alonimi
Tentacl Archive Project - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Tentacl Archive Project (/showthread.php?tid=507)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

O.o The broken site code for the foreign language markers is going to be a problem...lol

Tentacl Archive Project - Kat - 11-08-2014

I will take any and all help I can get... Oh my gosh.
I don't even know how to google docs. Dx

It is taking me twice as long to go through Tsundoku as Farendajo (I started on page 9). Keep having to dig into the page source to find missing words. And I think the avatar markup is going to be way less precise since I'm more focused on rescuing text. ^_^

Kat, I'll tackle Radius first, at some point this week. If you want to save the avatars out, go ahead and snag 'em in prep, otherwise it'll be just a text archive. Smile

Tentacl Archive Project - Tindome - 11-08-2014

Don't worry too much about the avatar tags my threads, since I have to reformat the paragraphs anyway I'll probably notice if someone references taking clothes off or whatever. They're convenient, but if you're already dealing with the <<thing>> you've got enough on your plate. Meow

Tentacl Archive Project - Blade - 11-08-2014

I really want to smack tentacl for not making a transfer-to-rtf feature for us to just download the whole thread. So dumb.

Honestly, it seems like they were ultimately using some kind of phpBB based system, and in its most basic form phpBB allows for exports. I have no idea what the fuck they did or why that it isn't possible for them to modify the code to allow for it. Blank

I will at this point be annoyed, however, if they do somehow come up with a method to do so before the end of the month. LOL... *checks Radius off the To Archive list* *naptime*

I know, right?? If they come up with an easier way to do this after we've put in all this goddamn work... :mad:

I'd be so mad if they did that xD

Ok, so here's my question. Can Tinny and I arrange to have page numbers assigned for our threads that people will catalog? I'm sure if we know who's volunteering and who's going to to do what it'll be that much easier. I certainly don't want to lose all the stuff in AH, but I don't want to copy/paste all of it AND IC by myself.

What's left? I've got a couple hours tomorrow I can dig into more text-nabbing.

Tentacl Archive Project - Blade - 11-09-2014

I haven't started yet because I've had homework and reading to do. I have a paper to write tomorrow. Bleah. But, I planned on starting Monday since I'll just have reading then for my classes. That's mostly why I was aksing who wanted to split the work with me.

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-09-2014

^_^ I think...my brain flailed a little and may have gone "ABANDON SHIP! ARCHIVE ALL THE THINGS!" thusly interpreting Dec 1 as "This Weekend" instead of "you have time to not panic". *g*

...IC: AH is a short one. I'll grab it this morning. EDIT:  Done.

EDIT2: IC pages 1-8 snagged.  I'll be back this afternoon and keep going from there.  No code searching yet, so if that keeps up, you might have it all today.

Tentacl Archive Project - Kat - 11-09-2014

<quote source="/post/133/thread" timestamp="1415464754" author="@danixiewrites]It is taking me twice as long to go through Tsundoku as Farendajo (I started on page 9). Keep having to dig into the page source to find missing words. And I think the avatar markup is going to be way less precise since I'm more focused on rescuing text. ^_^

Kat, I'll tackle Radius first, at some point this week. If you want to save the avatars out, go ahead and snag 'em in prep, otherwise it'll be just a text archive. Smile[/quote]Unf, you're a life saver, Dani. <3
No need for avatars, text is fine. ; u ;
/clings to

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-09-2014

<quote source="/post/222/thread" timestamp="1415534271" author="@Kat]<quote author="@danixiewrites" source="/post/133/thread" timestamp="1415464754]It is taking me twice as long to go through Tsundoku as Farendajo (I started on page 9). Keep having to dig into the page source to find missing words. And I think the avatar markup is going to be way less precise since I'm more focused on rescuing text. ^_^

Kat, I'll tackle Radius first, at some point this week. If you want to save the avatars out, go ahead and snag 'em in prep, otherwise it'll be just a text archive. Smile[/quote]Unf, you're a life saver, Dani. <3
No need for avatars, text is fine. ; u ;
/clings to
[/quote]Link should be in your msg box~~~  <3