alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - euphoricvoodoo - 11-16-2014

The deep south one intrigues me at the moment. Only accessible through the bayou on boat with it's own dock. Careful with the girls or you might end up gator food! Ran by a voodoo priestess selling charms and other various magical paraphernalia on the side. Magic Bordello *flail*. with various ghosts and assorted magical creatures both working and not.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - sir - 11-16-2014

That's pretty much what I have in mind, yes, although probably pretty light on the voodoo angle just because it's so...expected, y'know? And I'd want to do a respectful take if I do it at all. I'd love to do some Candomble stuff but that's mostly a Brazilian deal.

I was actually thinking of a secret order of Egyptian-descended magi, deriving their powers from Thoth-hermes, who use their magic to bottle the Ba and Ka of the dead and sell it to rum-runners as personality-affecting, life-extending hooch. They don't consider themselves 'colored' but their neighbors certainly do, so they have a shaky alliance with the local African-descended magical community, which slightly resents their intrusion.

Definite yes on the alligators, though.

(Parenthetical Edit: I particularly like this idea because none of the bits of the soul the Egyptians believed in were immaterial- they all corresponded to particular physical entities. So, a liquor that contains part of an Egyptian 'soul' contains part of the physical person. Cannibal soul-moonshine.)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 11-16-2014

*tiny voice in background*

That sounds cool~

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - euphoricvoodoo - 11-16-2014

It is pretty expected. It would have to be a very light side bit every once in a great while because more people would be coming for the girls.

Oh damn. Love that. Secret orders of Egyptian magi. And that sounds about right. Theoretically consuming those would change personality and extend life. Or cause multiple personality disorder. Yeah they presumably wouldn't be all African considering the take overs by everyone and their grandmother so that sounds about right.

This sounds fun.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 11-16-2014

"Cannibal soul-moonshine."

Yep. I've found my people. :D

@ Megs
Thank youuuu~

@ Dani
Haven't you just. :P

@ Euphoric
The girls, boys, and gator-person hybrids. :B

Theoretically, yes. But what is their sinister true purpose DUN DUN DUNNNNN
And yes, there's that- plus Egypt, culturally speaking, has had kind of a fraught relationship with their neighbors on the continent and considered the 'People of The Nile' kind of their own thing.

@ All
Just so the Bayou Boot-knockin' House doesn't get all the fun background, here's the theater:

The Theatre of Warning is a massive, baroque opera house; each of their shows- somewhere between ordinary bawdy plays and the grander traditions of opera and ballet- depicts a vision of apocalypse brought about by a specific vice or perversion. The discreet entertainments in the building's catacombs are then themed after that same vice.

The theater's proprietress, or perhaps proprietor (it's hard to be sure) is rumored to have traveled to far distant shores, and seen something there which convinced it of the inevitability of the world's end. The outer circle of the theater's cult believes this is license for hedonistic excess, before all is lost- the inner circle, led by Mirdath, wishes to hasten the end with cruelty, vice, and horror, and to bring about their own demise artistically.

Oddly, one backdrop for each play is the same, regardless of setting: a vast metal pyramid, and all around it, night.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - tanith - 11-16-2014

I'll have a Mr.Darcy in my Regency pls.

and I am late to the party as usual. *fail*

I mostly mean it's a dandy-intensive environment, with plenty of ponces to go along with the dandies.

You can have a Mr. Darcy, but it's going to be less 'Pride and Prejudice' and more 'Pride and Prejudice and The Ineffable Horror that Inevitably Consumes all Things'

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 11-16-2014

/heavy breathing

I-is this... actually going to be a thing?

/heavier breathing

I'll have a seeking thread up sometime today. I was just spitballing, but yeah, I'll take applicants and such.
DO NOT TRUST ME TO POST REGULARLY.
Repeat:
DO NOT TRUST ME TO POST.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - thedarkwyrm - 11-16-2014

Would vampires be allowed in this Lovecraftian den of iniquity?

I have some very nice vampires.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - tanith - 11-16-2014

Oh god

*hangs on to Kat and joins the heavy breathing club*

*silently thanks Beau Brummel* 

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 11-16-2014

I'll just be...over here. Day-dreaming about slaying dragons and trying to build posts for threads that are sadly lacking in dragons to combat.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - thedarkwyrm - 11-16-2014

You could make a thread about dragon combat and stop complaining about the lack of such threads.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 11-16-2014

Nah. I know where the complaints are coming from. They'll be over on Tuesday. Or I'll have more than enough inspiration to build something. Either way.

I'll shut up if I'm annoying people though, sorry.