alonimi
Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Wisteria and Violets [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=506)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 11-25-2014

Her expression what that of someone trying to contain an ecstatic squeal. She was all smiles and waving tentacles. "I want to see everything," she confirms, tentacles flaring, as she leaned down to untie Onion as he cleaned up. Slipping the loop over her wrist, she rounded the table to stand nearer to Ixaaliot, and the canine yipped happily to be on the move again.

She'd grown quite attached to the flickering of a smile when he accidentally said something that could be taken suggestively. "I'm sure we'll stay home for quite a few reasons," she returns, in her own redolent way, pulling a few tentacles over her shoulder. She looked as innocent as ever.

"I am not used to any beaches," she informs in the same excited tone that she used with most anything, falling in line next to him as they strolled down the sidewalk. She swung the arm that held Onion's leash in wide arches, like a giddy child that was being taken to a candy store. "Droan is built up of archipelagos, but it's all ice. Just... massive glaciers and frozen cliffs." Eyes rolled upwards in thought, and her hand stopped swinging to tap an index finger to her bottom lip. "Droan is the largest agglomeration of citizens on Kriion," she continues, by way of explanation. "It is also where I am from."

Onion trailed in aimless circles in and around her feet as they had passed something particularly interesting. She side-stepped his winding leash easily as they walked. "I'm so excited!" she exclaims, throwing both hands in the air as if it were the only way to properly convey this notion.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 11-26-2014

"The lands of Maroc are archipelagos, as well," he said, "but it's hot there. In a way, it's mostly beaches." Swamps, more like, but he wouldn't tell her that. He had yet to find a people who held swamps in high regard, and that included his own. "There are… not many Siladen, comparatively speaking. Not much land."

There was no reason to feel self-conscious about it. But he did, just the same. He tended not to talk about his homeworld, about his people; preferred to let people imagine that his were much the same as theirs, in all the ways that mattered. That they were what one might expect them to be, extrapolating from himself. It wasn't as if a person couldn't look up all the information they could ever want. Still, it was a source of anxiety for him, one hard-earned.

"Your excitement is terrifying," he said dryly. "I don't think there's anything in this universe that could live up to excitement like that." They turned a corner, and he gestured with his two right hands. "But: here. The beach."

There was actually a view of it from his living room window, but most people assumed that was a viewscreen. Tons upon tons of filtered and temperature-controlled freshwater, a delicately balanced eco-system more akin to an oversized fishtank than an actual sea. White sand, tiny marbles of washed and polished glass, formed idyllic dunes with shells placed by an algorithm; there was the occasional pier, but no one ever really bothered to pay for a boating license, and so they were mostly used by youths to jump off of when school was on vacation. Stone paths rendered the beach somewhat walkable, and a decorative lighthouse sat at the top of a carefully designed cliff. That was not intended to be used for jumping, but everyone did it anyway, and closer to the water the artificial cliffs were riddled with caves intended to entertain children in want of adventure.

In his opinion, it all would have seen a great deal more use in the Eastern Quadrant. Western had a significant lack of appreciation for public works, when they could pay for private holo-rooms and droids to entertain themselves. Not that he had much room to talk, when he wasn't exactly enjoying it on a regular basis. It was early enough in the day that they had it almost to themselves, only a few other couples in the water or sprawled out in the sand.

There was a good view of the outer walls of the colony from here, though the day lighting made it difficult to see outside it. Still, squinting made it easier to see the tell-tale striping of Osiris, the occasional ship flying outside. "As good as tacos?"

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 11-28-2014

"There are plenty of things," she counters, in reference to her excitement. She begins ticking off points on her fingers as she continues talking. "Spending time with you, finding out someone bought you a puppy...tacos. I get to add tacos to the list now." She trailed off with a laugh, that she smothered shortly after by pressing her lips together. She couldn't stop them from curling into her usual half-smile, though.

She turned her sights on the beach as he gestured. She didn't say anything right away, but her tentacles flared around her shoulders. The beach was apparently just added to things that warranted her overly-emphatic excitement. She looked up at him and grinned, before looking across the sands again. "Just as good as tacos," she agrees, softly,  taking a step forward. She stopped, looking down at her shoes. She made a thoughtful, almost indignant noise. She eyed the pathway until Onion started whining impatient sounding tones. Smiling down at the canine, she slipped out of her shoes and took off across the sand, apparently careless about what happened to the heels.

Onion did not so much lead, as he did trip and stumble across the sand. Nova didn't resist laughing at the graceless display as the two of them moved closer to the water. "Are you a water dog or something?" she questions jokingly, to no one in particular, since it isn't like the dog could actually understand her. She tilted her head back to glance behind her to see if Ixaaliot had followed them.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 11-29-2014

Ix blinked in surprise as she removed her shoes, seeming possibly more impatient than Onion. Though not by much, if she was. That dog was extremely eager to go making a mess of himself in the sand.

He didn't go running after them, because running wasn't really something he did. Not in public, anyway, not unless he thought there was some kind of emergency. His legs were long, and trailing behind her meant getting to watch the way her skirt moved around her thighs.

If he were the sort of person who went around ogling women's thighs on public beaches. Thinking about what she'd look like in a bikini. Out of a bikini. In the water.

… she really was getting entirely too close to the water.

"I would recommend sticking to the path," he suggested, in as noncommittal a way as he was capable. "I have never actually been in the presence of a wet dog, but I have heard enough to know that I would rather not. And I don't think either of us are dressed for a swim."

It hadn't even occurred to him that it might be a problem, a beautiful woman and a body of water. But that was before she'd gone and shown a careless disregard for her footwear that suggested she might be the sort of person enthusiastic about an impromptu dip. He was trying, really trying, not to think about what she'd look like wet and naked. He really wanted her to get in the water, and as a result he also really did not.

If his face reflected any of his thought process, it did so by looking even more blank than was usual. Not that most people would have noticed. He looked down along the very safe and dry path rather than keep looking at Nova, rather than looking out at the lake, rather than looking at any of the beautiful things that were giving him not-so-beautiful thoughts.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 11-30-2014

Nova was beyond using the path by this point, having decided that cutting across the sand was the quickest way to the water. She had also decided that she was not going to be steered away from the water. When Ixaaliot spoke up, she turned to face him, but didn't stop moving; walking backwards and ever closer to the water. Onion still tugging her along with enthusiastic snuffling, his leash fully extended. "There's no fun in that," she explains, sparing a glance to the path, but not at all moving towards it. In all actuality, which part of his plan wasn't 'fun,' was drastically unclear.

She did not at all remark on the wet dog comment, because there was no getting around that one at all.

She drew closer to the water as he continued to grow more concerned that she would get closer to the water.

Onion reached the lake first, rendering all Ix's efforts worthless. The dog trotted into the water, before darting out again with a surprised howl. He backed up towards Nova, before moving forward again and reaching out one paw to smack at the wet sand like he was inspecting it. 

Nova giggled, tentacles flaring as she watched the ridiculous animal for a few minutes. When she walked into the water to show him everything was fine, Onion flopped in after her. Perhaps, he would find a bit of grace if he grew into those paws. She only went out until the water reached her ankles, which meant Onion was submerged to his chest. The sand was soft, the water kept at a pleasant temperature. Tentacles curled against her jaw as she cast her attentions over Ix, and Onion, and out across the water. "This is so cool."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 11-30-2014

Nena ala.

It wasn't as if he hadn't brought someone to the beach before. But they hadn't had a dog. That had been further along in the relationship, anyway, and they had been perfectly willing to stay out of the water to preserve their outfits.

This was an unanticipated eventuality.

At Onion's first yelp, some strange instinct had him activate the camera built into his glasses. He crouched, and watched with narrowed eyes as Onion performed his thorough water inspection, still dressed in a t-shirt that proclaimed his love of xeno-punk.

This was the cutest fucking thing he had ever seen.

As automatically as he'd recorded it, he sent the video to Kreska, as if not doing so was something that had not even occurred to him. Then he looked up to Nova – which, crouched, was something of an interesting angle. He stood back up so quickly he nearly went airborne, made a sound like clearing his throat even though that wasn't how his throat worked. "I'm glad you like it," he said, though he stayed a safe distance from where the waves lapped at the shore. "I'm going to stay… dry. My suit…"

He wasn't wearing a suit.

"I'm wearing pants," he rectified. "And shoes. That are not waterproof." Yes. This was a very plausible reason. No one would ever want to ruin such… frankly hideous articles of clothing. "I am also not fun," he reminded her, two hands shoved in his pockets and two clasped behind his back.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-01-2014

Nova watched him crouch, not really aware of what he was doing, but she observed nonetheless. Her eyes followed him as he stood straight suddenly, before her attention was back on Onion. She pulled tentacles over her shoulder; they draped and curled over her chest.

Onion wasn't so much swimming as he was hopping from his hind legs to his front, like some sort of short goat. Nova found this hilarious and would stir the water around him with her foot to watch him scuttle away. He would always stumble right back as if to conquer the disturbance, until it was a back and forth game.   

She smirked when Ix went to use his suit as an excuse; there was something knowing about the expression. As if she could tell he was looking for any and all reasons to stay on the shore. She looked down to her own bare feet. "You could roll them up," she quips as a suggestion. She shrugged lightly and walked out a bit further into the water. The level now rose to her calves, but when a wave rolled by it crested over her knees.

"What was that?" she acted as if she didn't hear his comment about not being fun. Impressively, Onion was now swimming in circles around her, though it was kind of awkward with the addition of Kreska's shirt. "I've gotten a bit far out," there was a teasing lilt to her tone. She leaned forward, dropping a hand into the water to pull something out of the sand. An imitation of a cowrie shell was in her grasp when she straightened. It appeared as if it was going to be quite difficult to get the two of them out of the water, right away.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-03-2014

There was absolutely no way for this situation to end other than awkwardly. And watching her play with Onion was just about the cutest goddamn thing he'd ever seen, cute enough that he took a few pictures to keep for himself. And for her, if she wanted them. Then again, there was just about no way to tell her that he'd been taking pictures of her without coming off as creepy.

"I'm allergic," he deadpanned, and he'd have to hope she'd pretend not to have heard that, either. It didn't matter whether he'd meant he was allergic to fun or allergic to water; both were abominably stupid.

If he was too resistant to the very idea, she'd probably start getting suspicious. It was with cautious resignation that he knelt down to unlace his shoes; it wouldn't hurt as long as he didn't go too far. Right? Right. As long as it stayed below his knees he was fine. And his knees were relatively high.

He was really worrying too much.

He was definitely and absolutely, despite her suggestion, not going to roll up the legs of his pants. Not that he was going to explain that to her, not when it meant explaining the whys and the wherefores and the cultural things that didn't quite translate. Aside from the various personal implications, it would probably put his particular affection for when she wore short skirts in a bad light. Bad enough he was creepy, she didn't need to know just how creepy he was.

His toes curled in the sand, and he almost made a face. His feet did not look terribly different from his hands, and on the fine sand he felt unsteady.

"Be careful with that leash," he warned as he stepped only barely into the water, all arms crossed over his chest. Onion seemed determined to wrap it around her legs, which didn't seem terribly safe, all things considered.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-03-2014

She presented him with an expression that was a playful mixture of disbelieving, and amused. She was tossing the cowrie, gently, back and forth between her hands. She'd not yet decided if his resistance was entertaining or questionable. "You probably are allergic to fun," she agrees, tentacles curling into a bob as she smirked. Despite the fun they'd been having so far. Or so she had thought. She would have been very disappointed to find out she and Onion had been the only ones enjoying themselves.

(But she would have been very flattered knowing he'd been taking pictures).

When she saw that he'd resigned to sort of get in the water, even though he looked very unhappy with it, she was tempted to move even farther out into the lake. As if the distance had actually had something to do with his reluctantly joining her. She still had a ways to go before the water reached the line of her short skirt...

Be careful with that leash would have been words to live by, had they come moments sooner.

She stepped in one direction, and Onion swam in another, which was all it took for the leash that was wrapped around her ankles to send her toppling like she'd been caught on a trip wire. It was with a surprised yelp that she landed on her rear with a splash. Initially she looked quite shocked; now soaking wet and waist deep in water.

Onion seemed to wiggle more than he swam, as he made his way over to her. He seemed to think it was all a game, and that he'd had no part in the accident. He placed his front paws on her knees, as they stuck out above the water level, like they were a perch for him to rest. He was panting, with his tongue hanging out of the side of his mouth, in his usual fashion.

Nova started laughing, when she recovered from the initial shock of the incident. She adjusted her glasses with one hand, and leaned back on the other, which still had the shell curled in its fingers. Water glimmered across her scales, making the iridescence of them a bit more noticeable, and her tentacles curled over the surface tension of the lake, like the body of a water moccasin. Fabric that wasn't submerged was soaked and clinging, blue skin visible behind white polka dots. "That wasn't the plan at all," she joked, her other hand sinking below the water when it dropped from her glasses. "I guess that's what I get for being sassy."

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-03-2014

"Nova!"

He was at her side before he'd even had a chance the think about it, the instant he'd seen her beginning to fall. She was completely fine, of course; sand was soft, and there wasn't enough water for it to be any danger to her. But that didn't stop him from nearly having a heart attack.

"… as long as you're… okay…" he said when she was done laughing, although his voice didn't seem to be quite working properly.

She was gorgeous. Wet, and gorgeous. With a puppy in her lap. On a public beach.

He was a horrible person on multiple levels.

Ix looked much less picturesque than she did, legs soaked up to his knees, bent over her with all four hands hovering anxiously. If he got any further in the water, he was going to be in trouble. Hell, if she splashed him he was going to be in trouble. If it weren't for anatomical limitations he'd already be in trouble, because his glasses had slid to the end of his nose. She shimmered, she glowed, he wanted to join her in the water more badly than he could recall wanting anything. He wanted her.

He closed his eyes, but the sight of her was seared into his brain. He could have a very vivid imagination, when he didn't want to. "Do you want me to help get you back to the beach?"

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-05-2014

Nova smiled up at him. There was a bit of embarrassment behind the expression, but she attempted to cover it up by bringing her hand out the water again and waving it dismissively. "Va'in ylpeyteni," she mumbles in Calrathii, tendrils rose from the surface of the water to twist over her shoulders.  "Just a bruised ego," she reiterates in Standard, redirecting her attention to the puppy in her lap.  

She tried to frown at the mutt, unaware of the sort of crisis Ixaaliot was having as he hovered over her. But, all in all, the dog was too cute and it had certainly taken both of them for her to end up in her current position. "Alright, I forgive you," she sighs, as if the two of them had just been having a very apologetic conversation. 

She turned those icy blue obs on to Ix again; they appeared white against the overall blackness of the rest of her eyes. The corner of her mouth curled, and she smoothed a tentacle behind her ear. He looked so concerned, it was rather endearing. With no idea that the action was one of the things he was so worried about, she splashed water at him with a swipe of her arm, almost defiantly. "So, in the future all I have to do to get you in the water is make an ass out of myself?" 

She reached into the water to untangle the leash from her feet, she would very much like to avoid a repeat of the incident, but with the way Onion bobbed and weaved with no regard for his tether, it was rather difficult.  "Yeah, that'd be fine," she held her hand palm up above her head, so he could assist her.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-05-2014

The instant she began to playfully splash him, everything seemed to move slower. He wasn't fast enough to avoid it, though that didn't stop him from trying, recoiling with far more wide-eyed alarm than a bit of water justified.

He was wet. Absolutely, undeniably. For anyone else, that might have only been cosmetically embarrassing. But it had hit him in the worst possible spot, and he could already feel his body doing exactly what he hadn't wanted, driven by desire and the necessary environmental factors. There was absolutely no way he'd be able to hide it, it would be obvious in just a few seconds.

So he sat down.

In the water.

An anxious sound resembling laughter, though she'd have no idea what exactly the implications of 'getting her in the water' would be. "Sorry," he said, strained and ragged. He brought up his knees nearer to his chest to hide the arousal now taking over his lap, and he wrapped his arms around his legs for the same reason. "I. Changed my mind. I'm just going to. Stay here. Now. For a while. You should probably stay. Over there. Or maybe go back to the beach. Somewhere at least a meter away from me."

Thick and frond-like tendrils were wrapping around his legs, trying to get past his waistband, and he felt like an adolescent unable to control himself. This… was mortifying.
[/align]

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-08-2014

Nova's tentacles flared above the water as he sat down as a testament to her confusion. He'd been so adamantly against the prospect before, but now here he was, submerged with her. She cocked her head, watching the way he closed in on himself. She wasn't quite sure if he was laughing, but either way she found the sound a bit unsettling.

The whole situation was a bit unsettling.

"So, you're going to stay, now?" The sentence trailed slowly as she spoke it, her best attempt at reiteration for the slightest hint of understanding. "But you want me to go?"

Onion was practically falling asleep, half floating, half propped up on her knees. Nova couldn't help, but to feel like she had done something wrong. Though, what that would have been she couldn't fathom. "Uhm. Yeah, okay," she resigned to simply do as he suggested, but she didn't bother masking her tone: equal parts indignant and hurt. "I have dry clothes in my bag, anyway."

She double checked that the leash wasn't around her feet, and wrapped the length around her wrist. Tucking Onion under her arm, she stood. Her skirt clung to her thighs, and water trailed in staggered rivulets across her scales. Water swirled around her calves as she walked back towards the shore, an exhausted Onion in tow.  She willed her tentacles to sway around her hips, rather than curl tightly against the back of her neck as they were wont to do. 

Once on the beach, she dropped the pup to the ground and pulled the wet shirt off of him. He flopped into the sand, all his limbs sticking straight out as he panted and bird watched. Nova's own shirt was removed in a similar fashion. As a stripper she had a skewed sense of modestly, and it wasn't like what she wore underneath was any more revealing than a bikini. Doing so, displayed the filigree pattern of scales across her abdomen, and upwards towards her breasts, and the four apertures situated on her hips. She shimmied out of her skirt, still completely unperturbed by her actions.  Nova knelt in the sand and retrieved a gray tank top and black shorts from her bag. When she was dressed once more, she sat down into the sand, and waited for Ixaaliot to join her.

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - Tindome - 12-08-2014

He'd fucked up.

He'd fucked up big time.

He was the biggest fuckup on a colony of fuckups in the fuckup sector of dipshit galaxy.

"I don't – it's not–"

But she was already leaving, and his ability to speak was seriously hampered by every move she made. She wasn't deliberately trying to taunt him by being gorgeous, but fuck, did it feel like it. It made it very difficult not to think about her legs around his waist.

Watching her strip did not help. It the opposite of helped. The logical solution was not to watch, but somehow that did not feel like an option. Staring. Staring was an option. While having serious disagreements with his anatomy on how his pants were supposed to fit. Pulling her back into the water was also not an option, but his anatomy disagreed strongly on that point, as well.

Trying to think about unattractive things wasn't a very effective coping mechanism when there was such an attractive person right there. An attractive person who was confused and upset, because he was behaving like a child. He wanted to explain, but the distance between them would have meant yelling an explanation across the beach. And with his voice… it probably would have carried all the way back to his apartment.

He slid his glasses back up his nose, opened up a message window and stared at it anxiously.

This was a dumb solution. But he was at a loss about what to do with himself. Hopefully she hadn't put her phone on silent.

⚖» Sorry.
⚖» It's not you.
⚖» I'm an idiot.
⚖» I should have just explained.
⚖» Water has certain specific functions for my biology and I am having physical difficulties that I would rather not be having on a public beach.
⚖» Wow, that was obnoxiously obtuse, what the fuck is wrong with me
⚖» Okay, you know what
⚖» I'm just going to say it, we are adults and this is stupid
⚖» I have an erection.
⚖» A very visible erection.
⚖» This isn't usually a problem because I don't usually get covered in water on dates but here we are.
⚖» So I'm just going to sit here and try to think about, I don't know, obscure legal statutes or something while I wait for this to go away or for the sweet release of death, whichever comes first.
[/align]

Wisteria and Violets [Closed] - megs - 12-08-2014

If she had heard his brief protests, she did not bother to stop for them. It was possible she was being a bit too harsh, since she was most of the problem. Even if it wasn't on purpose.

She pulled her knees up and tapped her toes on the sand, trying her best to look as pleasant and patient as she always did. She was failing miserably, however, but she hoped that he couldn't see her frowning from where he was.

Her phone chimed in her bag, but initially she just ignored it. Onion wiggled closer until he was settled under her knees, where they could block the light for him. When her phone continued chiming, curiosity took over and she pulled the device from the side pocket. The ID told her that it was from Ix and her brow furrowed.

Swiping across the screen she watched as the messages continued to roll in, explaining the situation. She looked up from the phone to where Ix was still in the water; tentacles curled around her jaw, and if she was worried about the frown, she desperately hoped he couldn't tell she was blushing.

☆»Oh
☆»I'm sorry!
☆»It's my fault isn't it?
☆»Not in, like, the normal way that it would be my fault.
☆»Because I splashed you?
☆»Oh shit.
☆»And then I just stripped on the beach like a total asshole.
☆»I'm the worst.
☆»Sorry.
☆»Also. Please don't die.