alonimi
Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Wisteria and Violets [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 05-24-2015

She hummed and trembled and mumbled words of appreciation that only she understood. Nova took his face in her hands and pulled him down so he could kiss him, and lavish in the way he shuddered against her.

"I will take it as a compliment," she says with a smile against his mouth, having finally remembered how to speak a language they both understood.

She sighed, all pleased and content, as she wrapped her arms over his shoulders. She cuddled close and rested her head against him, lips pressed to the curve of his neck. Her tentacles loosened, but didn't let him go; the same went for her thighs, still situated around his waist. She was surprisingly comfortable, in the water and cuddled against him as she caught her breath and waited for her hearts to stop pounding in her ears.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 05-24-2015

Ix smiled as she kissed him, letting them essentially float in the shallow water as she got comfortable against him. The room was silent, now, except for their breathing and the quiet lap of the water against their skin. It was ordinarily quite still, but they'd been splashing around enough to create small waves that would take their time dissipating.

He was happier than he'd been in a very long time. Happy enough not to worry about how it could go wrong, for once not waiting for the other shoe to drop. Just… happy. Enjoying a perfect moment for what it was, one of many perfect moments that the day had brought him. He'd forgotten all about the TAF, about Grilka, about Kreska. The day had been perfect, because he'd bought his girlfriend a dog and tacos and they'd gone to the beach and then made love in his apartment. Anything else was pointless details.

He kissed her forehead again, stroking a hand down her spine. "What I love about you," he said wryly, "is your optimism."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 05-25-2015

"You already have things you love about me?" She sounded pleased, but also surprised. One of her hands slid from his shoulder to poke ripples on the water's surface.

She had things she loved about him, as well. Which she would reveal if she was asked. Foremost, he was kind and gentle, which were things that Nova wasn't used to. She wouldn't spoil their time together by sparing thoughts for Grixton. In short, he was cruel and he was selfish. She had been a fool for wasting time with him.

"Is it possible for me to stay here? With you?" She asked suddenly, lifting her head and tilting it back slightly. The logistics or possibility of her request were beyond her. She wasn't trying to put him on the spot, therefore attempted to not look too hopeful. She'd understand if it was a ridiculous request, but she was exhausted and needed to know if she should find another place to sleep.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 05-25-2015

Had he said love?

He'd said love.

But that he loved things about her. Which was different and distinct from that other thing in many important ways.

"Well," he said, "you're very… lovable. You're cheerful and funny and sweet. I already said optimistic. And beautiful. Lots of… traits. Good traits, for a person to enjoy. As well as you. I hope you enjoy being yourself. As much as I enjoy you being yourself." That had become an absolute clusterfuck of affection. She seemed not to mind when he stumbled over himself conversationally, so he tried not to hate himself for it.

His instinct was to say yes, but he thought he ought to give it more thought than that. "I don't know if you can sleep in water," he admitted. "I want you to stay, but also do not want you to drown. Which is true most of the time. But you can always sleep in the guest room, if this isn't safe." He didn't want to send her home. He wanted to wake up and make her breakfast. Or take her out for coffee. Or wake her up with kisses. There were a lot of things he wanted, and most of them were suspiciously domestic.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 05-26-2015

She was smiling, as she nuzzled against his neck and drew circles between his shoulder blades. "Well, I have things I love about you, too," she states, matter-of-factly, before pressing a kiss to his shoulder. "I love how you get all rambling when you say nice things about me," another kiss. "I love how you always correct me when I'm wrong. Even when it's not on purpose." Another kiss, as her tentacles finally drew away from him. "And I would keep that in mind, because not just anyone would be totally okay with their lawyer boyfriend correcting them all time." She laughed lightly and placed kisses up his neck in rapid succession. "I love how open you are with me, because you try to be so closed off with everyone else. Kinda makes me feel special."

Her tentacles pinwheeled just above her shoulders, and she kissed the spiral on his chin. "You are absolutely right, drowning would be very bad." She pulled away from him, moving to the edge of the pond to pull herself out of it, and sit on ledge with her legs still dangling in the water. She did not seem at all concerned by her nakedness. She pushed a tendril behind her ear, biting her lip. "Isn't Kreska staying the guestroom? I don’t want to cause any problems if she comes back."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 05-27-2015

He smiled, and kept smiling, and it was amazing that he could hold the expression for so long when it was usually so fleeting. Had anyone ever said such nice things about him? He wasn't really sure. And he didn't want to think about anyone that wasn't Nova, anyway. "You're right," he agreed. "Most people hate it. Really, really hate it. So you'd think I would have fixed that, by now. But if you love it, then. I won't." It was impossible to kiss her back when her mouth was pressed to the skin at his chin and below, so all he could do was stroke affectionately at her tentacles. "It's only one of the reasons that you're special. So. I'm glad I can make you feel… like you should."

Ix sighed as Nova pulled away from him, and his smile dimmed though it did not fade. Not quite as radiant as it was when she was holding him, but that was an inevitability. He still watched her with obvious devotion, moving to the edge of the water to prop his elbow on the floor. "She won't be back tonight," he said with certainty. "Even if she was… she can sleep on the couch. She doesn't like sleeping in there any more than I do." He kissed her knee. "You can even let Onion on the bed. If you want. Since I can't snuggle with you. Not that a dog is the same thing." He huffed. "You know what I mean."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 05-28-2015

"Good, because it is not something that needs to be fixed. I think you're wonderful just as you are." Tentacles curled at his touch and she continued to nuzzle gently. When she caught sight of that smile her stomach turned to butterflies. Oh, how she loved that smile. That adorable expression that was just for her

She was just as disappointed at pulling away, but knew she would have take some sort of imitative if either of them were to get some sleep.

"As long as you are sure, I will stay." She brushed her knuckles across his face as he kissed her knee. Shortly, afterwards she pulled her legs out of the water. "Onion will be an acceptable substitute. I suppose." She stood and gathered up her clothing, sliding back into garments with a shimmy. She held the bra in one hand, slinging it over her shoulder and placing the other hand on her hip. "I expect to see that smile, again, in the morning," she instructs, before turning on her heel and walking towards the door. She turned back to blow him a kiss before disappearing behind it.

Moving through the living room, she picked up her shirt and put it on. She shoved the bra into her messenger bag, exchanging it for her phone and scanned the room to find Onion. He was asleep on the couch and she felt a bit bad when she picked him and woke him, but it wasn't like it took much for him to fall back asleep. A long day for all of them. She didn't even know what time it was.

She had to locate the guest room. When she did she dropped Onion onto the bed before looking for a bathroom.

When she returned to the room Onion had sprawled over the bed as much as his short limbs would allow and she chuckled at the sight before flopping down next to him. Curling around the animal she unlocked her phone to text Camdis.

?» I got inside.
?» Hopefully, not just now.
?» Nah. A Krotazi let me in, couple hours ago.
?»Then ey drugged me and blackmailed me.
?» !?

Her phone instantly started buzzing in her hand. She silenced it and dropped it on the pillow next to her. She'd just let him simmer in the information as punishment for being a jerk earlier. She pet Onion, idly with a few lazy tentacles, and it wasn't long after that she fell asleep.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 06-06-2015

Ix's smile remained even after she'd left his room, listening to her walk around and the little puppy sounds of Onion being roused. He pressed a button to switch the lights to the night display, dark but for a few small points of multicolored light. He yawned, and kept yawning, drew air into his lungs at length before submerging himself. His nostrils and first set of eyelids stayed shut while he was underwater, watching the lights in the ceiling through a thin film.

He could, sometimes, be convinced to nap on a mattress. But it always ended up hurting his back and leaving him sore, and in general he'd given up on that kind of thing a long time ago. It wasn't very romantic, but then again, cuddling wasn't much of a thing for Siladen. Ixaaliot was something of an exception. He was also the kind of guy who would show his legs on a second date, apparently, so.

Prior accusations of sluttery may have been more justified than he let on.

When he woke, he listened for signs that Nova was awake. Or still there. He dragged himself out of the water, toweling himself off as he tried to find something to wear. He wound up just throwing on a pair of pants, because trying to decide on a shirt that was The Right Amount Of Casual was going to give him a headache. He was allowed to be shirtless in his own home, with his own girlfriend.

He checked a wall panel with current info on the apartment's status - temperature, humidity, life signs. Nova and Onion still seemed to be sound asleep. Although according to the logs, Onion had gotten up at least once, and the automated cleaning system had taken care of the consequences.

What would Nova like for breakfast? No swana cakes, since she didn't like sweets. What was a good… breakfast meat? He did a network search for savory breakfasts, something he had the ingredients for. While he was at it, he ordered coffee to be delivered from the café downstairs.

Phở was breakfast, wasn't it? He could make phở. But he always made that for himself and Kreska, so it was vegetarian. What about quiche? With Jobari bacon, it was a lot of protein, at least. Yes. He would make a quiche. This was a perfect plan, without flaw. He started setting out pans, prepping the oven, digging through the fridge. Four arms could be convenient when it came time to cook. His cephalic tentacles, clean and not numbed, swayed gently as if in an unseen breeze. The bare and unscarred skin of his back was toward the living room while he worked, waiting for the delivery drone as he whisked.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 06-06-2015

Nova woke up because somehow Onion had gotten tangled in her tentacles. She was aware that they continued to move in her sleep, and apparently he'd seen it as some sort of game. He seemed to do that with everything, more like a cat when it came to dangling something in front of him. She yawned and pushed herself into a sitting position, taking a few moments to release the dog from the clutches of wayward tendrils. He bounded away from them towards the end of the bed with a grateful sounding yip, and Nova worked on getting them back into a manageable order.

With another yawn, she rubbed her eyes and tried to adjust to the lighting. It was a bit too bright and she'd left her glasses on the coffee table.

She slipped out of bed and when she opened the door Onion darted out of it because apparently he thought the sounds coming from kitchen were meant for him.

She snatched her bag from the living room and darted back to the bathroom, because a shower was certainly in order before she joined Ixaaliot in the kitchen. She had no doubt her make-up had smeared in her sleep at the very least, and that certainly would not do.

She always packed like she wouldn't be going home. Some nights she didn't. Some nights it was better to sleep at the club or at Reyr's or Sol's because going home could be too much hassle with Grixton's penchant for unannounced visits.

When she finally appeared in the kitchen she was wearing a navy sundress, decorated in purple and pink flowers, and stockings that were a matching blue. Her glasses were secure on her face. 

Nova walked up behind Ixaaliot until she was close enough to press a kiss to his bare shoulder.

"Good morning," she lilted, chipper as always as she raised up on her toes slightly to see what he was doing over his shoulder.

"Are you making breakfast?" This time her tone sounded equally pleased and surprised. Her tentacles flared behind her back.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 06-09-2015

A faint smile curled his mouth when Nova pressed a kiss to his skin; he wondered when she'd be joining him. It was no wonder she'd taken as long as she had, looking as made up as she did. He didn't know why he was surprised she'd brought extra clothes, and he tried not to read anything into it. He hoped she wasn't dressed up to go anywhere, because there was no way this would be done in time, and then he'd have to sit home alone eating a quiche by himself.

That would just be sad.

"Morning," he said, and he hoped she didn't mind that he hadn't made himself more presentable. He ran a hand self-consciously over his tendrils, though they immediately went back swaying upright.

"That depends on whether or not you want breakfast. If not, I am making… a mystery quiche. To have. At some point." He poured the egg mixture into the crust, stepping back -- and against Nova -- to slide it into the oven. "If you want breakfast, then you still have to wait until it sets." He closed the oven and stood, turning around to press a kiss to her forehead. "In the meantime, maybe you could help me find a shirt?" he suggested.

"There is also coffee. Or, will be coffee. Once it gets here. It's being delivered, because I thought you might like that. If you want to have breakfast and coffee with me. And don't have to go to work. It's okay if you do."

Still waffling and equivocating, because despite the strength of his feelings for her and the fact that she'd spent the night, they still barely knew each other. Even if he felt like he knew her. He'd been moving fast, and he still wanted to give her as many opportunities to back out as he could.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 06-09-2015

Nova took half a step back when he moved. Just enough for him to complete the task, but not enough that they were no longer touching. Smaller tentacles curled as he kissed her forehead and she clapped her hands together excitedly at the mention of quince. It escalated into her bouncing on the balls of her feet at the mention of clothing.

"Dress shirt, dress shirt!" She cheered, and Onion was more than happy to play accompaniment to her enthusiasm with droning howls. She was apparently interested in seeing him I a suit today, if it all came to that.

She didn't know how the day would play out. She had no obligations or agenda, but she could not say the same for him. Taking two of his hands in her own, she rose on her toes to kiss his chin, before she quickly dropped back down. Nova was not used to feeling short.

Tentacles swarmed over her shoulders and she beamed. All of these opportunities to offer her an out were wasted on her.

"Coffee and breakfast sounds great!" She did not mention that she had no place to be, as to not make it seem like he would have to spend another day with her. Not that she wouldn't love to, she just didn't want to disrupt any of his plans.

Onion had planted himself between their feet, panting and tail wagging as if there was something in this exchange for him.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 06-10-2015

He was going to take that to mean that he would not be eating quiche alone. He'd never seen this much excitement over the prospect of him putting a shirt on. Then again, Onion got excited about most things. "What I'm hearing is I should put on a t-shirt," he said dryly. The deadpan expression disappeared when she kissed his chin, a faint smile instead.

He shouldn't have, but a spare hand nonetheless found it's way to the counter to drop a piece of fake bacon for Onion, who descended on it immediately and happily.

"Then coffee and breakfast it is," he said, lacing his fingers with hers. Then he turned to squint at the oven. "In a minute. Several minutes." He turned back to her, leaning down to kiss her, the two hands not holding hers framing her face.

What a wonderful way to start the day.

"Give me a moment," he said, separating his limbs from hers. "I'm going to go get a shirt on." He left her to get comfortable wherever suited her, returning to his bedroom and leaving the door open so he could hear. He found a plain white shirt, tucked it in but didn't button it all the way to his throat. The sleeves wouldn't do if he was cooking, would they? He rolled them up to his elbows, then frowned. A belt was fine if he was staying home, but if he did any amount of walking at all that wouldn't be enough. He found a set of suspenders and put them on just to be safe, with a sneaking suspicion that he looked like a jackass.

Ix wouldn't normally care, but Nova was… fashionable. On top of being naturally attractive. Ix considered himself neither. He wore things that were basically the same every day, black and white and rare forays into gray or blue. Things like suspenders and spindly arms were less an issue in a suit jacket, but he wasn't about to wear one around the house. Even he wasn't that uptight.

He emerged from his room in time for the door to chime. "I'll get it," he said automatically, long legs carrying him to it in barely any time. He opened the door enough to take the tray of coffee from the delivery drone, then returned to set it on the kitchen island. "I know you don't like sweet, so I just got… coffee. I let them pick. Hopefully it's okay?" He, meanwhile, took his caramel latté with extra whipped cream to take a sip.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 06-17-2015

Nova stopped bouncing, and huffed audibly as he joked. She presented Ixaaliot with her best impression of a pout, brows furrowed and bottom lip jutted forward. "I don't think that's what I said," she complains. After kissing his chin she looked down to Onion. "Right, Onion?" The puppy barked in response, because at the very least he knew his own name. Nova made a pleased noise in her throat, tentacles flaring, as if the dog had verbally agreed with her.

"You're going to spoil the dog," she reminds him, watching Onion snuffle around for more bacon. She was all giggles and curling tentacles about it, too, because insofar he'd been the one presenting the dog with treats instead of her. She was still smiling when he took her hands, and when he kissed her.

This was nice. She liked this. This was something she was certainly okay with getting used to.

She nuzzled his hand before he pulled away, and tried not to look as disappointed as she felt, because the arrangement was likely temporary.
"I'll be here," she sang as he left. Skipping into the living room, Onion hot on her heels, she pulled her phone from her bag and perched on the couch.

Camdis apparently had a lot to say about her farewell last night. She scrolled through his complaints and idle threats about coming to get her. She deleted most of the correspondence, even though she knew she'd would have to get back to him eventually. Let him simmer for too long and he very likely would come after her.

Nova was finally looking over the information the AI had gathered about her wisteria when Ixaaliot reappeared.

"You look handsome," she compliments from the couch, just before the doorbells rang. She sounded equally pleased and genuine. She hopped up from the couch to join him in the kitchen again. "Just coffee is perfect, " reassurance was voiced as she plucked the other cup from the counter. She lifted the lid to smell it first and smaller tendrils flared and curled. "Ooh, it smells good!" She brought the cup towards her mouth. "What kind of abominable thing did you get?" She asked, jokingly before taking a sip.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 07-15-2015

Ix tried not to look too pleased with himself when Nova complimented his appearance, and failed. "You look better," he said anyway. "I like the flowers. They're pretty." That sounded unbearably inane. "Like you." No, that was worse. This was unsalvageable. Then again, if she'd wanted to date someone articulate and suave, she wouldn't have been there.

He was pleased by her apparent excitement over the coffee. They were supposed to have very good coffee, even when it wasn't full of flavored sugar syrups. "I got something delicious," he said, attempting not to rise to the bait. "And strong," he added, failing. "A strong, tough-guy drink. With extra whipped cream." He sipped at it again, hiding his expression behind the cup.

His eyes widened, and suddenly he set the cup back down, stepping over Onion to hastily circle the kitchen island. "Shit," he said, grabbing oven mitts from a drawer, "shit shit shit shit shit." He had forgotten about the quiche. How long had the quiche been in the oven? He couldn't remember when he'd put the quiche in the oven. "Shit." He opened the door to the oven, and sighed in relief as he turned it off and retrieved their unburnt meal. "Not shit," he amended, just to clarify the situation.

"So," he said, removing the oven mitts to return to her side. "We have coffee." He set his hands on his hips to kiss her right shoulder. "We have breakfast." He kissed her left shoulder to even it out. "We have a very fat, somewhat suspicious animal that we have been told is a dog." Onion, recognizing the word 'dog', gave an excited honk of a bark, tail wagging. "We have us," he said, pressing a brief kiss to her mouth. "The colony is our bivalve mollusk." If he was aware that this was not the proper idiom, his pokerface did not betray him.

"What do you want to do next?"