alonimi
Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Alonimi Spamstravaganza (/showthread.php?tid=508)

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 01-15-2015

So, I made all these writing plans but my husband wants to hang out lol. Totally figures.

Bright side is I get to go to Outback for lunch.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 01-15-2015

<quote timestamp="1421328795" source="/post/3962/thread" author="@Tindome]I'm glad you seem to have liked my fanfic, Dani 8D[/quote]Oh nono...I hated it.  Because I don't see the part in there yet where you get contacted by the showrunners and hired to "do the thing" on the shelves.  ...Not that thing.  The other thing.  Though.  I doubt smut bonus scenes and exercise machines would make the cut.  And so that would also just be tragic. ;)  

*glomps*

<quote source="/post/3966/thread" timestamp="1421344333" author="@megs]So, I made all these writing plans but my husband wants to hang out lol. Totally figures.

Bright side is I get to go to Outback for lunch. [/quote]Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak...

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Tindome - 01-15-2015

:glomp:

Yes, I feel like Bryke generally writes things with fewer Varricizer's and ogling of thighs. And generally fewer lace-top stockings with garters. Much to our detriment.

Clearly they need a line of novels for young adults. Or something. They would probs still not let me do it, tho Veeee

Much to our detriment. ^_^

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 01-16-2015

Weeeelcome, Sarki!!*

*New RPer greeting flails commencing...now: Omg

Edit: Adding quote.  Just in case.  XD
<quote source="/post/3983/thread" timestamp="1421397235" author="@sarki]

[/quote]

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 01-16-2015

Rawr, so my MIL gets out of the hospital on my birthday xD. Too funny. The 23rd. Just next week on Friday. They're going to get a wheelchair, a handicap decal for my car, and a bedside commode in case she can't make it to the potty. And my aunt Cat is letting us use a commode thing that makes the toilet higher for her.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - megs - 01-17-2015

I'm writing posts on my phone as I get a new tire put on my car. They will not be fancy. Lol

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 01-17-2015

*whines* My alpha readers have been holding on to pages for days...I know they're busy but the lack of "yes this works" v. "wow, you suck" feedback is giving me a complex. And of course it's happening on the first chapter of something new, so my nerves are shot and it's distracting.  I need a better mental cheerleader than "if it sucks, I will have wasted time revising more while I wait on that feedback."  *snrk*

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 01-17-2015

Aws, I'm sorry to hear that, Dani. Frown If you need help editing I don't mind.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 01-17-2015

Oooh thanks! I'll keep that in mind! ^_^ I do a spread so I don't burn folks out on revisions; have a pretty decent CP who'll start tackling it at the end of the month and so far only one beta reader for after I do a polish, then the two I sent out to are supposed to be my proof-of-concept readers (read this and tell me if you'd read more, and if not, why, sort of Q's rather than more targeted things about characters and plotholes.). But it's killing me I don't have that answer yet. Smile

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 01-18-2015

Ah, yeah, I'm used to helping with the same piece chapter after chapter. We could make an exchange of it, like I did with my other writer friends. It's kind of an unspoken rule of ours to read what we're asked to read because we'll need the favor in return.

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - sarki - 01-18-2015

Thanks. owo

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - danixiewrites - 01-18-2015

That would be super-cool, Blade! Smile I'll bug you closer to the end of the month, if you're still game for crits.

Sidebar: the Little played so hard yesterday--3 birthday parties, one at a bounce house place, another at a skate rink, and the third at a MyGym--that so far today she's been unwilling to move from the couch. More writing time for Mommy! XD

Alonimi Spamstravaganza - Blade - 01-18-2015

James, hanks for ...? >P

Hahahahaha! Yeah, kids are meant to go out and play everyday when they're little. They have a lot of energy to burn out and most parents don't get that. Sucks, but true. My hubs has two boys from a previous marriage. They're both high school level now. But, when I came into the picture they were in elementary school. And, at some point, we have to have them full time for a few years while they were still that young. Their mother only recently got them back full time about two years ago. We just really didn't want to change states/school on them again so soon.

But, yeah, we were trying to have another and it just didn't work out. But, while we were trying we'd gone over all sorts of plans. And one of those was to run the little bugger to sleep-mode by about 7 everyday so they'd get good sleep.

I hate to rant, but I think that's one of my biggest beefs with parents. The ones who have their 4 year olds up till 2 in the morning without an excuse--like they work late at a diner and are and only parent and need to shop for groceries around the only time they can. Ya know, cool, I get it. But, I know parents who don't put their kids to bed early, kids don't get a lot of sleep, and then the parent is like, "Why are they such a pain today?" Well... kids at that age need like 12 hours of sleep. You gotta wear them out and let them crash." The whole, "They won't sleep!" doesn't fly with me unless they ahve some kind of disorder or soemthing along those lines that can mess with sleep. I always feel like saying, "Put on your big girl/boy britches and make them go to bed. Turn on the nightlight, close the door, and let them wail. And if they keep wailing every night put some soap in that mouth. They go to sleep. Trust me."