alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 12-07-2014

Kitty, we still need to bring in her brother >,>

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 12-07-2014

I just like the idea of the tea gardens because in my head, it's like a meta version of Big Brother. Just bickering and catty fighting and politics done totally wrong and fucking to show whose the big shot around Brighton.
Ahhhhhh~

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 12-07-2014

My favorite season of Big Brother was the one with the guy who said "I am going to betray all of you and turn you against each other and no one should trust me" and then they trusted him and he betrayed everyone and turned them against each other and they just shrugged and went "yeah I guess he said he'd do that, fun guy though" and then he won.

MY FAVORITE ROMANCE NOVEL IS FREE FOR KINDLE TODAY everyone should get it, it is so cute and funny and sweet and I love it to bits and I ended up buying the whole series and this is coming from someone who paid money so y'all should totes go for it for free. This series has completely ruined me for most other historical romance now, I love it so muuuuuuuch.

<quote author="@Tindome" source="/post/3258/thread" timestamp="1417969201]My favorite season of Big Brother was the one with the guy who said "I am going to betray all of you and turn you against each other and no one should trust me" and then they trusted him and he betrayed everyone and turned them against each other and they just shrugged and went "yeah I guess he said he'd do that, fun guy though" and then he won.

MY FAVORITE ROMANCE NOVEL IS FREE FOR KINDLE TODAY everyone should get it, it is so cute and funny and sweet and I love it to bits and I ended up buying the whole series and this is coming from someone who paid money so y'all should totes go for it for free. This series has completely ruined me for most other historical romance now, I love it so muuuuuuuch.
[/quote]

Purchased! Probably will start reading it tomorrow night. I didn't check; what's the time period? Regency? Pre Regency?

I can never keep track of time periods, alls I knows is that there's an earl and also suffragettes (the last book in the series is called The Suffragette Scandal and it is also great).

I am an avid reader of what is jokingly called the DukeFucker genre but I am unbelievably bad at the actual history. I'm just like "hm yes there's some corsets and sexual tension, good good"

I was going to make a historical innaccuracy joke about Julie d'Aubigny and Thomas-Alexandre Dumas appearing in a book together but then I realized that if someone wrote a book about The Black Count and La Maupin going on adventures together I would buy it so fast my wallet would get whiplash so

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 12-07-2014

My TBR is now giant...plus 1. I'm super picky about what I read in historicals, for some reason. Contemporary is the same way: I already live here so give me something different to read about and get lost in for a bit please. If the writer isn't fuckin' brilliant, I find both easy to put down. Comes down to (for one) how easy I can gloss over problems in FACT versus problems in the writer's own MyWorldMyMagic rules since paranormal (primarily non-vamp ones), 'punk, fantasy, science fiction...vastly more difficult to put down due to my obsession with worldbuilding.

My biggest problem with historicals is when they're supposed to be romantic but instead they just seem rapey and abusive. Which is a problem with all romance novels, but historicals especially. It's one thing if it's like "yeah this is fucked up right" but if you can tell the author is swooning over the horribleness it's just icky.

And any romance novel where the characters masturbate gets brownie points in my personal rating system. Because... reasons.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 12-07-2014

I just ate an uncomfortable amount of Mexican food.

/whispers
superheroessssss

Power levels in Las Ballenas are ridonk because there's a fuckhuge desert well-suited to dragonballz-style punchytimes, so anyone who wants to make a thread and go crazy should go for it. Meow Make a bar! Make a crash pit! Make Sky High but full of stoners! GO NUTS

I was going to make a walk-in but it turned out that the only thing I could think of that I wanted to do there is make, like. A college AU. Because what could be better than an environmental science lab class being taken by slackers who didn't want to take hardcore science but now it's six a.m. and they're going on a goddamn nature hike on a mountain fuck this fuck everything give me my A or I'll blow up your head with my brain oh god wait shit this professor is terrifying nevermind

I have some ideas. I know my character Vance was a professor in one thread, so I could see that happening again. o wo
/whispers
hesmrfreezesorta

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 12-07-2014

I have no superhero types v.v

(I'd totally want to be a badass professor though~)

Dr. Pascal is a botanist and is the sweetest and the cuddliest, and also a huge black man with a wooden leg and questionable senses of fashion and humor. Dr. Said is an ethologist and a tiny white-haired Iranian woman who doesn't say much and will stab you in the heart with her knitting needles. They are a cute old couple and they write books together about wildlife sapience.

Also sometimes Dr. Pascal accidentally brings students home who turn out to be vampires and then Dr. Said murders them and he gets very upset because they seemed nice and you can't just murder everything with fangs oh my god Nadia we have been having this conversation for forty years now

(Said family don't fuck around nosirree)

(They are a big family if anyone wants to make an Iranian monster hunter at any point)

Speaking as an avid historical romance novel reader I can completely connect with what you're both feeling. I tend to avoid and/or put down a lot of romance novels--historical or not--if I feel they are soft core rape or they bug my inner feminist too much. As a result, there are a few writers I tend to enjoy for different reasons.

Eloisa James because her characters have depth and step outside the norm of typical romance heroes and heroines, and, Julia Quinn because just about all of her books are downright hilarious.