alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 11-14-2014

<quote author="@Tindome" source="/post/1051/thread" timestamp="1416000218]I start with roundabout euphemisms and get filthier as the scene gets hotter. Much like in real life. Blush[/quote]

I base which words I use on my character's comfort level. Which makes Tinder's scenes really hard to write, because there are so many words outside of her vocabulary and I dislike repeating myself. -_- #writerworldproblems

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - sir - 11-14-2014

I usually try to vary my language, without getting into the rarefied hinterlands of purple prose.
The best way I've found to avoid having to find lots of synonyms for 'penis' is just to vary what you describe and what you elide and leave to context.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - tanith - 11-14-2014

I try to have a thesaurus on hand, but I'm usually pretty plain with my writing. I'm trying to work on it though.

Yep.

<quote source="/post/1042/thread" timestamp="1415995207" author="@sir]
@ Dani
Good luck! As one of my more enthusiastic readers, your access to forums is something I wish to maintain. >w>;

@ Everyone
New poll, background info posted!
Also, that thread is intended to be its own OOC, so feel free to chitter-chatter about stuff or ask questions in there re: setting et. al.[/quote]Oh, the readings will commencify.  *pets phone*  It's just the posts I write before work or during lunch, I wouldn't be able to post until evening instead of right at the end of break.  *languishes*  :D

Also: YAY!  AI!

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 11-14-2014

I use like 10 words for penis because that pleases me.
But, I find, there's context for every word.
Sometimes, it's totes cool to just say 'She rode his cock' vs 'She rode his shaft/manhood/sex/length/yada yada'.
I abuse the fuck out of the word cock.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 11-14-2014

I feel completely out of place in this discussion. Oh well.

Aww.
Don't let the chat die because of my awkwardness.

We can move along with the topic.
I'm sorry to make you less than included. :c

I didn't mind the conversation. It was kind of amusing honestly. I just didn't really have anything I could contribute to it, yet felt the need to participate somehow, because I'm awkward like that,

I have the same thing going.
I don't always have something worth contributing, but I generally just throw whatever comes to mind out there.

I was having dinner. XD Now, how to reply in a way that doesn't start: Hmmm, oh yes. I like cock. Cock is totes cool.

>.>

I'll get Tinder there. As she uh. Warms up. Muhaha. DarkWyrm, you realize, we managed to write that scene together without using ANY of these words? O.o I'm super impressed.

...hmm. Once I make my one needed post, I really need to find someplace else to play in too. Too bad I have no clue where or who or what.

All the things! XD

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - thedarkwyrm - 11-14-2014

<quote source="/post/1077/thread" timestamp="1416012372" author="@danixiewrites]I was having dinner. XD Now, how to reply in a way that doesn't start: Hmmm, oh yes. I like cock. Cock is totes cool.

>.>

I'll get Tinder there. As she uh. Warms up. Muhaha. DarkWyrm, you realize, we managed to write that scene together without using ANY of these words? O.o I'm super impressed.

[/quote]I tend to use the same words my partner uses.  So if Tinder doesn't use them because she's withdrawn, I won't use them because I'm a chameleon.  

I need more specifics than that. My brain already tries to create all the things. It makes me very indecisive when trying to find something to do.

<quote author="@thedarkwyrm" source="/post/1080/thread" timestamp="1416012806]
I tend to use the same words my partner uses.  So if Tinder doesn't use them because she's withdrawn, I won't use them because I'm a chameleon.  [/quote]Ahaaaaa :D  Works out well then!