alonimi
Radius || Open - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Osiris Lunar Colony (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Radius || Open (/showthread.php?tid=500)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Radius || Open - vagrant - 11-17-2014

>> While an unnecessary addenda for myself, it's really something you should look into. I hear it has important health benefits.

Voltaire's grip slid slightly on the polished steel as Sascha's weight settled on his back, but he ramped up the gearshift instantly and resteadied himself. He rolled his eyes - not that she could see it at the moment - and began painstakingly lowering them down the airshaft, moving one limb at a time before maximizing pressure in it and adjusting the next.

>> Go ahead and have a seat. At this pace it could take a while, and I really don't want to experiment with gravity too much at this point. Also you won't fall off and make me panic. Not that this shaft is wide enough for you to fit past me, but it'd be sincerely awkward if you managed to plant an elbow in the back of my headcase. I use that for Minesweeper.

A microsecond of silence passes as Voltaire accesses local superstructure blueprints and IDs a nearby room.

>> There's an armory nearby. You're not the big-guns kind of girl to my knowledge, but there's got to be something in there for you to wear, even if kelvar is gauche this season. It just doesn't blend well with the hottest shades of nail polish. And it's so thick and bulky. You fought hard to lose those pounds. Flaunt those ribcages!

A GIF spontaneously emerges on Sascha's wristcomp - an advertisement for dieting pills that involves, for unknown reasons, a dancing bear and a hula hoop. It's more than a little psychadelic.

Radius || Open - tanith - 11-17-2014

"Punishment." Quinn sighed, that mojito was looking ever more appealing, she wasn't interested in talking about how she ended up here. Casually she slid a long finger along the condensation on her glass, leaving a mark behind. "I said a few things to an important person, and was demoted and sent to work at our office here. Thats it, thats all, moving on...."

She drank the rest of the mojito and placed the glass back on the table rather forcefully, eye darting about the club. Perhaps it was going to be another boring night, there wasn't much action going on, and most of the men were already in deep conversation with women who were much better looking than she. At least in her opinion. Ah, real life, if only life could be like in it was in the movies.

"Well, I think I'll have another drink." She pushed her chair back and stood now, flashing Elsie a friendly smile. "Beer for you? No worries, I got it."

Radius || Open - Kat - 11-17-2014

[/img]"http://i.imgur.com/FYpuFlo.png" style="avatar" style="max-width:25%;float:left;margin:0 18px;]The newly dubbed Taet may have mistaken what her final sentiment meant, so Dax found herself glossing over the rest of the points to reiterate. "I'm not trying to kick you out. I didn't mean it like that." Arms wrapped her figure in something of an embrace, albeit a brief one, and it earned him a small sigh. There were countless things to discuss, plans to devise and mull over, but her head was a slow sludge of diluted figures. The examples of plausible plans were quick to shift into devastating scenarios in which said plans went horribly wrong, and both parties were met with their greatest fears. Captivity did a number on the Lepi, and though her outside was a mere shadow of what may have been spinning through her consciousness, it certainly didn't look prepared for the possibility of returning a time before freedom... If that was what she could call her life since taking a position at Radius.

"You're going to need to stay with me." Admittedly, it wasn't a choice she made out of any desire for companion. She hadn't been comfortable living with anyone else since her time in the nest she was born to, so adding Taet would prove a test of her emotional durability. Even if he was a synthetic, he still thought and felt to some degree, and that added a loose cannon element to the formulating future. Was he someone she could trust? At this point in the game, Dax didn't see any other choice. Betrayal wasn't something she was a stranger to. "It's just not safe for either of us if you don't. I can keep tabs on you here, keep the records clean... But you can't expect me to be comfortable just letting you go." The Lepi issued a firm nod to stress the seriousness of the message, even when her voice was little more than an airy whisper. "I don't want to keep you cooped up, honestly I don't. I just can't have a loose end dragging me down." Not when she was closer everyday to where she was trying to be, light years beyond the Osiris Lunar Colony and the surrounding galaxy it was housed within.

Nightlife below did nothing to ease her sense of loneliness, especially with the company of the blue haired android nearby. What an odd pair they made. His last question earned something of a shrug, her hands immediately busying themselves to resecure the ties of her robe so she wasn't spilling out. Dax didn't know the extent of sexual desire a synthetic was capable of, but this meeting had ceased to be the time or place for whatever had once been possibility. Even as the effects of her hashish weighed heavily in the back of her mind, the Lepi's libido could be wrangled in long enough to get through sorting out their affairs. Maybe she could excuse herself after things had died out and work the sexual yearning out of her system. A cold shower wasn't beyond the realm of imagination. "I usually just have a salad. Herbivorous."

Swiveling her head to present the side of her face, Dax asked with a curious grin, "Are you looking to become my personal chef?"

Radius || Open - danixiewrites - 11-18-2014

>>A. Seat? What, like, with my legs around your neck? O.o

Sascha glanced down, trying to spot the gleam of his eyes, and realized he'd arranged his body into a bizarre platform. Her lips parted in surprise. Voltaire's present maneuver reminded her a little of the underground penny dreadful troupes she'd seen once, half a galaxy away. She shuddered, but complied, slowly lowering herself onto the broad surface of his back, trying not to waver as he was already in motion. At least he'd waited until she'd settled before flashing the horrible advert over her screen. She stifled a laugh, sent a more serious response aimed at the beginning of his message.

>>No. No guns.

It was a simple response with a wealth of vehemence behind it that didn't translate well through text, although she wouldn't have put it past him to detect the tension in her toes--since they'd curled violently against his back. Sascha focused on relaxing them and sent him a less abrupt response.

>>You just want me to hide the zipper fetish

A fond smile caught her lips and spread, because this was Voltaire, and he wasn't just trying to get them out of the building--he was looking out for her. The same way he'd defended her in the room above.

>>I'll see what I can find, and settle for some boots if they've got em in stock.

Settled in for the brief departure from plan to descend to the armory, she brushed a wave of brown and black hair over her shoulder and leisurely sent another string of messages, this time taking a turn at trying to amuse her BI-AI companion.  Stealing a moment where she didn't feel like she was taking refuge in the ridiculous, and trying to share it with him.

>>I like you too much to make you panic over me, V.
>>Incidentally.
>>I'm now trying to imagine your former body doing this little dance you've got going on.
>>Going to need a lot of therapy when we get to the ground floor. You have an app for that?

Radius || Open - yinepuhotep - 11-18-2014

"Oh yeah," Elsie said, nodding. "That's why I'm self-employed now. My talent isn't for saying things some people might like, although I do enough of that. My talent is for not letting people get away with shit they think they have a right to because of their rank. At least when I work for myself, I can choose whose shit I'm going to put up with, and how much of it. Sure, beer sounds good." She held up her empty. "Here. this is, as far as I know, the only drinkable beer this place sells. Everything else is chemical swill from one megacorp or another."

Radius || Open - bear - 11-18-2014

He listened carefully as she spoke, explaining herself again, and more fully this time. He was glad to know she wasn't going to kick him out or anything of the sort. He really appreciated that, he really did. But he also didn't want to be a burden to her. Especially not one that could get her arrested, so at the insistence that he stayed with her, he had to consciously resist the urge to argue. Instead, he simply nodded, moving away from her to settle onto the bed again, watching her as she thought and did eventually answer his question. The notion that she might be herbivorous had crossed his mind shortly after he'd asked her what kind of food she'd liked, though he hadn't intended to make a fool of himself by assuming if he had been wrong. He did that enough as it was, so when she did answer, he smiled at her, trying to come up with a charming reply before she continued on and threw him for a slight loop.

"Ah, uh...maybe? I mean, it's one thing I know I'm really good at that doesn't get in your way too much...."

He scratched at the back of his neck at the thought of what else he had to offer. His programmers had been thorough, he was sure of that. He found he had a rather large list of things he was capable of, and that his statement was very close to completely true. If she'd had a garden, maybe, then he could've been called a liar. But he doubted such a thing, and so as he sat there, staring awkwardly at the floor in front of him, he wondered just what he could do to make things up to her. Obviously he didn't need to offer her anything she couldn't get down below, right? Sexual favors, while easy enough for him, may not have been what she wanted.

"I can clean, uh, keep an eye on things. I dunno. Anything you might want me to do, I can probably do it."

He chuckled uncomfortably, not entirely sure how to handle the feeling of servitude still overwriting his normal attitude. It felt like he owed her so much, and it felt like he would never pay it off, even though there was a part of him that knew the feeling was only there to ensure obedience. The knowledge didn't make the feeling any less real for him.

"I could give you massages. Nothing too intimate, of course. Unless you want me to. But not if you don't want. I don't mind either way. And I don't have to give you massages either. It's just... ugh. It's a thing I can do. I can do a whole lot. Don't be afraid to ask, I guess."

He sighed, collapsing back on the bed and putting his hands over his eyes and pressing them down a bit. The pressure felt good, and despite his lack of conscious thought on the matter, the top of his head was already beginning to work its way toward reflecting some of the details of her aesthetic. Namely, the antennae. Right now, he had merely a small pair of bumps on his head, but in time, perhaps, they'd get bigger.

Radius || Open - vagrant - 11-18-2014

>> I'm not picky about where you put your poky bits. Just so long as you aren't, you know, stand squarely on the chassis's spine. It's not healthy for the superstructure - this isn't a combat model. There's a notable lack of cool gimmicks and extra sunglasses.

Accepting Sascha's statement without question, he carefully levered them both into a side duct, using one hand to unscrew the screen and slide it aside. A faint pneumatic hiss filled the cramped space as he maximized pressure for stability, and then clamped himself down to provide a base.

>> You're clear. Female gear lockers are G-1 through G-5, check through them and see what you can find that fits. I'll probably come after you and try to scrounge up something that will keep me from being obviously recognizable as a tin can, though that'll probably require a full set of riot gear. And yes, you can use as many zippers as you want. They're suitably coy.

Voltaire's head rotated and green peeked up at Sascha out of the corner of one lens, and the neon light flickered as he gave her a slow, grave wink.

>> I do have an app for my therapy, but I don't think Cleverbot V6.2 is going to cure you of synthetic overexposure. You're better off farming daschunds or something else equally full of small animals defecating on everything you own. I hear that's good for the meatsack soul.

Radius || Open - danixiewrites - 11-18-2014

Sascha ducked her head as her newest mode of transport brought them through a smaller shaft.

>>Thanks, V.

Trusting his judgment, she popped the vent cover before her. It stuck in the corner. With a smack from the flat of her palm, Sascha got it open. She flicked a look at him, the text he sent next, then his cheeky wink, and clamped a hand over her face, because if she hadn't, a snort would've echoed in the air vent. Managing containment, she shook her head with a grin and wriggled into what should've been one of the most secure rooms in the building...if one didn't have technical support.

The frigid linoleum in the armory renewed her lust for footwear.

Catching the corner of her eye was a small movement and she spun, fists useless but defending her face and chest anyway. Nothing but a lifeless, slumped chassis in the corner. Sascha breathed a sigh of relief. Swiftly picking open lockers, she found two with boots, both too big. Beggars couldn't be choosers, so she grabbed two pairs of socks from another, rolled them on, and stuffed her feet into the closest match.

Next came an inspection for armored gear. Voltaire was right--the Kevlar was hideous. But. There. She dug quietly through whatever woman had the catsuits hanging wall to wall in the damn locker, pulling out a sleek, black jacket from the rear. It reminded her of a flak jacket she'd once owned--tough little thing, cards rest its soul--and judging from what she'd seen so far, despite the slim appearance would certainly hold up to a mecha shelling. Right? Barring couches. Sascha peered around the corner, looking for her comrade. With a pleased smile, she slid her found attire on and zipped it up. Something shimmered, and she wondered what the exact nature of the tech was that she'd gotten her hands on. So long as it would keep her from further incidental injuries, which was the point, she didn't much care.

>>Ha. Now who's stylin'? You find anything?

She sent the message and had backtracked to the vent before pausing suddenly, then backing up. Stealing clothes from their mysterious hosts probably came with a price tag. And if she was smart...which she usually was...On her wristband, she punched in a code, testing for a tracking frequency and finding it with a soft curse. But while she could jam the signal fine, and did, with a few lines of code Voltaire would probably see as archaic and sloppy, it'd be best for them both if it were completely out of commission.

>>V, when you get a mo', you mind putting whatever neon sign's on my back out of its misery? And don't suggest I find something else to wear. MY jacket.

She hugged her arms around herself in covetous emphasis.

Radius || Open - tanith - 11-18-2014

"Alright, I'll be back" Quinn made a mental note of the name of the beer Elsie was drinking and left the table. On her way she debated wether it was a good idea or not to get properly pissed. She looked upwards at nothing while she thought about this. She did have to be in the office the next morning, however there were only two others who worked with her and half the time they were late, so, that wasn't such a big deal. There was the problem of getting home, her apartment was within walking distance, it made no sense to get a taxi, but not quite safe enough to walk home alone while completely loaded. Of course there were rooms on the upper level of Radius that she could rent, so it could work. Quinn tilt her head back and forth as she weighed the pros and cons. The possibility of having a hangover was high, depending on what she had to drink, however the idea of forgetting everything for one night was much more appealing.

I guess I will just see how it goes. She thought to herself as grabbed Elsie's beer, and her cosmopolitan. Secretly she hoped the bartender from the other night was in, she thought he had talent, but would have to try some of his other drinks to be sure. On her way back to the table she nearly missed collision with a man who didn't look quite old enough to be in here, and cursed under her breath as part of her drink spilled on to the front of her dress. It was a cute dress, actually her favourite dress. It was casual, black with blue and white flowers and sleeveless with a thin belt cinched around her small waist. The bottom flared out just a little and swished around her legs as she moved. With her mixed lineage she not only had the Jovian marks, but the incredibly long legs as well, it may have looked a bit strange if one even noticed, but somehow the extended length worked for her, even though sometimes it made her skirts appear shorter than what they were.

"Here you go." She slid the beer across the table towards the other woman. Plopping down on the chair she began to dab at the wet spot with a tissue. Of course it would be her luck. If it wasn't already noticed, Quinn was rather a pessimist.

Radius || Open - jazzhands - 11-18-2014

Vrimlud awoke in one of the guest rooms of the apartment after having a well-needed sleep. Considering he had ran the bar solo on his second shift without any sleep, the Bludkin was not surprised at how long he had slept for. He had intended to chat to the twins about their concept of him being a god and their religious ideals but that became less important once he had gotten in from closing up Radius and realised just how much his body wanted to rest. 

Heading to the clothing storage area, he picked out a new outfit for today and felt some relief that a paycheck was on the horizon with his job at Radius. He knew the twins had mentioned paying him as their bodyguard but Vrimlud wasn't sure how to approach that currently. It was rude to bring up money when they were providing him a place to stay and clothing to wear and pride would not let him bring up the topic of a wage until he had some money of his own again outside of his dwindling stash of savings. Catching a glimpse of the pink cape on his back with "SEXY BITCH" on it in diamonds, the Bludkin scowled at the reflection in a mirror and hoped the tailor had sent him the capes as requested. 

Contacting her on his communication wrist device, a familiar face appeared as a hologram. "Hello, beautiful. I imagine you are not calling me to take me on a date now." "Very funny. Did the capes arrive?" The tailor's face went from playful to serious. "Honey, you haven't checked the post yet? I sent you an apology gift in the form of a blood basket. The note would have..." "Why would you need to send an apology gift?" His face became an aggressive scowl as the hologram of the tailor raised her six arms up. "Vrimy-poo, please! There was some sort of delay at the Galactic Mailbag. I cannot control the mail...but instead of leaving you empty handed, I sent you some blood because I care." 

Vrimlud growled. "So I am stuck with this stupid cape for how long?" "Well...they should hopefully arrive tomorrow. The Mailbag did say it could be another day though. Of course, if you come and spend the night with me, I could give you plenty of capes in person...provided you modelled them for me. I think you would look good wearing nothing but a cape." Vrimlud felt like yeling at the tailor but he knew he would just be taking his stress out on her. Plus, she had sent him a blood basket which was a good gesture on her part. 

"Vrimlud is not a nude art model! Your gift is appreciated and it will slightly soften the shame Vrimlud will feel when wearing this monstrosity of a cape. Pink. Diamonds. Bah." The tailor begins giggling. "Pink cape? Darling, you must let me see!" "Goodbye." Hanging up on the teasing tailor, Vrimlud left his new selection of suit clothing inside the room he slept in before heading into the main room and down the tacky lift ignoring everything else for now. Elevator music did little to improve the Bludkin's mood as he went downstairs and collected the wrapped gift before heading back up. 

Once back in the apartment, Vrimlud put the basket down in his room and decided a shower and shave would calm him down a little. Maybe. While in the bio-shower, his mind wandered back to the treasured capes he had been forced to leave behind by that smug landlord. He had already lost one cape and the loss of Ruby helped him to reach a decision. He would go and retrieve the capes from his old run-down flat. Even if he had to be humble or beg, Vrimlud would take the hit to his pride to get his beloved capes back. 

Showered and clean-shaven, Vrimlud changed into the new suit and put the shameful pink cape back on before unwrapping the gift. Inside the basket were ten different bottles of high quality blood. Vrimlud was impressed by the caliber of this blood basket. Picking up the bottle of Toucunpo blood, he took a long gulp and enjoyed the fruity taste of the Toucunpo species. Pocketing the bottle, Vrimlud decided to go check on the twins he was meant to protect. The bodyguard headed out of the guest room to find them for some conversation before his next shift at Radius. 

Radius || Open - yinepuhotep - 11-19-2014

<p>"Someone ran into you on the way back?" Elsie asked, noticing the other woman dabbing at her dress. "I didn't notice him lift your purse, but from across the room, I couldn't really see clearly enough to know for sure if he did."</p>
<p>She took a pull from her bottle and gave the other woman a thoughtful look. She wasn't unfamiliar with unwanted attention due to her appearance, what with being a good head taller than the average human, as buxom as an old German beer hall girl, and with muscles that looked as if she lifted the engines she worked on without need of a jack. If she wasn't getting hit on because people assumed someone with her figure must be easy, she was getting insulted because she threatened far too many men's masculinity by being obviously stronger than the majority of the human race, without artificial enhancements of any kind. That look on the half-Jovian woman was far too much like the way she'd felt for years, before she finally decided she just didn't care anymore - that she would live her way, and to hell with anyone who tried to drag her down.</p>
<p>"So, what do you do when you're not working?" Elsie asked, after a moment of weighing the question of who the other woman was and what she did for a living. "For enjoyment, I mean. I'm pretty sure your job isn't it, so there's got to be something you do when you don't have anything tying you down, ja?"</p>

Radius || Open - Kat - 11-19-2014

[/img]"http://i.imgur.com/FYpuFlo.png" style="avatar" style="max-width:25%;float:left;margin:0 18px;]Dax made an imperceptible gulp and took a soothing breath. What was she doing?

"I'm not trying to pin hole you into being my servant. I don't need the help or anything. I just don't need you popping up on the news, and me scrambling to try and cover everything up. I don't have any means to do that. There's just nothing I can do if shit hits the fan and you're not accessible..." Trailing off, the Lepi brought both hands to her features and buried them with a sigh, mentally kicking herself for having to say any of this to Taet. Cornered, she wasn't doing a good job of explaining where she was coming from, and though he seemed receptive, she wondered how much of that was programmed. Could he argue with her? Have a genuine opinionated conversation with her? Brushing the questions aside so she could recollect her disposition, Dax turned so she was watching his repositioning figure sprawled on the bed.

"I can't make you, and you can't think that I can, because it's not... It's not like that- but I can ask that you do it." Pleading, maroon hues steadied on his face to try and gauge an inhuman reaction. "If you don't want to talk to me outside of important details and news, that's fine. I'm hardly there anyway, so it's not like I'll crash your private time." He mentioned other things he could do for her, actions he thought he needed to employ to keep her happy, but this wasn't a trading situation. The Lepi was begging him to do this for her own safety. "No, no. I don't need any of that. Just, please, stay with me." Pausing, her lids narrowed as another bit of detail seeped into her consciousness.

"But you can't tell anyone. No more telling people where you're from, how you got here, or what will happen if you're found. Do you know what might have happened if you told me and I alerted Coan? Don't take that risk; there are eyes everywhere." Ominous, Dax didn't bother getting into the details of why all this seemed familiar to her. There had been a situation similar years beforehand, when the Lepi was in his shoes with nothing but a strong desire to be free and a lucky break from her previous existence. One could gather Daxet had been through this sort of run around before, but it wasn't anything she brought up willingly, especially with the stranger she was doing her best to convince that her motives were pure. They were, regardless how he might had seen them, and the argument didn't need a sob story for a backing of legitimacy.

Long, bare legs carried her to ease back down with him on the mattress, though she didn't reach to touch him again. That didn't seem the respectful approach to any of this. Also, Dax knew full well this was the most she had spoken with someone she didn't know intimately in probably her whole life. "Whatever you're comfortable with, you can do. I'm asking a lot of you... More than I want to. More than I deserve to." This was a grave she had dug for herself, but she was doing her best to claw out of the pit and once more breath fresh air. "I'm sorry, Taet. I hope you can forgive me for this..."

Radius || Open - bear - 11-19-2014

Taet listened to her carefully as she spoke again, sitting up partway in so he could watch her face as she spoke. Her concern read clearly on her face, and he almost felt bad for somehow missing it before now. But at least at this point, he was able to see it and react to it. Or, well, sorta. He nodded slowly as he listened to her explain what he needed to do. That she wasn't just asking him to stay, but begging him. That she was demanding he remain hidden. He smiled softly at that, glad to feel wanted, even if it was just for his own good. When she finished, and apologized, he shrugged, a little confused by the thought that she needed to apologize, and putting a hand on her shoulder, gently.

"I'll stay, really. I will. But you don't need to feel bad about making me stay. I don't mind. You're doing me a huge favor, and I'm thankful. I'll do what you ask. Dax...you're the first person I've met who didn't try to return me to Coan, and I appreciate it. I want to make it up to you. I want to at least do something for you."

He shrugged again, the unconscious development of his antennae had ceased, and had been undone, since the anatomical feat was now possible. The knowledge that he was able to do this appeared in his mind, and his eyes widened briefly before narrowing to a normal width again, and he glanced toward the Lepi he was sitting with. The thought of shaping himself to look like a more masculine version of her appealed to him in some vague way. He wasn't sure how to take that, but he did know the thought came from the same place that most of his other feelings like that came from: simple programming routines designed to make those he served feel more comfortable.

He fought it back down and withdrew his hand, only now realizing it was still resting on her shoulder. He felt a strong sense of kinship with her. As though she had undergone this sort of thing before. Maybe it was her words, maybe it was the way she fought strongly to keep him here. Whatever it was, it made him feel warm and wanted. Like he mattered, and it was a nice feeling. He wanted to keep it going. Wanted to keep up with her. Make sure she was okay. Help her in any way he could.

"You don't have to ask me to forgive you. You haven't done anything wrong."

He felt himself smiling, which struck him as odd, but he ignored it for now. To him, in this moment, the only thing that mattered was making sure she didn't regret this decision.

Radius || Open - Kat - 11-20-2014

[/img]"http://i.imgur.com/FYpuFlo.png" style="avatar" style="max-width:25%;float:left;margin:0 18px;]If what he said was true, why did she feel infinitely guilty?

A hand rested on her shoulder, firm as it radiated a warmth similar to what she expected to feel, and she placed her own over the back. Holding it, Dax gave her fingers a squeeze to ensure Taet he was right. The plan would pan out out if they could keep everything copacetic between them; no harsh words or accusations needed. "I appreciate your honesty." The Lepi didn't stop the android from pulling back, but her voice wavered ever so slightly as the he did so. "You could have kept it secret, and I'd have been oblivious to what was going on." Maroon orbs seemed attached to him, investigating his features every chance they got, even if it meant he would catch her. What else was there to do about the stranger? They had been acquainted less than an hour and already she was asking him to move in. Despite circumstances, she knew there was more than he had given her to work with thus far, but it wasn't easy to ask. None of this was easy to talk about.

"I've never had anyone live with me..." Daxet started in her usual soft tones, pale lashes batting against equally pale skin. Her complexion was snow with a dusting of color, be it the blush of her cheeks or the dark tan markings running the length of her sides. Pink lips formed words unaided by heavy cosmetics, lush and smooth with their formation like there was a secret message behind them. "Not in my apartment, at least. I don't even get much company." The latter part was meant to sound less pathetic than it did, but catching the connotation never did relieve the awkwardness it caused. Based on how she looked, one would have been of sound reasoning to assume she lived a lavish lifestyle full of promiscuity and chaos, but hers was a quiet existence. It struck her odd he had paid for her time, yet now she was asking for his, but it was a passing thought she didn't have the attention span to linger on.

As it was, she was still incredibly high.

"Could you... could you just lay with me for a while?" Already she had broken away from the end of the bed, headed opposite where he lay to nestled into the pillows. The sheets were clean, the pillow cases laundered, but this wasn't the spotless apartment she had grown so fond. Even being in the foreign bed made her nervous, and uninhibited, she may have excused herself to leave entirely. Now though, in the wake of their problems, Dax wanted to rest. She wanted to curl up with Taet and stare off into space until there was nothing left in her system but a belly full of distress and a frame of sore muscles. Already she was tired, but she was also stimulated, her mind working at a speed she didn't think was possible when sober. It was almost too much to process as the array of senses swarmed her like the ebb and flow of the tide. In and out, constant and static.

"You don't have to, but I-..." From where the Lepi rested, it was obvious her state. "I just don't want to be alone..."

Radius || Open - bear - 11-20-2014

Taet was slightly surprised by her request that he lay with her, but he wasn't the type to refuse such a request. Gently, he moved on the bed, embracing her from behind and holding her. He hoped this was what she'd meant, as otherwise, he was going to look like a fool. Still, his warmth against her back was a thing now, and he could feel her skin against the ceramic plates that served as his skin. His arm rested across her stomach, his eyes full of the view of the back of her head. He was so grateful to her for her kindness in this. In giving him a place to stay. Of protecting him from his pursuers. He was lucky, to be sure, and despite having no current interest her in terms of sex, he was curious about her past.

After all, his was known to him, but she was still somewhat of a mystery. Her history could've been much like his, and he suspected it was. At some point, she was a fugitive like him, and that she'd managed to escape had only been the first part of things. She had ended up here, stripping and fucking to make ends meet and work her way towards her real goal of escaping for good. Something he could understand with clarity. But it was possible he was wrong. She could have just as easily been a slave who had been bought and freed. Who understood his needs due to her time serving others. She understood his search for freedom, even if her perspective was warped. She could still have been something else entirely. She could merely have been a runaway who understood the feeling of fleeing.

He didn't know, but he wondered if it even mattered. She was caring for him, and although his curiosity was something he couldn't shake, he didn't have to ask her anything. She would share if she wanted to later. And if or when she did, he would listen. He would listen to her, and he would continue to serve her. To be hers. Not because she owned him, but because he had chosen to. Because he wanted to.

"You're not alone, Dax."