alonimi
Farendajo [Open] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Osiris Lunar Colony (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Farendajo [Open] (/showthread.php?tid=505)

Pages: 1 2 3

Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 11-07-2014

[Image: farendajo.png]

Farendajo is not, despite how some speak of it, some disreputable shady bar. It isn't the sort of place you'd want to bring your family - not unless you have a very strange family - but it's nice, nonetheless. Located on the lower tiers of the Western Quadrant of the Osiris Lunar Colony, it's a decent enough place to stop for a bite if you're in the neighborhood. If you want to talk to certain, very specific people... in that case, the Farendajo may be your only option.

The layout is sort of a circle, a cylindrical fridge holding drinks in the center, a ring of counter around it for customers to order drinks. Most of the tables are near the walls, save for a few at a distance from the others, allowing for larger guests. Near those distant tables is a stage, just large enough for a few musicians when live entertainment is desired. On either side of the stage, doors lead into the back offices and a kitchen, neither permitted entry by anyone who is not staff.

The lighting isn't quite dim, but it isn't bright, either; the windows look out, but not in, allowing a view of the walkways outside.

At each table and booth there is a small touchscreen display for the ordering of food and drinks, staple meals from each of the most populous cultures on the colony.

Technically speaking, the hostess is also the owner of the Farendajo. The Ga'lleq is always happy to help, often serving customers personally. Xotll is sweet and kind and friendly, eager to please even above and beyond the call of customer service.

One ought not take this as an opening to take advantage of her, however. After all, it is an open secret that this place really belongs to Grilka. The Krotazi doesn't much care for people who aren't nice to eir friends - and many have learned the folly of getting on the bad side of a Krotazi.

It is another peculiarity of Grilka's that ey doesn't partake in outright illegalities. The Farendajo is a place of euphemisms, of gray areas, of all the messy seams that occur when cultures come together. A lack of subtlety will do you no favors, and may have you asked to leave.

Farendajo is always open, and Grilka is always eager to make new friends. Only be sure that you're ready to pay the price for the food and the favors you seek.

Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 11-09-2014

[Image: tsc.png]
This post will automatically update to feature the current 'date' in Terran Standard Cycles.
The portion before the colon represents the day, while the number after indicates morning, afternoon, or night shifts.

Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 11-27-2014

Xotll was feeling surprisingly well-rested, for all that recent days had been eventful. She'd slept through the whole morning shift, though technically she'd only needed half of that. The Ga'lleq's velvet had a healthy shine, red eyes bright and alert, a spring in each step of her cloven hooves. She wouldn't normally let herself rest so, but Grilka had been spoiling her as an apology for previous neglect, and additional help around the bar wasn't hurting either.

Ey was out, now, as ey usually was; there were always places to be, people to see. The upgrades to the service droids had rendered them even more efficient, but this had the side effect of giving Xotll less to do. She was hardly going to complain, but she wouldn't mind a little bit more direction.

Restless might be a good word for her mood, a bundle of energy and nothing to do with it. She wanted to be useful, to be helpful, but no one seemed to have any real use for her at the moment. Usually she could fall back on eavesdropping, but no one had been having any interesting conversations lately.

Still, Xotll was nothing if not optimistic. She was trotting slow laps around Farendajo, making sure customers were happy, making sure everything was functioning properly. Occasionally she dropped crumbs on the floor deliberately, to be sure that the droids had something to do. They were technically mindless, but she worried about them getting bored regardless.

Trying to entertain inanimate objects was more representative of Xotll's personality than may have been kind to observe.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - skiesofpurple - 03-14-2017

This was a terrible plan. If he’d had a choice in the matter, they would have never gotten to this plan at all. But plan A was a bust the moment their IDs started to raise questions. Plan B through E quickly followed and, by now, they were just grateful to have a plan at all. It was a fucking terrible plan, sure, but the one after this was even worse.

As they approached the building, Leon look up… and up. It wasn’t the largest place they’ve seen since arriving at Osiris, but it was intimidating all the same simply for what they were here for. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his sister make a few rapid gestures with her hands.

This is the place. It has to be; look at those ceilings.

Leon nodded and motioned for her to take the lead as they headed inside. If they stood out here much longer, people might start to ask questions. As they walked, he made a few gestures back in her line of sight.

How big is this species we’re dealing with?

Big. Normal body size, then like 60 ft of snake.

The corners of his mouth tightened, not enough to be called a grimace. He really hated this plan.

That didn’t stop him from following his sister. Out of the two of them, she was the more eye catching. Her long back ponytails bounced as she walked, contrasting well with her pale lavender skin, the same as his own. The bell attached to the pink choker around her neck tingled faintly every few steps. She’d chosen her lifted clothing well. The black shirt was fashionable with a few splashes of purple, going well with some rather short pink shorts. Her tights were silk and shredded for effect, all put together with some cute purple boots. Despite her short stature, she was the one who commanded a room’s attention with wide, mischievous blue eyes and an ever-present smile. That’s what made them work so well.

If it looks hungry, we just leave.

Right, leave, and go with plan.... what are we on, plan z?

By now they were well into the main part of the bar. Leon looked around for the hostess that they’d heard ran the place, his eyes skimming over her and away, as if he was simply looking for a place to sit. If left to his own devices, he knew that he’d choose one of the tables more towards a corner, out of the way, but that was why he didn’t make those choices. His eyes shot over to his sister, relying on her take the lead now that socialization was imminent.

You mean plan ‘fuckit’.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - SolitareLee - 03-14-2017

It had been such a good plan. It had been... so many good plans. And now they were in a strange place about to meet a stranger creature, on the off-chance that they had heard correctly and this was, in fact, a good place to make “friends.”

Ugh.

Well, whatever, no use sulking over it now.

Sounds about right. I’m noticing a significant absence of giant snake-monster, though.

What they had instead was a remarkably small Ga'lleq... remarkable because it was right at eye level with Noel. She wasn’t at all used to not having to look up. Her neck probably had a permanent crick in it by now. Four hooves and two arms with thick, not-too-dexterous looking fingers... and such bright colors! How pretty. Noel was briefly jealous; her own colors were bleached out and pale in comparison, something she could, during moments of weakness, feel insecure about.

Particularly standing right next to her brother, who was eleven inches--or if you listened to him, a full foot--taller, with naturally brighter, more vivid hair... Well, she could feel a bit self-conscious in private. It was allowed. Fortunately, he’d dyed his hair a sullen black when they’d fled their planet, giving her an excellent excuse to do the same and be rid of her pastel-pink hair once and for all. It looked better on him, she thought, with his short, fashionably messy hair. Somehow the exact same shade looked professional and serious on him but bouncy and fashionable on her.

Part of it could be the way he dressed, particularly now in their much-nicer, totally-not-stolen clothes. The wide-neck look was good on him, and both the pullover and slacks were remarkably well-fitted considering where they’d gotten them. She wondered if her own clothes looked too tight, in comparison.

I’m not complaining, but we’ll have to move on to the next plan if he doesn’t show. We don’t have time to wait around.
Alright, let’s ask our new friend here.

“Hello!” Noel said brightly, waving in a universally friendly manner as she approached the Ga'lleq. She’d run into a few in her time as a servant... one of many “benefits” of serving the upper caste, and of being something cute and fun to trot out for guests. She bounced cheerfully as she walked, to make the bell around her neck jingle. Nothing intimidating ever jingled. “I’m not sure if we’re in the right place... is this the Farendajo that The Krotazi Ambassador calls home?”

Way to be direct.
You said we were in a hurry.
You didn’t even attempt to charm this one first.
If it’s just a bartender, I don’t need to.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 03-14-2017

Xotll's ears perked up with the rest of her, ears turned toward the sound. "Hello!" she said, waving with both hands, excited in the manner of a puppy who has just seen someone else being excited. She alternated lifting her left and right front hooves, a standstill gait that made her look jumpy as she tried to decide if she should be heading behind the bar or heading toward customers or staying where she was.

She was not difficult to overwhelm.

"Oh, oh!" Her hands balled into fists and her face looked sort of distant, as if she'd just been surprised with a quiz or a trivia question. Her tail flicked behind her. "While Grilka may often enjoy frequenting this establishment," she recited, clearly memorized, "the Farendajo is legally owned and operated by…" She froze, fingers splaying out as she hesitated, still as a statue except for the sway of her tail.

And she'd been doing so well.

"Me!" she finished cheerfully, instead of whatever it was she was supposed to say when she thought someone was trying to trick her into admitting something. She bounced while she said it, her hands curling into happy little fists by her shoulders. At which point she seemed to actually process the content of what had been said. "Oh!" Her gap-toothed smile softened to something faintly concerned, her ears falling back and her hands falling to her sides, wide red eyes taking in the girl's outfit.

"Are you here to meet Grilka?" She looked to the boy, then back to the girl. "Oh, oh goodness." She tapped her fingers on her cheeks, trotting a little sideways. "Grilka didn't tell me ey was going to be meeting anyone… or maybe I forgot?" This was said very anxiously, and she turned, trotting in a little circle as she tried to figure out what she was supposed to do. The long front panel of her top fluttered, threatening to get tangled in her front legs.

"Oh! Unless you didn't have a meeting?" She stilled again, ears perking up hopefully, one hoof still raised in an accidental point. "That would be good! I mean, good for me. It could also be good for you! That is. Ey should be here soon. I think. Did you have a meeting? I don't think I know you."

RE: Farendajo [Open] - skiesofpurple - 03-14-2017

As far as first impressions go, this one was just straight up confusing. The hostess seemed friendly, but he couldn’t sense anything behind it. No hidden motives behind her smile or waving hands, no underhand comments laced through her words, not even any schemes sparking in her eyes. He watched her as she spoke and moved and was just so… genuine. It was almost unsettling, especially considering their purpose for being here.

It’s like me but for real. Do you think it’s stupid?

He couldn’t have said it better himself.

Leon kept his face neutral, but if Noel looked she’d probably notice his eyebrows twitch before smoothing out again. They still had to approach this carefully, but this particular obstacle clearly didn’t need a heavy hand.

Yes. I take back what I said, you don’t need to flatter this one. You’d just confuse her more.

Good call. I’ll try to use small words.

As they signaled to each other, Leon settled into his accustomed place near his sister. He positioned himself about half step behind her and to the side. He was obviously present and attentive to the conversation around him, but he was not an active member of it. That was her job. And, at the moment, there wasn’t much he could do besides offer unhelpful advice.

Just don’t forget we’re here to meet a ‘friend’ or whatever we’re supposed to say.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - SolitareLee - 03-14-2017

Oh, goodness. It was like looking in a little, brightly colored mirror. She could only try to project this kind of an air of intense obliviousness. Of course, she probably wasn't as good at it because she wasn't actually that insipid. Still... cute. Was this how people saw her? Hopefully.

Noel smiled warmly, not seeming phased by the Ga'lleq's obvious confusion. "Nothing so formal!" she chirped cheerfully. "We're just new here on Osiris, and we heard that this was a good place to meet people and make friends. And that Grilka was definitely someone worth being friends with. I'm glad we've found the right place; it's such a beautiful interior!"

She had long since mastered keeping the corner of her vision on her brother’s hands, even from where he stood partially behind her. It was a gift. Sometimes she could swear she could feel his hands moving even when she wasn’t looking at them. She kept her voice chipper and her expression happy, as always, as she signed sarcastically back to him.

Don’t nag, it makes you sound old.

"My name is Noel, by the way! Noel Zanders. I'm sorry for not introducing myself sooner. This is my brother, Leon."

Yes madame, as you say.

The corner of her mouth twitched ever so slightly in genuine amusement. She couldn’t get off her guard; this adorable little thing was probably here for that exact reason. But still, it felt something like relief to see something so small and cute and friendly after gearing up for dealing with a Krotazi.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 03-15-2017

Xotll gasped, her hands all aflutter before clapping gleefully. "Oh! Oh, you're new, that's wonderful! Ey loves new friends! Ey'll be so happy to see you!" Her hooves alternated again, this time much bouncier, a clip-clopping little dance. "Especially when you're so–" She hesitated, looking between the two siblings again. "I'm sure you're both very nice," she said, in a vague overture toward being diplomatic. "But you're so pretty," she sighed. One hand went to touch her bare throat, velvet stripes visible down the narrowest part of her waist, the simple black top she wore tied only behind her neck and the small of her back. "I only get to wear mine on special occasions," she said mournfully.

"Noel! Noel and Leon. He's your brother? How nice! I think. Is that nice? I'm sure it's nice. I'll just – I'm Xotll! It's okay if you can't say it right, lots of people like to give me nicknames." She clasped her hands in front of her. "Would you like a drink? You can sit at the bar! I should be at the bar but I got bored. I – oh! What good timing!"

Grilka tended to enter a room upwards before sideways, a consequence of the shape of most doors. Ey could, for a split-second, be confused for someone of about three meters tall; but then where well-proportioned legs would have been, there were instead scales, and scales, and more scales, until ey was approximately five meters instead. More tail trailed behind em as ey moved further into the room, all glittering sapphire. Ey wore rings on every talon of every hand, bracelets up all four forearms, rings of gleaming opalescence and chrome all along both curling black horns. Ey'd worn a harness today, thick straps of black leather, a rare departure from eir usual preference for chains. The red gem embedded in their heavy necklace gleamed.

"Xotll," ey said, with an irritated click of eir teeth, and her hooves skittered on the floor in her rush to move past the twins and join em. "I would like a drink, but there is no one behind the bar."

"Yes! Sorry!" She leaned backward as Grilka loomed very literally over her, leaning forward to look down at her. "I was just talking to someone and – you're going to like her, them, there's two of them–" She turned to make introductions, but only made it a few steps before Grilka bent down enough to grab her tail with one hand. She yelped in surprise as ey dragged her backward, hooves sliding on the floor. Her back legs lost their balance, and she blinked as she found herself sitting on the floor, back legs splayed out awkwardly.

"Good girl," Grilka said, gently patting the top of her head. "Make drinks. I will tell you when I need your mouth. Yes?"

She brushed a hand over her nose to hide where it was turning a deeper purple, her ears doing the same; she nodded, suitably chastened into quieting. She got back up to head toward the bar, giving the twins two completely earnest thumbs-up, clearly under the impression that something about this situation was encouraging.

Grilka turned eir attention to the siblings, two tongues darting out into the air to taste it, a flash of dagger-teeth.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - skiesofpurple - 03-16-2017

He wouldn't have been proud to admit it, but Leon was starting to get fucking bored. It probably had something to do with how he'd been so hyped up on adrenaline coming into the place, only to be confronted with someone less intimidating than a melting popsicle. Now his attention was threatening to wander at the absolute worst time. See, this was always when the master of the household made some sort of grand entrance and caught you and your sister trying on some of their relatives’ clothing. Not that that had ever happened, of course. Especially not to him or his sister.

This one’s lucky I honestly believe it’s too stupid to be insulting on purpose.

Well we ARE pretty.

...True.

Attempting to shake off his inattention, Leon focused back on communicating with his sister just in time for the much anticipated grand entrance to finally happen.

And. Well. Shit.

W- ooooooooh gods be damned so that’s what it looks like.

Leon attempted not to be too obvious when he shifted his stance around so that the gigantic Krotazi was fully in his line of sight. This was when he had to concentrate. Despite his inactivity in the verbal side of the conversation, it was his role to help keep his sister taking. No matter how overwhelmed she got, he had to help her play it cool so they'd be able to turn the situation around to their advantage. Somehow.

WOW those illustrations did NOT do it justice holy shit. I have to talk to that?

You have to charm that.

It’s gonna eat us pffff.

It was a valiant effort not to roll his eyes at that one. Instead, he attempted to affect a casual air as he let his eyes wander around the room.

I don’t think we could get out the door if we tried.

Then look for a fucking window while I look ‘pretty’

He was about to sign something like ‘what the fuck do you think I’m doing’ back when their hostess was suddenly grabbed by the tail and dragged back towards the giant snake alien. Leon’s hands stilled at his sides, his eyes widening slightly as he watched the exchange. A slight pang went through him as he began to get a better idea of just what his sister was going to be in for during this exchange. It was just enough to remind him that, yeah, he hated this fucking plan for a reason. But, well. The time for complaining about that has passed.

Good luck sis.

As long as they got out of this with all limbs intact he’d probably count it for a win.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - SolitareLee - 03-16-2017

The thing was cute and annoying at the same time for the same reasons. Her brother was right, though. They were pretty. She had no real right to be sour about having it pointed out; she knew very well that was her primary appeal. Cute and harmless and pretty. Like a doll. Her face was a happy mask, but inside, she was seething.

She was going to be so much more than a pretty doll.

And everyone who ever made her feel small would be a forgotten memory, a prologue in the story that mattered, no, a footnote.

Speaking of things that made her feel small.

There was a difference, she realized quickly, in reading "sixty feet long" and seeing "sixty feet long." In understanding "sixty feet long." She'd known that's what the high ceilings were for, but gods above it just... it just KEPT COMING.

And her brother was right.

She had to charm that.

She took a second to compose herself as ey addressed the poor, dumb window dressing. She straightened both her clothing and her posture, standing with the formal grace she used in her dancing. Not tall, because she would never be tall, but straight and natural at the same time, delicate limbs precisely where they ought to be to look as good as possible.

Good luck, sis.

Her hands flickered in response, as natural looking as if she was adjusting a glove.

Fuck me, this is gonna be something for the memoir.

She stepped in front of Leon, not quite pulling him behind her, but definitely putting herself center stage. She wouldn't have been able to walk towards the creature if not for the fact he was there, something precious, something to protect. Eir eyes were on her, mouth full of fangs.

She gave a cute little spinning curtsy, half ballet spin, half method of showing supplication, an affectionate, respectful smile curving her lips and crinkling her eyes.

"It's so wonderful to meet you," she said when she wasn't addressed first. She would have preferred to have been addressed first, given something to go off of. It was hard to tell where she stood, other than very far down. "My name is Noel Zanders... and my brother, Leon Zanders," she added, not gesturing to him. He was there, but she didn't want to draw any more attention to him than good manners dictated. "I'm so happy we found the right place; the decor here is absolutely stunning. We've just arrived here in Osiris, and everyone said this was the best place to make new friends. And, of course, that you were the best to meet. I can see now what they meant; if anything, they didn't do you justice."

She saw her brothers hand twitch out of the corner of her eye.

I think you could have laid it on a bit more thick.

Inside, her soul was rolling its eyes, though her expression remained perfectly happy and placid. They did this all the time, conversations within conversations. It did nothing to distract her from the matter at hand.

Well I’d get down and blow it but I’m not sure where it keeps its dick, asshole.
Then what was in those biology books you spent ALL your time reading, genius?

She suppressed a shudder effortlessly, remembering the books.

The paralytic venom in its talons, its many razor sharp teeth, details of its digestive tract.
Great, at least we'll know how we're being digested after ey eats us.

Not much she could say to that. It was true.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 03-17-2017

Oh.

Ey liked this one. Such careful supplication! Such well-practiced appeal! Such poise. Such utter and complete bullshit! Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Ey smiled wide, tongues darting toward her again, coming lower to the ground but still looming over her. Eir pupils were slender black slits in enormous eyes all fuchsia. "How lovely to meet someone with such very good manners." Ey leaned close enough that one long limb could reach out, and a single claw rang the bell on her collar, the point of eir talon less than a centimeter from the skin of her throat. Then ey nudged her chin upward with a knuckle, getting a better look at her eyes, then glancing toward her brother. "And we match," ey said approvingly. Ey did love to color-coordinate. Eir darting tongues nearly touched her face this time.

"Rasmodians," ey said thoughtfully, sibilant and rolling with long drawn-out vowels, teeth clicking, still touching her chin. "But you are so small, Noel Zanders. Should you not also be big and strong? Perhaps you are defective?" Eir tail had been moving to form a slow semi-circle around the two of them. "I don't mind. Xotll is defective, too. It makes her special. I like special people."

The portion of tail directly beneath eir torso moved forward, more tail joining it, until ey had coils underneath and in front of em. Still the exact same height, but it had a similar effect to sitting down, settling in to make emself comfortable. Ey straightened a little, no longer touching her or directly in her face.

"Come here, new friends," Grilka said, patting eir makeshift lap. "I would like to get to know you better." It would be a bit of a climb for her, thick scaled tail coiled twice to about four feet off the ground, but that was part of the fun. The rest of it still trailed around them, effectively fencing them in.

They wanted something, obviously. Hard to tell what – money, if ey had to guess, patronage for exorbitant lifestyles they couldn't afford on their own. That was the usual, with pretty eager little things. One eager little thing, and one less eager. It seemed clear what she was trying to offer, but did he have anything worthwhile?

Men could be so troublesome, and they so rarely wanted to play. But Rasmodians could be fun that way, even if one was being difficult. Only needed one to have the other.

Fun, fun.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - skiesofpurple - 03-18-2017

Ey was curious. That was a good thing. Or that was what he kept telling himself when talons containing paralytic venom were poised in front of his sister’s neck. Leon’s carefully manufactured facade of indifference was under serious threat of breaking as he watched this Grilka come way too close to his sister with that claw. He only visibly relaxed once ey began touching her with a knuckle instead, funny enough.

Hah, he’s thinking of you as a pet already.

There was nothing like the threat of an ongoing near-death experience to encourage cracking fun at your other half.

Heh, well, that is why I wear that. I didn’t think it would go for the bait so fast. Think it likes me?

He contemplated that one for a moment, watching the Krotazi watch them. Ey certainly seemed interested so far, but he didn’t know enough about eir eccentricities to make a solid judgement call. Ah, well. Always better err on the side of overkill. They were supposed to be desperate, after all.

We’re getting there. I think he’s amused so far, you better step it up a notch.

Can do, brother.

Meanwhile, the actual conversation was still going on around them. Leon’s hands twitched.

Defective. He could practically hear the word ringing in the air, circling Noel’s head. Quickly, he signaled out some silent laughter before completely bulldozing over whatever anger might be brewing by doing what brothers do best.

Making fun of his sister.

He has no idea. Just imagine if I told him about how we nearly got caught escaping the damn planet just because you couldn’t choose exactly the right pair of tights.

That is SO not how it happened!

‘But WAIT I found fishnets!!!’

They were silk!!!!

Years of careful planning and it was nearly blown for a couple threads of silk.

I didn’t want to leave them anything nice. Assholes.

Crisis averted for now (because was going to surely hear about this later), Leon decided it was time to make sure proper attention was being paid to how they were slowly being circled. There was something almost hypnotic, in a inevitable horror sort of way, about watching Grilka’s coils surround them. All too aware that they had absolutely no control over whether or not they made it out of this situation intact, the only course of action left was to joke about it until hopefully everything turned out okay. That was the plan, at least.

Chances of being eaten have suddenly increased.

No, wait, I have an idea. Come here, give me a handstand lift onto it.

He went to her without hesitation. To an unobservant outsider, it might have seemed as if he went automatically without any prompting. Leon positioned himself for her with practiced ease, expression unchanging no matter what she meant to do.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - SolitareLee - 03-18-2017

Ey seemed to like her. It was a relief, insomuch as further attention from something like this could be a relief. But honestly, even from a terrifying snake, success felt good.

A very venomous talon so very close to her neck, however, felt less good. The tingle of the bell amused her; she couldn't believe how quickly ey had gone for the obvious bait. But the ghost of feeling of the talon against her neck ruined the amusement and froze her solid. Automatically, she went perfectly still, not even breathing. She allowed her face to be tilted up very willingly, happy smile still fixed on her unmoving face.

Eir tongue flickered out. She could swear she felt it against her face. But the talon was further away from her neck now, so ey could have licked her fucking eyeball and she would have been perfectly okay with it.

Defective, however.

She smiled cheerfully, eyes fluttering shut as she did, in part so she could be certain no irritation would shine through them. "As you say," she replied good-naturedly. "My brother has quite an appetite; even in our mother, he ate all the food before I could get it." She giggled. "Such a boy. But the joke's on him--I got the good looks."

Defective... that cunt. She was seething inside. But it wasn't her first time hearing that sort of comment, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. She was very good at laughing it off. And her brother helped distract her, in the way he did. Good-natured ribbing.

She eyed the coiling tail with slight apprehension, mental images of being crushed between those huge loops playing explicitly through her head in high definition. Still, if the Krotazi wanted her to sit on eir lap, she would sit on that lap. But she didn't want to clamber up, undignified. She signaled to her brother, all but invisibly. She loved when they looked so synchronized, like they really were the same person. She didn't know any other twins who communicated the way they did. Something uniquely them, something wonderful.

He approached in that smooth way of his, and he looked so good kneeling right in front of the Krotazi. She knew ey would like it. Hopefully, ey would like this more. She knew how to show off, how to please. How to make her body look graceful, delicate, like art, even at the same time she demonstrated how very strong and wonderful and hers her brother was.

She stepped behind him where he kneeled, and placed her hands on his shoulders. He gripped her wrists for support, and she lifted off the ground, her weight on her arms as she lifted herself into a handstand. In one smooth motion, she curled her legs, then her back, letting the effect ripple down her spine as she bent backwards, feet lowering delicately onto the top coil where the Krotazi wanted her. With a little boost from her brother, she straightened.

Her body was very, very close to the Krotazi's torso. Ey did not look any smaller from this angle. Quite the opposite, her neck had to crane backwards painfully. She still had enough range of vision to note her brother's hands, clear to her even at this angle.

Next time you should play up the flexibility a bit more.

Always a critic. She didn't really mind, though she rolled her eyes internally. She would accept it from him, because he knew exactly all the ways she could, in fact, contort and twist her body, knew the deceptive strength held behind her squishy flesh.

Gracefully, she folded her legs underneath herself, sitting down across the makeshift lap, and fixed the Krotazi with a winsome smile as she replied to her brother.

I’m sorry that very slow backflips aren’t flashy enough, sir. Next time I’ll just spin around your neck and pirouette up.
Actually, that’s not a bad idea.
You are ridiculous. Am I correct in assuming you don't want to come up here?

Her brother did not much care to be touched, particularly not in public and especially not by strangers. It was something of a professional hazard, and one of the many things he had hated about being servant caste. With something this big and strong, bigger and stronger even than him, she knew he would be unnerved by it. She was here to cover for him. Always.

One of us has to keep their feet on the ground, he confirmed.

She let her legs stretch across the coils, getting comfortable, showing off her fashionable leggings, in case that sort of thing was liked. She was very good at being pretty.

"You're so comfortable!" she said happily. "Thank you for allowing me up."

I’ll make excuses if it brings it up. Try to watch the tail. Subtly.

RE: Farendajo [Open] - Tindome - 03-18-2017

Grilka darted tongues again, face split in a terrible grin. All stiff with fear and fury, and still such a pretty little smile. What a delightful creature. "Oh, yes, very pretty," ey agreed.

Ey watched as the brother finally moved, no apparent signal for him to do so. Kneeling, making himself a platform so that she'd not have to debase herself. Interesting, the implications that had for their relationship. Didn't one particular twin tend to dominate? If so, ey wanted to know which, the better to disrupt their pecking order.

What a flexible girl. Ey'd love to experiment with that. How far could she bend before it became uncomfortable, and how long could she stay that way?

It did not go unnoticed that Leon remained firmly on the ground. Predictable, but disappointing. Thus far he seemed to exist entirely so that Noel wouldn't have to carry a step-stool.

Ey'd find a use for him later, after the pretty one was secured.

Tendrils unwound from the mass of eir tail, slender and scaled and sliding over her calves as soon as she'd let her legs sprawl enough. "You're very welcome, Noel Zanders," ey said. Those tendrils tightened enough around her legs to hold her secure, and the large coil she was sitting on suddenly moved. It was a wave through eir tail, a sudden motion up and then down, enough that most people would lose their balance without being held. The intent could not have been more clear as ey made her entire body bounce, and the little bell on her collar jingled.

Ey rattled a delighted laugh, clasping two hands together with glee. "What fun," ey said, before a third hand gave one of her pigtails a gentle tug. "I could do so many things with a friend like you, I think. Do you have spots at all? I'd love to meet a Rasmodian with spots." Still holding her hair, ey hooked a talon of eir fourth hand in her neckline – always careful not to scratch, though it was never obvious from the way ey moved – and pulled on it to peer down her shirt. Then ey let it go, and sighed, disappointed. "Ah, well. A skirt would be much cuter, you know." Ey tugged at both pigtails simultaneously in opposite directions, a giggly little rattle before ey let her go.

Xotll reapproached em with cautious steps, not wanting to intrude on anything. She was outside the circle of tail, and waited patiently for Grilka to look toward her. Then she held up a wide, flattened cone full of inky black liquid with an oily sheen. Ey reached down to accept it, and downed it like a shot. "Would you like a drink?" ey asked them both, turning the glass upside-down and setting it on Xotll's head. She squeaked indignantly, taking it down and rubbing at her mane with a huff. "If we are friends, my friends are your friends, yes? Ask Xotll for whatever you like. Drinks, sweets, cigarettes, head."

"Grilka!"

"Not for anything with her hands, though," ey continued, ignoring her mortified scold. "Maybe for you," ey said, pointing to Noel, "but not you," ey said, pointing to Leon. "Ga'lleq hands, you know, not so good at the…" One hand made a dismissive jerk-off motion.

"Grilka." She was completely covering her face with one hand, her ears a deep purple, as she turned around and stomped one of her back hooves. "I am leaving now," she announced, trotting back to the bar, and Grilka cackled.

"She's shy," ey explained, "so she's going to go hide."

"I am not," Xotll whined, ducking behind the fridge and hiding.

"Also do not ask her for Krotazi wine," ey added, referring to eir own drink. "You will die. I think. Maybe with Rasmodians it is only that you lose consciousness, and wake up much later very sore. But there are better ways to do that, so better not to risk it."

"Is Osiris treating you well so far, new friends? Comfy beds, plenty to put in your mouths?"