alonimi
Tentacl Avatar Archive - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Tentacl Avatar Archive (/showthread.php?tid=499)

Pages: 1 2

Tentacl Avatar Archive - Tindome - 11-07-2014

Since Tentacl is going away, I thought we could use a place to immortalize our favorite avatars so that we don't lose them forever and ever. We put a lot of work into designing these, after all! So, here's some of mine that I've managed to get saved so far.

<attachment id="10" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="12" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="11" thumbnail="1]

Tentacl Avatar Archive - Hobo_Bob - 11-08-2014

<font color="#59be15" face="courier new" size="2]i have.....so many.....T.T
But i'll add three for now.[/font]

<attachment id="19" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="20" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="21" thumbnail="1]

Tentacl Avatar Archive - yinepuhotep - 11-08-2014

I suppose it's pretty obvious right off the bat I'm not the graphics whiz other people are. Thanks to the advice I got here, I was able to get these images. and, no, I have no idea why it is they came in stacked instead of on a single line.

Tentacl Avatar Archive - Tindome - 11-08-2014

I think it might be harder to get them in Chrome, but basically in Firefox that thing where avatars fade doesn't work right? So, find a post that uses the avatar you want, and click on the avatar in the general vicinity of the... legs? That usually works for me and doesn't try to send me to 'customize'. You can open the image in a new tab or just save it, but what you end up with is a file called 'avatar.png' that's totally transparent and so on.

Tentacl Avatar Archive - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

Ooohhhh I did not know that. All the avs I stuck in the steampunk archive have backgrounds. :P Will have to try it tomorrow.

The hardest part of archiving is resisting the urge to delete the absolute garbage. There was a guy in one of my threads who had a giantess femdom fetish, so he roleplayed as a mostly-naked really tiny man who was constantly passing out and emphasizing how helpless he was while passed out. It was weird.If another, better poster vital to the plot hadn't acknowledged him I would delete him, fuck preservation.

Also interesting is seeing how many people posted in one of my threads once and then disappeared for months before reappearing to post consistently in a totally different thread (though most of them did ultimately wind up disappearing eventually). I guess they decided to take time off to think about things? Hm.

Edit: ... this isn't actually relevant to avatars at all, we were talking about archives and I got distracted :doof: To make it relevant: bad posters only get one avatar associated with them, because wow did they look awful anyway who cares. I am very tempted to make that one guy's avatar very tiny in all my posts.

OH LOOK MORE AVATARS

<attachment id="34" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="35" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="36" thumbnail="1]

Tentacl Avatar Archive - danixiewrites - 11-08-2014

^_^ It's a mite of an exercise in torture to -only- copy-paste when my copy-editing brain is hissing inanities at me about how EEEEASY it would be to simply "repair" the occasional spelling....capitalize the occasional word...strew about a happy, certain-to-be overabundant contingent of commas...

...because my editor loves commas. And, apparently, looking over my old posts and heckling my punctuation.

And I could, but I've let my novel absorb the death scene long enough, so I should...type other, more happierish scenes. (Oddly, outside of prose-style words, my editor is silent.) Loads more narrative summary too, so I can figure out how they're going to defeat the ship-eating creature without "rocks fall, everyone dies".

EDIT:  *facepalm*  Yep, you're right.  Here...some temp "the many faces of Sascha" avatars that I shall hopefully background fix tomorrow.  Bwha.

<attachment id="37" thumbnail="1]      <attachment id="38" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="39" thumbnail="1]

The Wisp thread was a pain, because shapeshifter = lots of different avatars for the same character. SO MANY WISPS. Here's Aleya, Jacqueline, and... sort of Jack. Jack leaning towards William, really, because he's usually quite effeminate so I would default to female avatars. Tentacl avatars did not lend themselves well to androgyny.

<attachment id="40" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="42" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="41" thumbnail="1]

Tentacl Avatar Archive - megs - 11-09-2014

<attachment id="46" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="47" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="45" thumbnail="1]

Nova/Keirnan

<attachment id="48" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="49" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="50" thumbnail="1]

Aisling/Priscilla/Rocket

<attachment id="51" thumbnail="1]<attachment id="52" thumbnail="1]
Rylan~ 

Tentacl Avatar Archive - danixiewrites - 11-09-2014

I'm too lazy to download/install Firefox and then redo the screens.  LAZY.  :P

<attachment id="63" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="62" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="64" thumbnail="1]

The ladies of Steam & Sugar: Ellie, Midge, and Rose

Another batch of lazy.  XD

<attachment id="67" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="65" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="66" thumbnail="1]

Lor/Harold from Radius, Mayhew and Sundry from Steam & Sugar

<attachment id="68" thumbnail="1]     <attachment id="69" thumbnail="1]

Tinder (now, with more clothes!), and Lyta Fiera (fox shapeshifter I've had prepped for IC for AGES but have yet to intro there) Blush 

Tentacl Avatar Archive - Hobo_Bob - 11-09-2014

I use chrome and just right click, save pic and I get the avi just fine.
=3