alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 02-16-2015

Considering how much inane backstory I've written for Kreska I'm hardly going to complain ;3 I have everyone at a disadvantage when it comes to extensive backstory scribblings, haha

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 02-17-2015

Only because most of my backstory is kept hidden inside my brain, Tinny.

One day maybe I'll stop hiding and do something with it.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 02-17-2015

You ever work on a story and try to keep certain details a certain way but then just keep getting frustrated and don't understand why? Yeah, been having that for a while with my book The Clockwork Archer. Actually, my whole Steam Runner series in general. Well, finally got rid of my road block, which happened to be those stupid pesky details. 8D I'm so happy. I can actually get some writing really finished and be happy.... weeeeee~!

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 02-17-2015

<quote source="/post/4237/thread" timestamp="1424149659" author="@hex]Only because most of my backstory is kept hidden inside my brain, Tinny.

One day maybe I'll stop hiding and do something with it.[/quote]Doooo iiiiiiit.  ^_^

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 02-17-2015

<quote source="/post/4238/thread" timestamp="1424166499" author="@Blade]You ever work on a story and try to keep certain details a certain way but then just keep getting frustrated and don't understand why? Yeah, been having that for a while with my book The Clockwork Archer. Actually, my whole Steam Runner series in general. Well, finally got rid of my road block, which happened to be those stupid pesky details. 8D I'm so happy. I can actually get some writing really finished and be happy.... weeeeee~![/quote]*happy flailing*  I know those feels.  Usually for me it's due to a problem whose solution I should've realized all along, and I feel like an idiot because it's SO OBVIOUS.  (This lightning bolt also tends to happen in a very unfortunate, public place.  ie: Shouting "The boy has to DIE!" in the middle of a grocery store.  That remains my favorite.  Probably because the hubs' disappearing act was epic.)  Congratulations, and may your fingers be swift on the way to that victory!  :D

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 02-17-2015

<quote timestamp="1424176341" author="@danixiewrites" source="/post/4240/thread]*happy flailing*  I know those feels.  Usually for me it's due to a problem whose solution I should've realized all along, and I feel like an idiot because it's SO OBVIOUS.  (This lightning bolt also tends to happen in a very unfortunate, public place.  ie: Shouting "The boy has to DIE!" in the middle of a grocery store.  That remains my favorite.  Probably because the hubs' disappearing act was epic.)  Congratulations, and may your fingers be swift on the way to that victory!  :D[/quote]

Dude! Yes!

My biggest problem with the story is that I was originally going to use real people from history as integral characters. Which, I have with at least one so far; and I'm fine with her. But, the other two kind of... strained my story? I was too hung up on the actual history of them and how to integrate them without it seeming cheesy and stupid. I mean, it's one thing if history knows next to nothing about a particular person, but, when they're well-known? It can feel wrong to me and I just worry about doing it justice.

Thankfully, these two characters had not been revealed yet; they won't be for a while. But, knowing the background makes dropping clues for the overall plot much easier.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 02-17-2015

/coughs
someone play with Korbin pls
/cough

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Panda - 02-18-2015

I have no idea what to do, character wise. Here or elsewhere. This sucks.

And I have the strangest urge to bite people, but that's beside the point...

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 02-18-2015

<quote source="/post/4244/thread" timestamp="1424228371" author="@Kat]/coughs
someone play with Korbin pls
/cough
[/quote]I read through the post; though, not so sure what ONS is really... A place for paranormal? I might have got a decent character to play with him.

-is thinking of making a few posts tonight since writing it meh-

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Kat - 02-18-2015

Oh, right.
The ONS is a paranormal bar, though more in the 'this bar is magic, and in such, tends to attract magical beings' sort of way.
Humans and mundanes are welcome, and encouraged, since the current owner is human and she's kinda lonely.
It used to adhere to the rules of the Masquerade, but now it's so shrouded in runes and magic that it doesn't get messed with by outside organizations (police, local government, etc etc)

Edit: Also - scenes tended to encompass other parts of the city with characters tied to the bar, so Cheswick and Braelin aren't at the bar.

Ohhhhh... ok. Gotcha. Kinda wanna bring my vamp Trinity in... maybe. Can you add me to skype?

Alllright... so I have at least... two threads I need to reply to....

...yeah. x_X

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Hobo_Bob - 02-19-2015

woohoo~!! posts~!!!
=3

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 02-19-2015

Yes!!! Posts~!!!

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 02-20-2015

Hubs is out of hospital and doing good--I should be back to lurking this weekend. So many things to read this week! *glee*