alonimi
Tentacl Archive Project - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Tentacl Archive Project (/showthread.php?tid=507)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tentacl Archive Project - Tindome - 11-07-2014

I decided there should be a centralized space where everyone trying to archive our old roleplaying threads can share progress.

Fortunately, it turns out that with Firefox and Word 365, it does maintain the formatting when copy/pasting. Less fortunately, the paragraph breaks are all fucked up, and fixing them is tedious as hell.

Here is Part 1 of Wisteria and Violets, which so far is all that I have. Ugh.

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-07-2014

Some of those threads are going to hurt. I can help if folks let me know what they want ported to Box (Maybe not on the avvy front like I did with Steam & Sugar's backlog, but I can steamroll through text/formats.)

If you want to roll through Tsundoku or Farendajo, all I really need is: each post on its own page (so ctrl-enter after every pasted post if you're using Word) and marks in front of a post indicating the character and (in the case of Tsundoku) if their avatar changed in a plot-relevant way. You don't have to do any editing or formatting because I can take care of that later, I just need the dang posts. Excepting the occasional OOC post that happened early on, those are useless.

(This is also true if anyone else wants to volunteer, even just copy/pasting raw text without tagging avs is fine because I have a month to figure it out and all.)

At the mo, am all caught up on posts soooo...will start with Farendajo after dinner. Smile

Hooray! Take your time obviously, I don't want to make anyone feel obligated about this stuff, particularly for threads they weren't involved with. Meow

Oh yeah, it'll be lazily copy pasting while catching up on my backlog for Agents of Shield. ^_^

Tentacl Archive Project - Blade - 11-07-2014

It's going to take me a few days to copy paste everything from IC: AH and IC that I need. I seriously am considering doing 'see source' and then deleting everything but the text and inserting the names of characters above. Mostly putting it all in Word.

I think that might be easier... maybe?

I actually tried that initially, but there is so much crap. The source for pages was 80% javascript buttons and god knows what else, and trying to delete it without accidentally deleting post content... I ended up deciding it was easier to copy paste. Click, drag, ctrl-c, alt-tab, ctrl-v, ctrl-enter, alt-tab, repeat. I got into kind of a groove with it, haha.

But I'll have to do view source in some threads where <this> was used to indicate foreign languages and that site update borked it. And saving the html would certainly be faster in terms of making sure you have everything backed up as quickly as possible, in case they somehow fubar something between now and December 1st.

Tentacl Archive Project - Blade - 11-07-2014

Yeah, I think just copy/paste from the page itself might be easier. If I can get all my homework done maybe I can devote myself to that this weekend.

A test convert of this doc gave me a horrifying "cannot display" error I've never seen before. ey have broken my spellcheck, y'all.

So many aliens. So many pronouns. Gonk

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

<quote source="/post/95/thread" timestamp="1415418043" author="@Tindome]So many aliens. So many pronouns. Gonk
[/quote]QFT

I should have screen-capped the error for posterity(?), but I was just so appalled, I had to make it go away before my eyeballs imploded.  Plus side, there were magically no red and blue lines.  So.  It looked great after.  ^_^

Tentacl Archive Project - Kat - 11-08-2014

I need to start on this soon. /Stares at Radius
But there's so much. o no

Tentacl Archive Project - Hobo_Bob - 11-08-2014

So far, i've managed to save perhaps 2% of the threads I was in/ am in / all my older 1x1's.
Since Tsundouku is SO BIG, I dont mind cataloging like the first seven or eight pages if someone wants to grab the next. So that it's not just one person doing all of it. I'll save everything, even the OOC so nothing is left out.

I'm thinking of doing it to other threads I was in / am in.

Like Inverted and Muskaptilo. So-....yep.

Tentacl Archive Project - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

If you want to grab the first 8, then pass it on, I can pick it up from there. That was my project today anyway, followed by the first thread Kat asks me to dig into. :D I'm doing text and username markup, noting avatar changes, nixing OOC; someone else can deal with avvies if they want to try it--graphics are a pita that I attempted for Steam & Sugar's archive but do not wish to attempt again. XD