alonimi
Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Wisteria and Violets [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-08-2014

⚖» If I'd just explained in the first place why I didn't want to get in the water it wouldn't have happened.
⚖» But, yes, you should be sorry.
⚖» Very sorry.
⚖» How dare you be unbelievably gorgeous and take your clothes off where I can watch.
⚖» Absolutely the worst thing I can imagine happening on a date.

Ix wasn't aware that he was grinning, because he had a noted tendency to be more expressive when his face wasn't actually being looked at. He glanced toward the beach, where she was still looking very pretty. But cuter, now, with a patchy-haired dog all snuggled up in the sand and tentacles looking pleased. Or he thought they looked pleased. He couldn't always tell, yet.

⚖» I know when I hear about a woman showing her very attractive lingerie to her boyfriend, my first thought is, "wow, what an asshole"
⚖» Or
⚖» friend
⚖» date friend
⚖» person with whom she has a relationship that is not yet established as committed or monogamous and he completely understands if that is not something she is comfortable doing
⚖» I'm embarrassing myself on purpose to help get rid of this problem, that's what's happening right now.
⚖» If embarrassment were fatal to Siladen I would not have lived past infancy.
⚖» This very deliberate plan of mine is very effective so I will be out in a minute, unless you do something significantly sexier than your baseline sexiness before then.

He was still an idiot. But at least now he didn't think he was the kind of idiot that hurt his date's feelings and made her eyes go all dim. So. There was that.[/align]

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-08-2014

P» Frankly, I would have preferred to be taking my clothes off in a different context.

Even in text messages she couldn't resist teasing him.
Her laughter rang out as she read the next series of messages. He still managed to be adorable and stumbling in a text message.

?»That was really lawyer-y of you. 
?»I will endeavor to sit here and do my best to not be excessively sexy.
?»It'll be pretty hard, because I'm so hot, but I'll try.
?»P.S. You can totally be my boyfriend if you would like.
?»Are post scripts applicable in text messages?
?»Whatever. They are now. We can talk about when you're over here.
?»No pressure. 

Whoops, now she was the one being embarrassing. She pushed her glasses up her nose, just to have something to do, while truly trying no to do anything overly attractive. Even if she didn't quite know what the limitations were. 

much easier, but easier.

Ix didn't have a change of clothes, so he just sat down beside her in pants that were soaked and clinging to his legs, immediately ensuring that he'd be finding sand in uncomfortable places for at least a week. Once again, he found himself unnecessarily clearing his throat.

"So. I apologize again for my… self. But I would be very happy to be officially monogamous. With an excessively sexy girlfriend." It sounded rather ridiculous when he said it out loud. With a sigh, he decided to lay back in the sand; with the artificial sunlight set to an ideal of sunny warmth, he didn't think it would take too long to look basically presentable again. Bird-like feet were buried in the sand and hidden while he was at it.

"Was it a good date?" he asked, watching clouds hover near the edge of the colony enclosure. "Until that last bit, I mean."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-08-2014

not smiling.

"You don't have to apologize," she reassures, reaching out to draw her knuckles across his jaw. Her hand lingered, her thumb tracing one of the scars across his cheek. "Especially, not for being yourself. I quite like yourself." She had dropped to a bit of a murmur, fingers shifting towards his frilled ear. Her smile had gone all dreamy, like she was admiring him.

Her gaze snapped up to his, words shifting her out her strange trance. "Then we are officially monogamous." She lilts, clearly pleased. She joined him in the sand, laying back with a flourish. Her hand sought out one of his, fingers intertwining. She kept her knees bent, Onion slumbering beneath them. "It's still a good date."

"And for future reference," he murmured, low words vibrating against her skin, "getting me in the water with you would only really take privacy. But your ass doesn't hurt."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-14-2014

Eyes fell closed and she listened to the way his voice resonated in his chest, all too aware of it reverberating across her skin. "I will keep that in mind," she returns, her own voice just loud enough to be heard. She did, however, remember their earlier conversation about being romantic and not rushing into anything. "My ass, huh? I would have guessed that you were the legs type."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-14-2014

He wouldn't read into that hesitation.

He wouldn't.

He refused.

He was already reading into it, and it made him want to tighten his arms around her and say exactly what she hadn't said. The part of him that thought he was moving too quickly sounded suspiciously small and green. "I love spending time with you, too," he said quietly, though the attempt to modulate his volume turned his voice into a thrumming drone.

"Legs are good," he agreed. "I like your legs. Arguably your ass is a part of your legs, so they aren't mutually exclusive. I don't know that I'm the legs type. We don't really show our legs, so. Technically you just accused me of having a weird fetish." Ix was teasing her just for the sake of it now, deadpan as always, slowly running his hand up and down her spine. "And I like other things, too. You have nice hips. And eyes. And scales." He caught a wandering tentacle to bring it to his mouth and kiss it, the way he might have kissed the back of her hand. "Also, traits that are not shallow."

It was really starting to seem like he was doing everything in his power to convince her he was a pervert.

"You're clever and funny and sweet. I like those things as much as legs. I'm… the Nova type. I like all the things that make you."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-20-2014

completely exclusive," Nova countered. She furrowed her brow, but a smirk tugged at the corner of her mouth. Lips parted as if she had planned on elaborating on that statement, but they pressed closed again, without a word. Smaller tendrils curled, lazily, along her jaw and her eyes flicked upwards in thought. "In all fairness, you could have a weird fetish," she mumbles, sights dropping down to him again. She gasped suddenly. "What if you do? Something almost as scandalous as bare legs?" She could hardly contain amused chuckles as the words progressed. The tentacle he held, nudged against his palm and weaved through his fingers.

Onion twitched in the sand, his front paws climbed through the air as if he was so enamored with the beach, that he now swam in his sleep. 

"I like all the things that make you, too," her smirk softened and she ceased leaning on her hand long enough to trace the scar along his brow. "Surly scowling, lectures,  and all." 

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-28-2014

completely exclusive," he argued, "your ass would need to be somehow floating above your legs. Which – having done extensive research – it is not." Extensively researching her ass. Yes. Great. That was what women liked to hear. "It's one thing when you're standing up, then there's that curve," he said, and for some reason he emphasized his point with a hand tracing the outline of her figure in the air, "but then when you bend over – why am I talking, why are you still letting me talk. Don't let me present a fucking doctoral thesis on your ass when I'm trying to be romantic."

He used two hands to toy idly with the tentacle winding through his fingers, tips tracing the edges of scales and following the way it moved.

"You caught me," he said. "You are on a date with a pervert. I have a fetish for seeing your bare skin. And scales. And also feeling. That is probably more scandalous than seeing. At least I haven't gotten stuck to you this time, that's sort of an improvement over our last date." Honestly, the fact that she tolerated his awkward fumbling at all was miraculous. It really seemed like she should have been able to do better. So, so much better.

He leaned into her touch even as it made him shiver. "Surly?" he repeated, indignant, though he did not stop touching her or being touched. "You are being deliberately unflattering. Surly. Of all the words. Scowling and lectures, fine. I can accept that. But there has never been, in the history of the universe, an attractive person described as surly."[/align]

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 01-09-2015

"This is all very scandalous, then," she deadpanned, gesturing at all the touching they were doing and her current over-abundance of bare skin. She watched his hands play over the tendril and swallowed hard. She was trying and failing to ignore how it affected her. To act as if small shivers didn't course down her spine with each brush of her scales. She made a thoughtful noise as fingertips slid from his brow to return to his cheek. "On that note, why did you get stuck to me that time? It's not happened again, so I'm wondering why it happens."

How they had developed this habit she had no clue. This tendency to idly touch one another. Hands across her tentacles, knuckles across his jaw; caresses so gentle and accurately placed as if they had known one another for years, and not mere days.

She had almost missed his reaction, she was so wrapped up in thoughts about how touching him was so easy that she almost hadn't noticed her reward for doing so. She had little time to revel in it, because he complaining about her choice of words. She laughed again, even though he seemed genuinely affronted. "I guess we're making history then, because I honestly don't have another word for it," she batted her lashes and shrugged her shoulders the best she could in her position. "But if it is really so bad, we will just stick to scowling lecturer." She moved closer for a better angle of which to hover her mouth above his. "I will also reiterate that I find you very attractive. If it will help," she murmurs, before closing the small distance she had left to kiss him.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 01-14-2015

"I did not write an assertation," he sighed, "nor was a… buttfender. Or whatever you're accusing me of." He gave her an exaggerated scowl. "I am a very serious man. Look at how serious I am." Nothing said serious like damp pants on the beach and arguing about her anatomy. "I make rare, Nova-based exceptions to my usual serious and respectable behavior."

Did he always turn into an enormous doofus this quickly? He liked to think that he didn't. The only person who would know objectively was Kreska, and he was hardly going to ask her.

"The, ah… hm." He held one of his hands closer to both of their faces so that she could better see his fingertips. "It isn't really something I think about," he said. "When I touch things, I sort of…" He stroked his thumb along one of his fingers, so that it touched from the tip inward, the appropriate direction to keep his lamellae from getting caught. "The other way and they stick, unless they're. Wet." He cleared his throat. "It's worse if I'm nervous. It's less problematic than it seems."

He really needed to get Kreska the hell out of his apartment. And then he needed to get Nova into his apartment.

Not that cuddling on the beach wasn't nice. Despite a distinctly not-cuddly appearance, despite being made almost entirely out of knees and elbows and hard angles that weren't necessarily pleasant in that regard, he did like cuddling. But the thought that she found him even half as attractive as he found her was… distracting. In its potential.

"Hmm. 'Curmudgeon' makes me sound old. 'Cranky' has the same problem. There is no way to salvage my ego." Siladen didn't have eyelashes, but it still was a very cute gesture. If he'd tried to do something similar he probably would have somehow hurt himself. Too many eyelids for it. "But I suppose that does help," he murmured, because there was very little that could not be improved by her kissing him. The fact that he hadn't actually been slighted didn't hurt, but he thought he would probably forgive her even if he had.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 02-04-2015

"Problematic," she repeats, turning her attention to the fingers he held between their faces. "You keep mentioning that, but I'm curious. Not concerned." She resisted the urge to lift a finger and get stuck on purpose. It would prove her carefree outlook, but seem childish all the same.

When Nova pulled back from the kiss she was grinning, but also attempting to smother it by biting her lip. "Salvaging egos is a specialty of mine."

She rolled away from him and sat up properly, raising her arms above her head in a stretch. The movement caused Onion to wake with a start. He shimmied and twisted his body against the sand in an attempt to roll himself over, but he was either too long or too round to do so without a bit of effort. Eventually he flopped over with shake of his head. Onion jumped up and did his best to sneak into the small space between their bodies, all happy yips and tail wags.

"So, what should we do next?" She looked out over the water as she stroked Onion idly with one hand.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 02-08-2015

"I'm not sure those were even puns," Ix said. "They were worse than puns. Lower than the low." Fitting, then, for him; but it was too happy a moment for him to get caught up in his own self-loathing. Hard to think of anything but a beautiful woman with a beautiful smile, tentacles winding through his fingers and around his wrists. He was about as close to happy as he usually got.

"I. Well." He hmmed noncommittally. "It would be a very valid concern to worry that I might. Stick to you. At an inconvenient moment. With my fingers. Somewhere you do not want them stuck." Being vague somehow sounded filthier than simply stating the problem outright. He made a disgruntled noise. "Curiosity is good. At some point we will have to. Be curious. Together." That had sounded much more subtle and seductive in his head.

It was possible to learn about the anatomy and culture of any species with a simple net search, but Ix usually didn't. Those were things he thought better to learn from the people involved. There was a significant difference between here is slot a, here is tab b and there, yes, right there, like that. The latter was far more informative, and involved less presumption.

"Mine may be unsalvageable," he warned, though he did not specify if he considered it too big or too small. "But if you would like to tell me how dashing and brilliant I am, I will. Well. I will probably argue with you at length about it, actually. But. I will appreciate it, nonetheless." He used her stretching out as an opportunity to slide his hand along her back, up her spine with her shirt between their skin. Almost platonic affection, a large and gentle circle halfway to a hug.

"We could always – hm." He frowned as a high priority message pinged across his glasses, the rare notification he could not ignore. His frown deepened as he read the message in question. "I have to… do a favor. For a friend." He sounded, somehow, even less enthused than he was. And he was not enthused. "You can wait here while I take care of it. It isn't exactly. An ideal date event. As these things go." He was already summoning a car to pick him up, though he could not yet bring himself to stand and move away from her.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 02-10-2015

"What if there is no room for argument?" she counters with light laughter, eyes on his once more. "You are both dashing and brilliant. So," she trailed off with a shrug. Even without the touch of skin, his hand across her back caused tingles to rise along the length of thicker scales that outlined her spine, and she leaned into the gesture a bit.

Nova pulled her tentacles away from him, mostly out of consideration that they may make it harder for him to leave. Pulling Onion into her lap, she cocked her head and looked down at him, as tendrils curled around her shoulders. It must have been one of those previously mentioned obligations, that they had talked about. The ones that might seem a bit shady. She crossed her legs and settled Onion into the space belly-up so he wasn't too wiggly.

While she wasn't entirely comfortable with waiting on a beach in a quadrant she wasn't very familiar with, she didn't want to seem bratty or clinging, so she nodded her head quickly. "Oh, yeah. Sure. No problem at all. Onion and I will… walk the beach or something."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 02-11-2015

Shit.

He hadn't meant for his displeasure to be infectious. He'd wanted to leave her here to enjoy herself while he dealt with… things. And then he would come back when he was done and she would be here and happy and cheer him up.

Which, when he thought it out, wasn't very fair to her. She was a person, not a goldfish. She didn't exist to sit around looking pretty when he wanted something pretty to look at. He'd brought her to an unfamiliar place and now he was suggesting leaving her here along without knowing what to do or having anything available to her.

He was a dick.

"No, I won't – do you want me to call you a car to take you home? Or. Maybe not back to my apartment. But. Somewhere you'd be more comfortable? I don't. Want to abandon you. Not that I'm. I know that's melodramatic." He rubbed at the back of his neck, and still did not stand up. "I just. Didn't want this to ruin your day. Both of our days. But it seems like that might be happening. And I can't keep you with me because that's. Weird. And. Problems. Even if I wish you could. Be. With me."

Another high-priority notification pinged him, apparently irritated that he had not predicted the emergency and started heading to it pre-emptively. It was not something that would wait much longer. "I'm sorry," he said, and on impulse he took her face in two hands and kissed her, fast and fierce. "Call a car if you want and charge it to my account, do – do whatever makes you happy." He stood, trying to brush sand off of himself. There would be no time to change into something more professional or authoritative.

This was all less than ideal.

"This hopefully won't take very long," he said, walking backwards as he stepped away from her, "but if you don't want to wait that's. Okay. I won't mind." This was a lie, because he would be very depressed. It didn't seem fair to make her feel responsible for that, however.

As tempting as it was to tell Grilka to fuck off so he could snuggle, that would cause more problems than it solved in the long run.