alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 12-03-2014

I miss the freedom when it came to layouts for posts, nut it was just another forum site in the end.
I was there so long though, some of my writing is stuck there for the time being.
If Ocean were to bite the bullet, I'd kick Gaia for good. Sell my account for oodles of monies. o wo

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 12-03-2014

The big draw for roleplaying on Gaia for me was the userbase - you were always a lot more likely to meet a lot of new people, a lot of new characters, versus joining a private forum. It also meant there was a shitton of chaff in that wheat, but, fuck it, that could be kind of fun in its own weird way sometimes. That was what excited me about Tentacl initially, I thought the age limit would solve the shitty RPer problem while still having a decently sized userbase. Buuuuut shitty roleplaying knows know age limit, and not that many people actually joined to roleplay versus post genital closeups.

I feel like I stole away all the good 'uns. owo; And we can always invite moooore (even though they are buttfaces and don't post ever I'm looking at you Tyler)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 12-03-2014

I mean, for all that the Gaia community was huge, you still always ended up playing with the same ten people over and over again it seems like >w>;

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 12-04-2014

No, we had many great years on Gaia with the One Night Stand and Ocean, plus whatever other side projects and threads we tried out. 
Just, idk. Everyone I knew from the last ten years stopped writing. They grew up and went to college and started careers and families. 
I can't blame them for being busy elsewhere, but I miss them, ya know? I have ten years of plots no one will understand, and I'm stuck lugging it around to play the characters I most enjoy.
Annnnnd it's given me serious issues trusting other writers to commit. I end up avoiding getting close to other people initially because if they fuck off to live their lives, I'm stuck wondering what I did wrong. lol

Anyway, Gaia was good for what it was. Maybe we can bait people out of there?
HouseEros is another one to pluck people from, but that's likely a lot of PWP rpers.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 12-04-2014

I was on and off, but whenever I stopped posting it was because some kind of OOC drama triggered my social anxiety and made it impossible for me to post. Blush So now I have lots of rules about not making your walk-in literally fucking explode in a temper tantrum and whatever. Like. Multiple times I got accused of trying to steal someone's roleplay boyfriend?? Augh.

I can think of multiple people I'd like to lure over but we weren't close or anything so I'm not comfortable asking. owo Assuming they even still post, I've lost so many RP bros over the years. I don't mind PWP posters, anyway, just having lots of people active and doin' stuff makes me happy.

Ah.
I can't say I've ever had that sort of issue.
Our OOC drama always involved people being dishonest, which stuck me in the middle as the person who called them on it.
I'm not very many things, but I am honest and I will call bullshit when I see it.
Liars have no place in my life. o no

I invited a few people to come over, but I don't think they took me seriously on it.
qq

I let people get away with more than I should, honestly. The most doormatty admin~

In retrospect the issue was almost always that I would wind up playing with someone a lot in a walk-in (not even on purpose, I want to play with errybody) and then it would turn out that they happened to be the only person the walk-in creator actually wanted to play with. So then they'd get mad and the person I was playing with was usually just as confused as I was but that would just ruin the whole thing for me and I'd leave. owo I mean... if all you want is to play one specific storyline with one specific person... why did you make an open thread? Was everyone else's characters just supposed to be set dressing? Weh, idgi.

"It's like if Gaia was just roleplaying, and not shitty roleplayers, and with no features, but with boners. So basically it is nothing like Gaia, come hang out okay <3"

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 12-04-2014

Yeah, I'm all about diversity in RP Land. Especially walk-ins. Because everyone has a unique and different style; what we in the writing community call a voice. And sometimes playing with the same person over and over can feel a little redundant even when the characters are different. So... the more the merrier, in my book.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 12-04-2014

<quote source="/post/3058/thread" timestamp="1417673102" author="@Blade]Yeah, I'm all about diversity in RP Land. Especially walk-ins. Because everyone has a unique and different style; what we in the writing community call a voice. And sometimes playing with the same person over and over can feel a little redundant even when the characters are different. So... the more the merrier, in my book.[/quote]VOICE!  Yes, this :D

<quote source="/post/3054/thread" timestamp="1417667275" author="@Kat]No, we had many great years on Gaia with the One Night Stand and Ocean, plus whatever other side projects and threads we tried out. 
Just, idk. Everyone I knew from the last ten years stopped writing. They grew up and went to college and started careers and families. 
I can't blame them for being busy elsewhere, but I miss them, ya know? I have ten years of plots no one will understand, and I'm stuck lugging it around to play the characters I most enjoy.
Annnnnd it's given me serious issues trusting other writers to commit. I end up avoiding getting close to other people initially because if they fuck off to live their lives, I'm stuck wondering what I did wrong. lol

Anyway, Gaia was good for what it was. Maybe we can bait people out of there?
HouseEros is another one to pluck people from, but that's likely a lot of PWP rpers.
[/quote]I was lucky enough to hit The End of an adventure before reallife took over for everyone.  Still am friends with several of the folks I used to RP with (one of them even came to our wedding!) but I don't know if they've gotten real life settled down to the point where there can be RP again.

...Sure would be cool to get those characters out of retirement. O.o *uber nostalgia moment*

Unrelated note: And I'm *still* sick.  Boss just called to give me crap.  *siiiiighs*

Once again the weather was fine until we got into town. It's so cold outside it's hard to breathe and I have two presentations to give in front of class today Frown

Cold...hmmm...We might have to start sending the little one to daycare with a coat and gloves soon. ^_^

Good luck on those presentations!

Ocean technically hit it's end after five years, but we rebooted it and it's currently been in the same zone for like a year.
It's the slowest, most wonderful role play I've ever been in. ;w;
Also, get better. <33

AND it's not cold here because
Texas
o wo;

Uuugh, my accounting professor only lets people reschedule finals if they have a bunch on the same day, not if they want all their finals to be on the same day. Waaaah. Truly my life is so hard.

But it's almost winter break, yeah? :D