alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 02-20-2015

<quote source="/post/4241/thread" timestamp="1424199610" author="@Blade]Dude! Yes!

My biggest problem with the story is that I was originally going to use real people from history as integral characters. Which, I have with at least one so far; and I'm fine with her. But, the other two kind of... strained my story? I was too hung up on the actual history of them and how to integrate them without it seeming cheesy and stupid. I mean, it's one thing if history knows next to nothing about a particular person, but, when they're well-known? It can feel wrong to me and I just worry about doing it justice.

Thankfully, these two characters had not been revealed yet; they won't be for a while. But, knowing the background makes dropping clues for the overall plot much easier.
[/quote]If you're rolling with alternate history, it can take some of the pressure off the perfection, but when the inventions and backstories and happeningses are also key, whew.  My muses refuse to let me write historical figures.  Reality, too, in general, but that's a whole 'nother thing.  XD  Get someone to poke at them during revisions since they gave you grief?  

Ugh. I have a grotesque need for coffee and it's 8 at night. I thought the single mommyhood of both the toddler and husband before the surgery was rough. Post-surgery? I feel like my knuckles are dragging on the ground. *might be flailing* *can't tell, because can't feel too-tired arms* ^_^

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 02-20-2015

/love pats
Treat yo self.
Coffee at 8pm.
/sips starbucks

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 02-20-2015

I still need to get off my ass and post something. Somewhere. With someone. Now if only any of those were defined variables to work with, but eh. I'll figure it out. Maybe. Eventually. With enough alcohol.

French vanilla creamer, half-caf...warms. (lordie. so tired I first typed: French valhalla creamer. And then thought: C'est Asgard! Bienvenue! *facepalm*)

I'm not a fan of coffee, but I'd try something with Valhalla creamer just to say I did.

Highly recommended by the gods. ^_^

Is it served by Valkyries?

I kind of feel like it should also be in a drinking horn.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 02-20-2015

<quote author="@danixiewrites" source="/post/4277/thread" timestamp="1424479475]If you're rolling with alternate history, it can take some of the pressure off the perfection, but when the inventions and backstories and happeningses are also key, whew.  My muses refuse to let me write historical figures.  Reality, too, in general, but that's a whole 'nother thing.  XD  Get someone to poke at them during revisions since they gave you grief?  [/quote]

It just too much work really. And honestly, my overall series plot is better for the change.

But if you're offering to beta.... >D

<quote source="/post/4287/thread" timestamp="1424481365" author="@Blade]It just too much work really. And honestly, my overall series plot is better for the change.

But if you're offering to beta.... >D[/quote]

Oh heck yes. ^_^

PS: I saw a new post; is the Manor live now?

<quote author="@danixiewrites" source="/post/4288/thread" timestamp="1424481510]Oh heck yes. ^_^

PS: I saw a new post; is the Manor live now?[/quote]</br>

Yes indeed!

*dancey dance* I need to get a post done for my ghost tour guide. XD

<quote source="/post/4290/thread" timestamp="1424484210" author="@danixiewrites]*dancey dance* I need to get a post done for my ghost tour guide. XD[/quote]-dancy dances too- I can't wait~!

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - tsunderebanchou - 02-21-2015

I feel bad about not posting anything for a while, but I have been busy lately Frown
I am almost at the end of my Japanese study. Also bicycles are fun, but I still stop in bad times.