjoy) but for SEO stuff I can knock out about 500 words in 20 minutes for $20 and that's convenient as heck (when it works). If they actually put my name on it that might be a different story, but luckily I have a very generic name! Getting started on mTurk when I was really young probably helped, back when mTurk actually had stuff worth doing. I'd shit out like 300 words for $4 during class and rake in the sweet sweet Amazon dollars.

Right now I'm looking at doing search engine improvement as a supplement, which is sort of the literal opposite of the other thing I do. Like an endless cycle of clogging and unclogging the intertubes. I'm told transcription work is where it's at, but until I can get better internet that isn't an option.

That sounds stressful as heck! I can't even imagine, I am far too lazy and crack very easily under pressure.

Hope you find something to replace it soon! Smile Definitely worth it if you can multitask it, or crank things through. Have you poked at any VA stuff?

Oh, it was. But it was also stuff I enjoyed doing, generally with people I liked, & I wasn't also super stressed about my health like I am now. Smile I wouldn't be able to do it these days.

There are a few alternative sites that are actually supposed to be better, but they might be more stringent and less mindless, so fingers crossed.

VA stuff?

Virtual assistants. Can be cutthroat to get into at the start (ie low pay until you get a track record built up...like 5-10? an hour) & tend to be hopping deadline wise, but you can snag gigs on anything from Googling for an hour to a full contract thing on website copy. Have a friend who does it on her lunch break. $40 one day for trolling around research sites. O.o

Oooh, no, I hadn't looked into anything like that. I'm going to try knocking out a few articles for one of these sites first, but I'll add that to my list of things to consider.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 12-12-2014

<quote source="/post/3475/thread" timestamp="1418353887" author="@danixiewrites]I know those feels.

Making decorations sounds fun!  We made gingerbread cookies last weekend to try to help the Little get over her gingerbread cookie phobia.  (You laugh but I kid you not:  the horror is reals.)  This weekend is more overtime plus a continuation of all the toddler birthdays ever plus the company Christmas party, so I'ma be exhausted again.[/quote]

Oh, man, ginger bread cookie phobia. Is there a name for that? Has to be. I must know it.

I used to do mTurk and stuff, but I just don't have time now. I'd kinda rather write for myself, school, and you guys. (Also, fans.) Even as I write this I'm dead on my feet; my brain is like: FOOK YOU AND THE ENERGY THAT DOES NOT EXIST TO MAKE ME GO GO GO!

I did not succeed in posts today. V,V Maybe tomorrow. -sigh- On to the next day! CHARGE!

WELP i wrote 2000 words and now I'm tired, I guess I'll see in the morning if any of them got accepted. Or something.

idk why I'm liveblogging my self-employment, this must be hella boring and also I still owe Shay two posts I should be writing instead D< SORRY SHAY ILU AND YOUR PATIENT SELF

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 12-12-2014

Perpetually late to conversations I can't stick around for: an unofficial autobiography.

Anyway, I only write roleplay posts, because my writing is awful. For whatever reason, most of you seem to love it so I keep doing it.

Most of the time.
I owe like eight posts.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 12-12-2014

<quote source="/post/3512/thread" timestamp="1418375955" author="@megs]Perpetually late to conversations I can't stick around for: an unofficial autobiography.

Anyway, I only write roleplay posts, because my writing is awful. For whatever reason, most of you seem to love it so I keep doing it.

Most of the time.
I owe like eight posts. [/quote]welcome to the 'I owe so many posts' club.
let me settle you in~
though... i owe you posts. o wo;

We owe each other posts. Lol

All your posts are so good you lying butts

Have I whined about not having anyone to sing baby it's cold outside with, yet? If not, here it is.

Whine whine whine.
It just came on the radio and singing the lady part all by my lonesome feels so weird lol.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 12-12-2014

No, I don't think you ever told me.
WE CAN KARAOKE IT THOUGH!! D:
/wehavethetechnologyswag

And I enjoy everyone I write with here. I'm glad we all congregated. <3

/made a cheswickxbraelin playlist btw

Yeah yeah yeah~