alonimi
Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Repository (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] (/showthread.php?tid=496)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 12-08-2014

Dollhouse
niyol sani
the wasteland
NSFW

On one level or another, every interaction was a transaction. Something given, something gained. Niyol preferred the more obvious variety, the kind where everyone involved knew exactly what was being traded and why. Tobacco for spices, meat for rice, goods changed hands and the deal was done. People who pretended to want nothing, they were the worst. What did they want in exchange for the friendship they offered? What would it cost him to accept what they gave?

Even if he weren't Mai's older brother, even if he weren't the only other Sani, he thought he probably would have preferred whores.

Whores were simple. He gave them what they wanted, and they gave him what he wanted. Physical intimacy without emotional requirements, admiration he didn't need to earn. He liked new whores, for the reason that he liked all new things, the intangible feeling of newness that came with the unfamiliar. And he liked expensive whores, because he liked expensive everything, a status symbol on his arm and in his bed.

Still. They couldn't always be the newest, the nicest, if only for convenience's sake. There were no whorehouses in Dinétah; the nearest one outside the borders, they were far from the nicest. But they were adequate and he was willing to settle for that. Dolly's, it was called, and they called the girls dolls. His dolls – and he thought of them as his, the two he always paid for – they weren't quite perfect. Millie was actually a brunette, and she did something horribly wrong with her eyebrows, although he didn't know enough about eyebrows to say what. Emmy matched her hair to her lipstick, and badly, with too much of both.

They were comfortable, anyway, like a ratty old sweater was comfortable. They knew what he liked, and they were willing to adjust if he was in a mood. They didn't complain when they didn't see him for a while, didn't complain if he spent extra to add a third.

He was brushing Millie's hair, now, all down her back with a boar bristle brush he'd bought her just for this reason. Wasted on her, when her hair was fried all to hell and back, but it was the thought that counted. She was sitting in his lap, slotted neatly onto his cock, while Emmy gave long licks to the spot where their bodies met. The base of his cock to Millie's clit while she tried not to move and disrupt his brush. They were very good at this game by now, timing touches so she'd twitch and tighten in a rhythm without his having to move.

When he was done playing with her hair, he wrapped his arms around Millie, let her take the brush from him so he could fondle her breasts. He didn't bother trying to touch Emmy's hair; his hands would wind up trapped. Probably literally filled with bees, that particular hive.

"Let's do the… thing," he said, gesturing vaguely. It was all it took to get them moving, Emmy sitting upright and Millie pulling herself off of him. "Good girls," he said, though he was feeling too lazy to put much conviction in the praise. Emmy positioned herself against the headboard, spread her legs wide; Millie lowered herself, arched her back as she began driving her tongue between Emmy's legs.

His cock was still slick, and Millie was far from a stranger, so it was no work at all to push the head into the tight ring of her ass. She made a muffled sound against Emmy's clit, but it was never quite as nice as the sound she'd made the first time he'd done it.

That was the other nice thing about new whores. Harder to tell when they were lying.

He ran his fingers through blonde hair, wrapped it around and pulled it tight so she'd tighten around him while he pushed deeper. More muffled sounds, but the feeling made Emmy gasp in her stead. It was nice, that way, that every time he rammed back into one girl her tongue would push into the other, fucking a woman with another woman. And whatever Emmy's flaws, her breasts were not one of them, big and bouncing things he was free to squeeze and tug as he pleased.

His hands left Millie's hair so he could squeeze one of Emmy's breasts, push a thumb into her mouth that she sucked without his having to ask. She didn't need to be asked, either, to grab blonde hair and push her face harder into her cunt, like Millie didn't need to be asked to slide her fingers between her legs. A lovely little system they had, though it felt a little predictable.

Their moans got louder, twitching hot and wet and tight around him and grinding their hips toward release he'd gladly take credit for, regardless of his own contribution. He murmured filth that sounded like sweet nothings, thing he'd never have said to a woman who could understand him, and they were always happy to assume he was saying what they wanted to hear. Deeper, harder, until his cock twitched inside her to fill her with his seed.

He rolled over when he was done, not bothering to check if either of them had finished as well. Flattering if they did, but he didn't actually care, not this time. They snuggled up to him, whether they had or they hadn't, sweaty and affectionate and smelling like cheap perfume. "Good girls," he muttered, half asleep.

They weren't. But it wasn't their fault he'd only felt like paying for adequate.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 01-25-2015

Unlike many sad-sack self-loathing coffeeshop patrons, Ika Nui could not tell himself that the cute barista didn't know he existed. She almost certainly did. She recognized him, and so she knew very well that he came into her cafe every morning without fail and ordered whatever seasonal beverage had the most sugar in it. It was barely even coffee.

They did not talk, which was Ika's fault, because he was not talkative. He spent his mornings irritable, felt slightly better after the cute barista told him to have a nice day, and then it was all downhill from there. Still, it would have been nice to be able to tell himself that she did not know he existed, because then he could pretend that things would be different if she did.

He did not know exactly how many Maori with Ta Moko were in the United States – let alone in Atlanta, Georgia – but he was without question the only one who patronized the Galactic Grind. She would have had to be blind not to notice and remember the only guy in her shop that was two meters tall with black ink all over his face.

On this particular morning, Ika did not actually have work. He wore a suit, anyway, because he didn't want it to be obvious that he was going out for coffee and then just going home. He would much rather leave his barista with the impression that he worked seven days a week with no casual Fridays.

She wasn't always there. Maybe she just assumed their days off coincided. It wasn't weird. He definitely wasn't being weird.

He was being weird.

Her nametag said Nova, and there was no polite way to ask if that was her real name. It might have been. She looked like the sort of person whose parents would have named her Nova, blue-haired and freckled with ears full of metal. Nova was probably a name that made a lot more friends than Ika Nui.

He loitered at a distance from the door to finish his cigarette, put it out against the bottom of his shoe and threw it out in an alley trash can. He could see through the window the distinctive blue that meant Nova was working, and he tried to ignore that it pleased him to see it. By the time he made it to the counter to order, there was already a mug waiting for him.

This was unusual for a number of reasons. One of them was that he always brought his own cup, because... pollution. The environment. Et cetera, et cetera. But this was not one of their cardboard to-go cups, was instead a china mug that seemed like it was intended for employees.

The other unusual thing was that he did not have a 'usual' for her to have made him. He hesitated.

"I'm trying something new," she said, leaning against the counter across from him. He did not let his eyes go lower than the choker she was wearing, a brass pendant in the shape of an octopus in front of her throat. "I thought you could be my guinea pig." Her voice sounded like a dark shade of blue, like late twilight on a clear day.

He looked down at the cup, pushing his glasses higher on his nose. It looked suspiciously like coffee, as opposed to a hot milkshake that had once seen a coffee bean. "What's in it?"

"It's a secret," she said, pressing a finger to her lips. He wondered how she kept her metallic blue lipstick from coming off. "You're just going to have to trust me."

His eyes flicked between her impish smile and the cup in front of them. There were no other customers waiting, and so he supposed it couldn't hurt. Probably. Setting his travel mug down, he picked up the cup with both hands and brought it tentatively to his mouth. He sipped. His eyebrows shot up.

"This is good," he said, before realizing it was probably offensive to sound surprised. "What is it?"

"Lavender mocha," she said, taking his travel mug. "You just drank flowers," she added, fluttering her eyelashes.

He looked at the mug in his hands thoughtfully. "So if I had an allergy–"

"What!" The pitch of her voice went high, bright and sort of yellow. Her eyes went as big as saucers, pale blue things almost colorless. "Do you–?"

"No," he said, "I was just curious."

"Oh my god." She put her hand over her heart, closed her eyes and bent at the waist to rest her forehead on the counter. "Oh my god. You scared me!"

"Sorry," he said, trying not to smile and taking another sip of the drink.

"I would have died!"

"Technically speaking, I would have died."

"Oh my god," she said, standing back up and pressing her palms to her cheeks. "Don't say that! That's horrible, oh my god. I would never be able to flirt with anyone ever again."

He choked on his mocha, glasses slipping lower. "Nn – what?"

She blushed and looked rueful. "Obviously it didn't work, since you just accused me of attempted murder." She was shading into a royal purple.

"At worst I accused you of criminal negligence."

"That's not better!" she said, crossing her arms over her chest and half-turning her back towards him.

"Someone on trial for attempted murder would disagree."

"If I'd known I was going to be put on trial I wouldn't have even offered it to you!"

"I think that's how most people feel about whatever they're put on trial for."

"Do you do this to every girl who tries to buy you coffee," she asked, "or am I just really unlucky?"

He looked down at his cup. "As of right now," he said, "you are the only woman to have ever attempted it. If that's. What this is."

"It was what I was trying to do," she said, putting her hands on her hips. Even in her work apron, she was very... hourglass-shaped. While Ika was more yardstick-shaped. They were two entirely different units of measurement. He tried not to stare.

"You're hitting on me?"

"Oh my god, I get it, it was a bad idea," she said, tucking some hair behind her ear and turning pink as she stood at the cash register. "Just tell me what you actually want so I can get your drink and hide my shame." Her voice was consistently purple, now, and he missed the blue.

The cute barista had been trying to flirt with him, and he had accused her of criminal negligence. After she made him a special drink. What the fuck was this morning.

"Lunch," he said, setting down the lavender mocha.

"What?"

"What I actually want. Is. To take you out to lunch. Sometime. If. If you want." He adjusted his glasses nervously.

She narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, but she was fighting a smile. "Really? You're not going to put me on trial again?"

He hesitated. "I cannot guarantee that," he admitted, and she laughed. "I'll try."

"Hmm." She rang him up for a vanilla bean chai latte with almond milk and extra whip without asking first. "I'm free between eleven and one today," she suggested.

"I can do that. Do. Be. Here. At eleven. If you want me to pick you up. To go... out."

She grinned as she walked backward with his cup. "That is usually what a date entails, yes," she said, the color of the evening sky.

Was that a yes? He thought that was a yes. He dug out his wallet as he watched her make his drink, dropped five dollars in the tip jar as much out of habit as anything.

"On the house," she said as she handed him his mug. "See you here at eleven."

☙❧

Whatever else he might have said about Kheira, she was a very good gardener. The garden was probably the best part of his house. The house itself was 'cozy', which meant that everything was too small and it looked like it was designed by and for small children in the 1950s and had seen no maintenance since.

It was not a nice house. But it was a lovely garden.

"What's a good flower?" he asked, circling around to the koi pond immediately rather than bothering to go into the house first.

"Depends on what you want it for," she said, currently elbow-deep in something vile that she was using on the roses. "Ask out the blue-hair chick?" Kheira's voice was a consistent dark green, and when it wasn't it meant something had gone horribly wrong somewhere.

"Yes. Sort of. Kind of. She might have asked me out first. I'm not sure."

Kheira cackled more than laughed. "Get her a venus fly-trap or something, she'd probably be into that."

"That doesn't sound very romantic."

"You want me to snip off some of these roses?" she asked.

"You know how I feel about dead plants." He considered cut bouquets to be just about the opposite of romance, pretty but useless and doomed to wither and die. They were a chore, not a gift.

She stood up and immediately tried to rub fertilizer on his suit, and he recoiled, taking long steps backwards that her shorter ones could not match. She laughed as she wiped them off on her jeans, instead. "So you want to bring her flowers, you want them to be alive, and you don't want them to be a chore. You know you can just buy silk flowers, right?"

"That's not the same."

She grabbed a terracotta pot from a pile of them near the shed, and knelt down in a different flowerbed. In no time at all, she was handing him something small and blue. "African violet."

"Shouldn't it be purple?"

"It can be blue," she said with a shrug. "You wanna bring her a potted plant on your first date or whatever, that's probably the least shitty one."

"Least shitty is not really a ringing endorsement."

"How's about fuck you for an endorsement? You taking your little pot of shit-dirt to a fancy restaurant or what?"

He hesitated. "It's just a casual lunch," he said.

"Oooh, you should take her to the place," she said, "she looks like a hipster, she'd be totally into that shit."

"She's not a – she might be a hipster. I don't know. Maybe she's already been there. I didn't ask where she wanted to go, fuck."

"You didn't invite her out for coffee, did you?" Kheira asked with a cheshire grin.

"I'm not that stupid," Ika said, brushing a thumb over one of the violet's petals.

"Are you suuuure?" she asked, leaning forward with her hands on her hips. "Because right now it looks like you're gonna wear a fancy suit to take a hipster chick to an empanada truck, and you're bringing her a potted plant you dug outta your garden."

"That's. When you put it like that, it sounds. Bad. I should–"

"Nah, stick with it," she said, hitching her thumbs in her pockets. "If she doesn't like it she won't like you, no point dragging it out. Besides, maybe she's got a fetish for dudes in suits. Probably makes the job easier." Kheira waggled her eyebrows.

"I don't think she has a fetish," he said, and he could feel his face turning hot.

"You're kind of thinking about it now, though, right?"

"Shut up."

☙❧

He was in the parking lot by 10:30. Compulsive earliness was a problem he had. He dealt with it by sitting on the hood of his car and chain-smoking.

She probably didn't mind that he smoked. Surely she'd noticed by now that he reeked constantly of cigarettes. He was almost certainly going to get lung cancer in a decade or two, in a few years his teeth would be yellowed and rotting out of his head. She must have been willing to tolerate that, if she'd said yes to going anywhere with him.

He shot upright when he saw her stepping outside the coffee shop, dropping his cigarette immediately and crushing it under his heel.

"You're early," she said with a smile, sky blue, and he hoped she didn't know he'd already been here for twenty minutes. "Did you come here straight from work?"

"Not... exactly."

Her eyes fell on the violet as she shrugged her messenger bag higher on her shoulder. She paused. "Is that... for me?"

He looked at the little pot in his hand. "It was. Blue. And it's supposed to be. Easy. Low maintenance. Not that you're, uh. I didn't want it to be. A chore."

Gently, she took it from him, lacing her fingers with his in the process. He jammed his hands awkwardly back into his pockets. "It's beautiful," she said, turning it in her hands. "This is so sweet." She looked up at him and smiled, and his heart caught in his throat. "I know exactly where I'll put it."

"Good," he said. "Good. I'm... I'm glad you like it. I'm really glad."

"So where are we going for lunch?" she asked, still holding onto the violet.

"I was thinking we could. If you don't mind. Empanadas? There's a food truck. Or we can go somewhere else. I don't mind."

"Empanadas sound good," she said, and she looked so pleased to see him he thought he might burst.

Metaphorically.

He opened the passenger door to let her in, slid into the car beside her. He had to hurry to turn off the radio after the car started, because it was entirely too early in their acquaintance to confront his love of bluegrass murder ballads.

"'Sexual Slavery in the Twenty-First Century'," Nova said, and he realized with some horror that she was reading the title of a book he had left on the floor of the car.

"That's not – that isn't – that's for work," he said, but he was pretty sure that did not improve matters. "Not that kind of – I'm a lawyer. It's. About. Legal stuff."

"So I don't have to worry about you making me your sex slave?" she teased.

"No! God, no, never, I would never. Not that. I would tell you? I guess. Um."

"I don't think you're a rapist," she reassured him with a smile, setting the book back down.

"Statistically speaking there's no real way to tell until–"

"Ika." He stopped talking, because that was the first time she'd said his name outside the context of giving him his drink order. It sounded indigo. "Are you trying to explain the reasons why you might be a rapist?"

"... not... no. I was. Speaking objectively." He was pretty sure he was warning her of his potential to be a rapist. Fuck.

"I don't think rapists try to be objective about their potential to be rapists," she pointed out, and he couldn't look away from the road to confirm, but he thought she probably had that impish smile again.

"I'm flattered that you trust me not to rape you," he said. "Or make you my sex slave." He turned into the old strip mall parking lot where the food truck made its stop during lunch hour, near an ongoing construction site.

"Unless I ask nicely," she said in indigo again, and he processed her words on a delay as he parked.

"Wait, what?" She giggled and hopped out of the car without answering. "Wait," he said, and his seatbelt took ten times as long as usual because he was distracted and flustered. "What?" he said again when he was out of the car, but she had already flounced away to order.

☙❧

"These are really good," Nova said, sitting on a bench with him with a paper plate in her lap.

"I'm not sure the health department has ever even seen this thing," he said, "so I apologize in advance if you get food poisoning."

Nova began to laugh hard enough that she had to cover her mouth, and he didn't know what to make of her amusement. "You're really not making this easy," she said in purple, "between telling me you could be a rapist and that you're going to make me sick."

He blushed, fidgeting with his glasses. "I was. Trying to avoid general misconceptions. And I didn't want you to be unprepared. Although I've never gotten sick here before. I like people to have all the facts."

"So give me some facts about you," she said, nudging him with her shoulder. "Aside from the fact that you're a lawyer who likes pumpkin spice machiattos and not raping people."

"It's true," he said, "I don't like raping people." He took a sip from his bottle of root beer. "I, uh. That. Might cover it. I'm not very. Complicated. Or interesting."

"I'm interested," she said. "What's your favorite color?"

"Purple," he said. "Technically lavender, but that might seem... convenient."

She grinned. "Mine's yellow," she said, which surprised him. "I just look better in blue." She winked, and he could feel himself turning red. He was not equipped to handle cute girls winking at him. "What's your sign?"

"I have no idea," he said. "I don't believe in that kind of thing."

"Hm. When's your birthday?"

"December sixth."

Nova pulled out her phone, and he didn't know why he felt relieved that she didn't know these things off the top of her head. "You're a Sagittarius!" she said. "You are a... fiery centaur archer."

"I have no idea what that means."

Nova scrolled through something on her phone. "Apparently it means you are jovial, good-humored, and optimistic."

"I have found a flaw in this system."

"You also value freedom, honesty, and intellect, but can sometimes be tactless," she added, not to be discouraged.

"I'm not sure we needed an app for this."

"Ooh! This says it will tell us how compatible we'll be based on our star signs." He wanted to object, but she was clearly enjoying herself, a very excited maroon. "What do you think it'll say? Do you think we're meant for each other?"

"I find the idea of destiny philosophically and ethically objectionable," he said, which was not remotely romantic.

"Even soulmates?"

"I don't believe in souls," he said before he could stop himself, "and find the idea of one true love to be both depressing and limiting."

She didn't seem to actually be listening to him, and he did not blame her. He wouldn't listen to himself if he didn't have to. The fact that anyone ever listened to him was a travesty. "Okay, so," she said, looking very serious as she entered information into her phone, "if we enter Libra and Sagittarius we get... oh, good. You'll be happy to know that the stars think we'll do fine."

"I'm glad the stars approve," he said dryly.

"We'll get along well because we're both so adventurous and fun–"

"What."

"–but according to this, I need to watch out, because I need a reliable partner and you're too independent."

"I can see how that would be a problem," he said, and she grinned.

"I also need to make sure not to let you pressure me," she said, reading off her screen in sapphire, "because I'm very sensitive, while you're into kinky stuff."

"You're just making that up," he accused, trying to see her screen. She held it out for him, and it did indeed say that Sagittarius liked kinky sex. "This is why I don't believe in astrology," he grumbled.

"You mean you're not into kinky sex?" she asked, and she pouted dramatically as she said it. He couldn't tell if she was actually disappointed, or just pretending to be as a joke.

"I. That. Is a very subjective word. Open to interpretation." His face was on fire. Nova laughed.

"I'm sorry," she said, and she took his hand and squeezed. "I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable."

"It's fine," he said. "I just. Can't tell if you're trying to make me think about kinky sex with you. Or if I'm just a pervert." Tactless honesty was, indeed, his default mode of communication. It was why he did not often communicate with people he wanted to like him. He was slightly better at tact when he was working, but not by much.

"You're not just a pervert," she murmured in indigo, and her cheeks turned a faint pink that made him want to kiss her. "Why do you think it's depressing?" she asked, and it took a moment to realize she meant soulmates.

He turned his hand around beneath hers so that their palms were facing each other, and their fingers laced together in a way that felt perfect. "It... invalidates relationships," he said. "If everyone has one true love, then every other love is. Fake. That doesn't seem fair. Just because I don't love someone anymore doesn't mean I never did. It invalidates every emotional connection that didn't last until you died. So. I don't like it."

She squeezed his hand and leaned on his shoulder. "That's sort of romantic," she said.

"Don't tell anyone," he said. "They'll take away my license to practice law."

☙❧

"Thank you for lunch," she said when he dropped her back off at work. "And for the violet."

"Thank you for joining me," he said, "and liking the violet."

They stared at each other.

"Are you forgetting something?" she prompted.

"Am I?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. With a huff of annoyance, Nova gave up on hinting and took him by the tie to pull him downward. "Mmph!"

He had forgotten something. Specifically, he had forgotten to kiss his date. He had forgotten than sometimes people liked being kissed as much as he liked kissing them, and he had forgotten just how very much he liked kissing people. He didn't mean to back her into the front window of the cafe, it was just a thing that happened as a side effect. All he'd wanted was to kiss her, to cup her face in his hands and draw her tongue into his mouth and press his body to hers as best he could when she was holding a potted plant. She was soft and warm and moaned in pastel purple that he could almost taste, and she smelled like coffee grounds and marzipan.

When he finally managed to pull his mouth away from hers, they stared at each other again. "Sorry about your lipstick," he said.

"Ditto," she said, and he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and it came away blue.

"Sorry," he said again.

"I'm not complaining," she purred. She fixed his tie one-handed, and he tried to get his glasses to stop being slightly crooked. "See you tomorrow morning," she said, giving him a peck on the cheek, and it wasn't a question.

Of course, it wouldn't have to be. He came in every morning. He wouldn't even know what to do with himself if he didn't have that to look forward to. Except now he also had special drinks and soft hands and messy kisses to look forward to.

He had a feeling he was going to start being late for work very regularly soon.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 05-14-2015

Nic Fit
grayson crawford x nadine pascal-said
valesport
NSFW
that werepoodle au

except also some kind of domestic au
aka a nesting series of increasingly bizarre scenarios as an excuse for tinny to write weird filthy porn

The collar was unnecessary. Absolutely, unquestionably unnecessary. Come sunrise, she'd be able to walk right out of it. If she really wanted to, Nadine could pick the lock on the thing right then and there.

She did not, because Grayson was trying to prove a point, and now so was she.

He'd bought her clothes, but she wasn't wearing them. Instead she wore a sweater, with the top button missing and a hem that fell to the middle of her thighs. Nadine was not large at the best of times, but in this particularly sweater she looked downright tiny.

She had a sneaking suspicion that he was trying to find glasses in her prescription. Which was almost cute, except he was not buying her the one thing she actually wanted.

Cigarettes. Cigarettes cigarettes cigarettes. She wanted nicotine. She tapped her nails impatiently against the white ceramic of her mug, sipping absently at her tea. His house smelled like bleach and expensive carpet shampoos. The fluffy ears resting in her mane of black curls twitched at the sound of something being thrown aggressively away upstairs. Her mind made up, she set her mug down and made her way to Grayson's office.

"I'm not taking it off," was the first thing he said when she opened his door, followed by, "get out of here, I'm working."

"I know," she said, to both or neither. "Just thought I should tell you I'm going out."

That made him stop whatever he was doing on his laptop, spinning in his chair to look at her. She may or may not have posed a little in the doorway, showing off her legs as she stretched against the frame. "Really," he said. "Going where, exactly?"

"The store," she said with a shrug.

Grayson raised a single eyebrow, pushing his glasses higher on his nose. "The store," he repeated. "I'm not giving you money for cigarettes."

"I know," she said, adjusting her sweater and very pointedly adjusting her breasts beneath it. "I'll be fine."

Grayson, slightly blurry from her perspective, narrowed his eyes. "... are you threatening to become a hooker if I don't buy you cigarettes?"

"I'm not threatening anything," she said, crossing her ankles and clasping her hands behind her back, holding her sweater down over her tail so it couldn't give her away. "I am just stating a series of facts. From which you may extrapolate what you will."

Grayson sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I will put you in jail again."

He did not actually mean for-real jail, where he might have to explain to someone why he had a half-naked woman in a collar with a tail. And where she might be able to get cigarettes. And would probably be able to walk right out the door in the morning.

What he actually meant was a large cardboard box on which he had written the words 'gay baby jail' in permanent marker, and which she was not, in her other form, large or strong enough to escape.

"Don't you dare," she said, aquiline nose crinkling with a reflexive show of teeth. Grayson put his hand over his chin to pretend that he was being thoughtful instead of amused.

"Go watch TV or something," he said, clearly dismissing the idea that she'd be going anywhere at all.

Nadine pouted. "You like me better when I'm a dog," she accused.

"Yes," he agreed immediately. Nadine huffed, tossing her hair as best she could when the curls were so short.

"I can pretend," she said suddenly, sweetly, eyes shuttered with the heavy fringe of her lashes, "if it'll make you play nice."

"Please don't," he began, but it was too late. Nadine sank to her knees with entirely too much ease, pressed her palms to the floor and stretched herself out until she was on her hands and knees. Hips high and shoulders low, she looked up at him, sweater ridden high enough that her tail had escaped.

"Better?" she asked.

Slate grey eyes tried and failed not to trace the shape of her. "Not remotely," he said after a moment's hesitation, but the lie caught in his throat.

Nadine resisted the temptation to grin, but her tail gave her away, anyway.

"What about this?" she suggested, rolling onto her back so curls cascaded near his feet, back arched and slender legs in the air like a pinup. "Is this good?" Green eyes were wide as he tried to avoid meeting them.

"Please get off the floor," he muttered, rubbing the bridge of his nose beneath his glasses.

Nadine rolled onto her knees, but this time launched herself forward, practically pouncing to position herself between his knees before he could figure out what she was up to and stop her. "But you don't let me sit in your lap anymore," she protested, pressing her breasts against him and her fingers into his thighs. She cocked her head to the side, one ear up and the other down, and fluttered her eyelashes.

Grayson groaned, gritting his teeth, putting his hands on her shoulders to push her away but then leaving them there instead. In an instant she'd undone another button on her sweater, let it fall from her shoulders to rest at her elbows and leave her breasts exposed. His hands slid lower, and she pressed against his palms with a pleased sigh.

"I'm tying you up next time," he said, but the threat didn't have much bite.

"Promise?" she asked, fingers finding their way to the fly of his jeans. He did not so much groan as growl, but as her tongue found his shaft the sound died. He released her to fall back in his chair, running a hand through his hair, watching the eager way she licked at his cock. Her lips wrapped around him, and her head bobbed in his lap, the tip of his cock pressing against the back of her throat each time.

He tangled his fingers in her hair, twining through curls. When they curled against her scalp, some brushed against an incongruous ear, and Nadine made a small sound of surprise muffled by his skin.

That was interesting.

He waited a moment for her to resume her ministrations, her expert tongue and the slick friction of her lips. Then he rubbed his fingertips very deliberately at the base of her ear. Her perfectly practiced blowjob came to a halt, a high-pitched gasp against his cock replacing it. Immediately he began using both hands to massage her ears between his fingers, soft and silky and apparently very sensitive. Despite a valiant attempt to resume what she'd been doing, she was soon not so much sucking as panting, tiny whines muffled and utterly unlike her usual husky confidence.

Holding her still as his fingers rubbed circles in her skin, he slid his cock from her mouth to hear what she sounded like without it. Wanting little moans, almost needy, leaning herself into his touch. He rubbed the head of his cock over her open mouth, smearing precum over her lips, watched the almost-absent way she licked at it.

Experimentation gave way to desire, complete control for as long as it took her to wrest it back. He thrust into her mouth, into helpless and breathless cries, against her throat until he triggered a long-dormant gag reflex. She winced, and he realized he'd started holding her ears too hard. He took her by the hair, instead, and though he kept thrusting she relaxed. She looked up at him, and as green eyes met grey he came, cock twitching on her tongue.

When he let her go she leaned back off of her knees, sitting on the floor at his feet. She swallowed and she licked her lips, running fingers over her chin to make sure she didn't look a mess. She reminded him more of a cat than a dog, pretending to be nonchalant as she adjusted her hair and gently rubbed the ears he'd so recently abused.

She'd made no move to cover her breasts, and Grayson leaned forward to trace circles around tight nipples. "You're cute when you can't talk," he said, and while most people would have been referring to her mouth being full, he preferred that moment of incoherence.

Nadine rolled her eyes, but Grayson hooked a finger in the collar around her neck, using it to pull her forward and upright. Closer and higher, until he'd draped her over him, used his hands on her thighs to position her straddling him. "I would have been better off hitchhiking to a smoke shop," she said, "and leaving you out of it entirely."

Instead of replying, he bent his head to press his lips to her breast, holding her nipple between his teeth and sucking. She braced her hands against his shoulders, and he put his hands on her waist. He took his time before switching to the other, suckling at her until she was squirming in his lap. Sensitive almost to the point of being sore, he tested it by cupping her breasts and running the pads of his thumbs over her nipples. Her face gave away nothing, but her ear twitched, and he tried not to grin.

Holding her collar again, he slid his other hand beneath her sweater, between her legs to find her unsurprisingly soaked. He was hard again, and he pulled her closer; she pressed herself down, and in an instant he was buried in her, her hips rocking.

"That didn't take long," she purred, pleased.

"I wasn't done," he said, and he pulled her face closer to his by the collar so he could kiss her. She still tasted like him, a mouth he'd taken even though she tried to give it, her body a tight sheath on his cock though her thighs were splayed wide over his.

He released the leather around her neck so that he could hold her by the hips, pulling her down as he thrust upward. Breasts and curls bounced, and she expressed her pleasure in a low hum. They rocked against each other, settling into a rhythm; her mouth couldn't seem to stay away from his, her fingers tracing the shape of his jaw and and the curve of his ear, digging into his shoulders only to return.

Turning the chair, and both of them with it, he used one hand to carefully slide the contents of his desk to one side. His minimalist tendencies helped, since there wasn't a great deal to get out of the way. He pulled out of her, and Nadine pouted.

"Done already?" she asked, feigning innocence.

"It'd serve you right if I was," he said, setting her on the emptied space of his desk. "Turn over," he ordered, and Nadine raised an eyebrow.

"The legs of this desk aren't as tall as yours," she pointed out, prodding him in the knee with her toe.

"So keep your knees on the desk," he suggested. Nadine rolled her eyes, but did so, spreading her legs as Grayson adjusted the height of her hips. There weren't a lot of comfortable positions at her disposal, all told, so she rested her head on her forearms while she waited for him to get situated. Her sweater had bunched up near her shoulderblades, the heavy knit sleeves pulled up over her hands as she gripped the edge of his desk.

"That seems a bit too low," she observed, trying to look up over her shoulder at him.

He slid his cock between her legs, then brought it higher, pressed the now-slick tip against her ass. "Does it?"

"Oh! Hm." She hadn't thought him the type, but she made that mistake about a lot of people. "I suppose," she said, and his hands gripped her hips as he slowly pushed inside of her. Her breath caught when the head entered her, and a gentle rocking accompanied his pushing deeper.

Experimenting again, he ran his hand along her spine, then rubbed his fingertips at the spot where what should have been her tailbone turned instead into a tail. Immediately her back arched, and with the same tiny cry from before she pushed against him. She had none of his concern about hurting her, though that may have been his fault. Buried inside her now, he slid his hand along her back, giving her a second to catch her breath.

"Does that actually feel good?" he asked, because while it seemed like it did, he couldn't actually tell.

"Yes," she said immediately. "Fuck me, that is – that is so fucking unfair." She rubbed a hand over her hair and her ears with a low whine. "It doesn't work when I do it! God damn it."

He rubbed his fingertips at the base of her spine again, and immediately her complaining stopped.

That was going to be extremely useful.

With a hand at her spine to rub his thumb against her tail, his other hand grabbed her by the hair, barely touching her ears. As he started to thrust, her pleased panting rose and fell in pitch. Because he only had two hands, he decided to keep the one in her hair where it was, holding her down while his other arm wrapped around her. Two fingers slid inside her, slick and hot, thumb pressing against her clit while his cock continued pumping in her ass.

She was a squirming, whimpering mess beneath him, unable to decide which particular stimulation she most wanted to intensify. He pulled her hair to turn her face so he could see it better, ramming hard into her as he did it. She crested, tightening around his cock and his fingers, a ragged scream of satisfaction; he kept going, even as she went all limp, until he'd cum inside her a second time.

It took him a minute to get his bearings, leaving her on his desk as he sat back down. He found a tissue to wipe off his hands, tried and failed to fix his glasses and his hair. He was almost definitely going to need to shower, now. "Now will you get out of my office?" he grumbled.

Nadine slid off his desk to collapse onto his floor, not at all concerned with the mess he'd made of her. "Are you going to buy me cigarettes?" she asked back, making a half-assed attempt to get her sweater over her chest before giving up on the whole endeavor. Sitting flushed and rumpled at his feet, a sheen of sweat on her skin and his collar around her neck, she almost looked cute. On a whim, he grabbed his camera from the far side of his desk; she didn't object when he took a picture of her, remaining still and letting him pretend it was candid.

He had no idea what he'd do with it, but hell. Might as well.

"No," he said flatly, setting his camera back down, and she kicked at one of his ankles. "And I'm buying you a leash."

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 05-17-2015

Reunion
not-yet-jean cernunnos & alisdair
not-yet-valesport

"Ye're alive."

He'd sensed him coming from a ways off, but had continued to stand in the woods looking thoughtful and lovely, as if he hadn't the faintest idea. Using centuries of practice, he turned his head in the most attractive way he could, a toss of his hair and a flash of teeth. Then he paused.

"Why," he asked with disgust, "did you bring a crossbow?"

"Because I got a letter," Alisdair said, not putting the crossbow away and not coming any closer, "from someone claiming t' be you."

He blinked, a flutter of eyelashes. "Yes?" he said. "You did. From me. I was claiming to be me." This was not as romantic as he had planned for it to be, and he twirled around and put his hands on his hips.

"I thought ye were dead," Alisdair said, coming closer now, looking awestruck.

"Well," he shrugged, "only a little dead."

Alisdair stopped, a familiar flicker of irritation passing over his face. "A l'il dead," he repeated.

"A wee bit," he said. "They only cut my head off."

Alisdair put his crossbow away, but only so he could rub at the bridge of his nose. "Only. They only cut yer head off."

"Yes," he repeated with a frown, "and I am still very upset about it. You cannot have failed to notice my hair." He ran his hands through it with a tsk of irritation, let it fall just barely to his shoulders. "Would it have been so hard to pull my hair through? Mais, non. They cut it! You cannot even imagine how upset I was when I woke up, Alisdair, you simply cannot. I was inconsolable. It was wretched. Have you ever seen it so short? And it was shorter still! Monstrous."

"René–"

"Non! No no no, it is Damien now. A new world, a new name. You must call me Damien now, or I will not answer."

"Ye named yerself for the devil?"

"Oh, it is very fashionable now, I promise."

"Damien, how are ye alive?"

The man in question shrugged, buffing long and pointed nails against his vest. "Someone put my head back on. I had thought you would be the one to do it, mais, non, not even that! I had to wait, what? Decades! So long, Alisdair, that when I woke there were bugs in me." Alisdair recoiled. "Do not look at me so, it is not as if they are still there. I got rid of them. Obviously. What do you think I am? But it would not have been a problem, would it have, if you had put me back together sooner."

Alisdair threw up his hands. "Ye ne'er told me!"

"How was I to tell you when I was dead?"

"Before ye were dead!"

"What was there to tell!" He also threw up his hands, and they were shouting in each others' faces, now, requiring Damien to bend to reach the shorter man. "I was in two pieces! I ought to have been in one! It is simple math, you buffoon! It could not have been more obvious!"

"Reheading a corpse isnae obvious to anyone!"

"It was to Molly!" he said triumphantly, and he stood straight and crossed his arms, turning his head away from the shorter man.

"Who th' hell is Molly?"

"Molly," he said, "was an archaeologist. She was very clever and put my head back on – unlike some people – and she was quite nice and I would make introductions if she was not dead."

"Dinnae tell me ye killed her," Alisdair said with disgust, and Damien put a scandalized hand over his heart.

"Alisdair," he said, "when is the last time I killed someone? Directly? And on purpose?"

"Well I wouldnae know, would I? I havenae seen ye in a hundred years or so, I dinnae ken what ye've been up to."

"And whose fault is that. But Molly died of old age, I will have you know. People do that sometimes. Not me, but people. Other people. Or so I have been told."

"Is this why ye brought me here?" Alisdair asked, spreading his hands. "T' make me feel bad about thinkin' ye were dead?"

"A little," he admitted. "Mais, non." Damien suddenly twirled, every inch the dancer he had once been, gesturing around them with a grin. "Do you like it?" he asked.

"... the forest?"

Damien sighed, lowering his hands. "No, not the forest, you imbecile. The land! My land! Here, I will show you where the house will go, I have the perfect spot."

"Your land," Alisdair repeated, as Damien took long-legged strides away from him. He followed, though he did not indulge in the taller man's occasional cartwheels. "Stop showin' off," he yelled finally, followed by, "... is that a coffin?"

Damien came to a dead stop, did a fast twirl on the heel of one foot, and bent at the side to see past the trees to where Alisdair was pointing. "Oh," he said, straightening and waving a dismissive hand, "that. Yes, that one is mine, do not worry."

"Yer coffin," he repeated, and he did not move from where he was standing. "From... when ye were dead?"

Damien was growing impatient, so he came back to where Alisdair was, gloved hands taking his and trying to pull him along. He failed, of course, because no one could move Alisdair when he did not want to be moved. Not even Damien, not even at his strongest. "No, no," he said, "I just bought that. There is a craze for vampires now -- I told you, it is all very fashionable."

Alisdair, still standing still, slowly furrowed his brow. Damien circled him, and attempted to push him by the shoulders. Predictably, it did not work. "Ye got a coffin," he said, "so ye can pretend t' be a vampire."

"We can discuss this later, Alisdair," he said impatiently.

"It wasn't enough," he continued, crossing his arms as Damien dug his heels in to try and get traction, "t' tell people ye're a vampire and look like ye. Ye got a coffin. And ye stuck it in the woods."

"I do not tell people," he said, pushing at Alisdair with such force that he pushed his feet away from him, such that he was near parallel to the ground before he gave up. He pushed off of the shorter man to move himself unnaturally stiffly upright, as if he was a rake someone had stood on. "I insinuate. But then I – well, it is a funny story, actually. You would have loved it. Mais, non. You would have hated it. But I would have loved to watch you hate it."

"René–"

"Who? I apologize, monsieur, I do not know of whom you speak."

"Damien, what did you do?"

"Ah, well, as I say. It was very funny. The woman who inherited this land – and I will not say lady, because I assure you, she is not – she is under the impression that I am a vampire. She has left me this land, because she does not think she will need it. She is heading back to England, now, where she has somehow gained the impression that I am a Duke and she will be my Duchess. The coffin was rather a necessary touch, I fear, as she is most wretchedly nosy little baggage. We can only hope that her ship sinks--"

"René!"

"I do not know who you keep scolding, but he must have done something terrible to you, monsieur. Do not feel bad for her, anyway. Her tears tasted of spoilt milk, just the most awful little thing. You would have hated her."

"That doesnae mean ye should've lied to her."

"I did not!" he insisted, putting his hands on his hips. "I did not say a single thing that was untrue to her, Alisdair. She decided on all of these things herself, I assure you. I tried to dissuade her, but she insisted."

"This doesnae count as followin' the rules of our agreement," Alisdair warned, pointing a finger at him.

"I do not see why it would not," he said. "You said you do not like it when I lie, and so I have not lied. You cannot expect it to be my job to correct every misconception–"

"–deliberate misconceptions!"

"–and I agreed to nothing, regardless! Out of the kindness of my own heart, I do these things, no matter how unreasonable your demands–"

"I didnae demand anything except basic decency–"

"Damien?"

Their shouting match was interrupted by a small voice, and both men looked up simultaneously. A woman in a pale pink dress, trimmed in a shade of yellow so awful that even Alisdair did not care for it, was standing beside the coffin.

"Now look what you have done," Damien hissed at Alisdair. "Mademoiselle," he then called, sweetly. "I had thought your ship departed?"

"I told them to wait," she said slowly, "so that I could... get one last kiss..." She looked up to the sunny sky, and back down to Damien.

Damien looked to Alisdair. He looked to the woman in pink. Alisdair watch with interest.

"Portia," he said suddenly, "I am so sorry, mademoiselle, for I did not want you to see this."

"Damien?" she asked, at the same time as Alisdair warned, "Damien."

He gestured dramatically to Alisdair. "For, you see, he is a vampire hunter–"

"Oh sweet Christ."

"–and he has chased me here."

"Insinuate, my arse."

"You must away, dear girl, else I fear the distraction of your beauty will give him the upper hand."

"That's just mean."

"Oh, no," she said, "but I will just explain to him! That you are reformed, and we are in love--"

"Fuck's sake," Alisdair said, and rather than continue the farce, he pulled his crossbow out and shot Damien directly in the heart. Damien, as surprised as anyone, attempted to protest, and coughed up blood. Portia, to her credit, did not faint. Just screamed, and ran as fast as her skirts would allow. Damien hunched over, attempting to pull out the bolt now sticking out of his chest. Alisdair came closer, and helpfully yanked it out for him. Damien scowled at him as he retrieved a handkerchief, coughing blood into it as the wound healed.

"She ran away! Did you see how quickly she ran? I cannot believe she would run away. She loved me!"

"Not enough, apparently."

"You shot me," Damien accused petulantly, "in the heart."

"You started it."

"Why the heart?"

"It felt right."

"That hurt."

"Love hurts, Damien."

"Why did you even bring that?"

"I told you, I thought someone was... impersonating you."

"So you – wait." Damien stood straight, wiping blood from his face as he did so and stuffing the handkerchief into the hole in his shirt. "Were you going to kill him?" Alisdair put his crossbow away in silence. "You were! You were going to kill someone for me." Damien clapped his hands together in delight. "That is the most romantic thing I have ever heard of, Alisdair."

"It isnae like that," he said between grit teeth.

"You were going to avenge me! You must have missed me awfully. Were you upset? You must have been terribly upset. Did you mourn me? Did you wear black, Alisdair, did you weep for me?"

A glint in his eye meant he'd pressed too far. "That's it," Alisdair said, and before Damien could retreat Alisdair had wrapped his arms around his waist and lifted him entirely off the ground. Though much taller than Alisdair, Alisdair was the more sturdy of the two, and even Damien's legs were not long enough to reach the ground when he was balanced on the man's shoulders.

"Alisdair," he said, "you put me down immediately. This is extraordinarily undignified. Put me down you imbecile, this is not funny."

And while Alisdair did drop him, he was nonetheless unsatisfied, because it was directly into his coffin. On which he closed the lid, sitting on it before Damien could get his bearings and get out. "Dinnae ken why ye're complaining," he said to the muffled thumps beneath him. "I put ye down."

"Let me out, Alisdair, you let me out of here immediately!" Damien's attempts to escape were shaking the coffin, but with Alisdair on the lid, he remained trapped. Alisdair yawned, crossing his arms and settling in.

"How's about this," he suggested. "It's been a few hunnerd years, now, and we both know ye can use a contraction as well as anythin'. And here y'are, in America an' everything, an' ye still act like ye've ne'er heard of an apostrophe."

"That is because you have used them all, you sheep-buggering moron!"

Alisdair snorted. "So what I'm thinkin' is, ye say yerself a 'don't' or a 'can't' or an 'I'm', an' I'll let ye right out quick as anythin'."

"I will do no such thing you unbelievable – you insufferable pissant."

"See, now, if ye'd just said 'ye're an insufferable pissant', I'd be lettin' ye out by now."

Damien's attempts to break the casket apart ceased. Alisdair listened for more comments. There was nothing, and there was nothing for long enough that Alisdair decided to lay down on top of the coffin. In part so he could hear into it better, though it was also a bit more comfortable, in a morbid sort of a way.

Because they were both unbelievably stubborn, it was a half-hour before Damien said anything.

"Thank you," he said quietly. "For coming. Even when you thought I was dead. I did not mean for you to miss me, but I am happy that you did, carissime."

Alisdair sighed. He frowned. He sighed again. He rolled off of the coffin. "That's cheating, céadsearc," he began, but before he could even finish lifting the lid Damien had pounced on him. With the element of surprise, he managed to knock Alisdair backwards and to the ground, kneeling on top of him and looking terribly pleased with himself.

"Ha! You fell for it!"

"Aye, silly me," he agreed with a roll of his eyes, "to think ye had a heart."

"You know very well I have a heart," he said, "because you shot me in it. And ruined a very expensive coat, I should add."

"Ye have plenty of coats."

"Had! Had! I lost them all, Alisdair, when they cut my hair!"

"... ye mean yer head. They cut yer head off."

"Yes, but that got fixed. I am still very upset about my hair, Alisdair. Wretched little peasants. I would kill them, you know, if they had not died of being... old. And peasants."

Alisdair could very easily get Damien off of him, but he made no move to do so, lying in the leaves and the underbrush instead. "Will ye stop sayin' peasants like that?"

"I will not," he sniffed. "They are wretched."

"No one who plays a reel as well as ye do gets t' complain about poor folk."

"I am not," he said. "I am complaining about peasants. Peasants are distinct. Peasants do not appreciate my skill with a violin."

"Is that so."

"Yes! Everything is all fun and games, but a gentleman shows up playing the violin and suddenly it is all Diable! Diable! and everyone is running and trying to set me on fire. You know how I feel about being set on fire, Alisdair."

Despite himself, Alisdair laughed, and Damien pretended not to be pleased at his success. "Ye're full of it, that ne'er happened."

"It did!" Damien insisted. "You were there! I swear you were. Or perhaps it was Elijah?" Alisdair scowled. "There was a little girl, you know, she had to help me. She said it was because I was too pretty to be the Devil – what a terrible job her priest must have done."

"I dinnae believe a word o' this."

"I swear that it is! I told her that I was an Angel of the Lord–"

"Oh, Christ."

"–and that everyone else in her village would go to Hell, because they did not recognize the divine."

"That's sacrilege."

"Oh, piffle. I was not lying."

"... yes. Ye were. That's the verra definition o' lying. That was a lie, that ye told."

"I mean. It was no more a lie than the existence of Hell in the first place."

"Men who cannae die dinnae get t' talk about the afterlife."

"Elijah would have told me if there was a Hell, Alisdair. I was in Rome when all this business started! No one said anything about a Hell. That was very recent."

"Ye're ridiculous," Alisdair sighed. "So show me where ye're gonna build this house o' yers."

"Oh! Yes, we got interrupted, did we not? Here, come, it is not far." He practically pranced, looking very spry for someone who'd just taken a bolt to the heart, while Alisdair followed with more of a heavy trudge. "Right here!" he said with a twirl. "It will not be a palace, not like the old place. There were these houses I saw in Boston while I lived with Molly, they were quite small but I adored them, Alisdair. We will build five of them! We can move between them depending on who we are trying to avoid. It will be just lovely, I assure you."

Alisdair looked around. "The town is over there," he said, pointing.

"Yes," Damien agreed, "for now. But it will flood, you know, sooner rather than later. The Natives might have warned them, but well." Damien shrugged, making a face and throwing up his hands. "They will deserve it, when it happens. And they will rebuild! And they will build around here, and soon the main street will go right here where this stump is right now, and we will throw the most marvelous parties this continent has ever seen."

"That's all well an' good," Alisdair said, "but right now the closest thing to ye is that church over there."

"I thought it would be funny," he confessed. "We will live in wonderful sin and we will wave to the church from our bedroom window."

"Will we, now?"

Damien had the grace to look abashed, for a moment, before feigning ambivalence. "Not that I need you, of course. I can live here perfectly well without you."

"Ye ken how t' build a house."

"Of course," Damien said, crossing his arms.

"How, then?"

"It is not difficult," he said. "You take a tree," he said, gesturing to one, "and you... cut it. Into squares."

"Uh-huh."

"And then you stack them. Into a sort of... cube," he said, roughly outlining a cube in large sweeps of his hand.

"A cube. Yer house is gonna be a cube."

"It will not stay a cube," Damien said, defensive. "Of course I will... add things to it. As I go along. To make it less of a... cube. The cube is just to start. It is a good shape. A starter shape."

"Fuck's sake," Alisdair sighed. "This is just... sad. Ye're like a snake that cannae dig its own burrow. Just lost without a place to steal."

"I am not a snake," he said, deeply offended. "Just watch. I will build a fantastic house, and you will be terribly jealous, but I will not let you visit. Not even for a party."

"I'll build yer house, ye ninny."

"Oh, thank goodness." Damien practically collapsed onto Alisdair's shoulders, kissing his face noisily and enthusiastically as Alisdair squirmed and made half-hearted attempts to bat him away.

"Dinnae get too excited," he said. "I'm makin' ye help."

"I will be marvelously helpful."

"Pawin' at me dinnae count as helpin'."

"... I will be moderately helpful."

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 05-27-2015

Technicality
kreska ido & karek
terran allied forces academy

Kreska woke with very little fanfare. She yawned, and she blinked at the chrome of the ceiling, and for a moment it did not occur to her that she was awake.

"You're awake," someone said, which was what brought it to her attention that she was. She grunted an affirmation, and with a significant amount of effort, turned her head in his direction. Then she smiled.

"Doctor Li," she said, and her mouth felt like it was full of cobwebs. He dragged a chair to her bedside, eyes glowing briefly blue as he ran some kind of diagnostic.

"Kreska," he said in return, and she was always so grateful that he never called her Ms. Ido. "How do you feel?"

She considered the question. "Sore," she said finally, because her entire body was a dull ache wrapped in cotton wool. She grasped through her mind for the more important question that had thus far eluded her. "Did I win?" she asked.

Li looked chagrined. "You almost died," he said, and she frowned.

"Yeah," she agreed, "but did I win?"

"You've been asleep for four weeks," he emphasized. Kreska said nothing, pressing her mouth into a thin line and jutting out her chin as she waited for him to tell her what she wanted. He made a sound like a sigh, disregarding his lack of lungs. "The record for the Crenik Run is then-cadet Robinson's time of one-hundred and thirty-four Standard minutes." Kreska sucked anxiously at her lower lip, because it hurt too much to bite it. She thought she'd done better than that. But it was hard to tell, when everything had gone all... wibbly. "You delivered the package in... sixteen minutes."

Her face immediately split into a wide grin. She tried to throw up her hands, but immediately realized the error of her ways as pain stabbed through her. She settled for wiggling pleased fists in the bed, as Li seemed ready to hold her down if he had to. "I knew it," she declared. "No one's ever going to beat that record, not ever."

Li clasped his hands under his chin, and she didn't know how to interpret the face he was making. "It's not a record," he said.

"... what?" She blinked. "You just said... I beat the old record."

"And you were disqualified," he explained, "for cheating."

Slowly, her face fell. "What?" she asked again. For reasons she could not explain, everything seemed to hurt more. "That's... not possible. Crenik has no rules. It's a no-limits race. That's the whole point."

"You disabled your limiter. You broke warp."

"There's no rule against that!"

"Kit shuttles aren't designed to break warp," he said, as if she did not already know that. "You could have blown up. You rammed quite a few of the other shuttles."

"People always ram other shuttles," she protested, because it was true, even if it theoretically went against the purpose of the Crenik Run.

"Not at warp, they don't. You destroyed three ships, not including your own, and you nearly died. Those are unacceptable losses."

"That's–" Kreska swallowed the expletives sitting on her tongue. "Stupid," she settled on instead, disconsolate.

Li had a curve to his mouth that was not quite a smile, because to smile now would be unkind. "You know," he said, "the whole time I've been here, people have been saying how strange it was, seeing you so quiet and still. You've got a reputation for a real filthy mouth." He smoothed out the edge of her sheet, unwilling to touch her when she was still in such a delicate state. "You must have picked it up on the station," he said, "but I've still never heard it."

Her face turned a slightly darker shade of green, and she looked down at her hands. "So I'm being completely disqualified?" she asked, changing the subject. "I don't get a grade, even?"

Li made that sighing sound again, and ventured to reach forward and take her hand. It felt indistinguishable from a human, aside from the fact that she knew better. Humans didn't hold her hand. "You're being court-marshaled," he explained gently, and she winced. "You're... probably going to be expelled."

She scowled, and risked raising her other hand high enough to rub at her eyes. "Tired," she said as an explanation, and she knew it was a poor one. "Don't even care," she lied. "Their loss. If they want to kick me out for not even breaking any rules, that's whatever. I don't even want to be in their stupid thing. They're the ones that invited me."

Kreska was so angry she wanted to vomit. But she wasn't going to do it in front of him.

"How did you do it?" he asked.

"What?"

"Your shuttle was wrecked," he said, "and you almost died. But it should have exploded. And you should be significantly more dead. I'm a good doctor, but I'm not that good. I want to know how you did it."

She swallowed down her rage so that her throat would function properly, dropping her shaking hand to her side. "I wasn't in warp for more than a minute at a time," she said finally. "I just... inertia. I didn't brake when I came out of it. So I warped and coasted and warped and coasted. Landing was... that was the hard part. But I think I did okay. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would."

"You were probably in shock," he said.

"Probably," she agreed.

"That is the cleverest stupid thing I've ever heard of," he said, and she smiled.

"You've heard a lot of those?" she asked.

"I could tell you some stories. I won't, but I could." He patted her hand, then let her go. "Now that I know you're... okay... I'm going to get your intar. You're going to be sleeping here a while still."

Kreska huffed. "I don't need it."

"Yes," he said as he stood, "you do. Don't argue with your biology."

"Easy for you to say," she muttered at his back as he left.

She really hated hospitals.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 05-28-2015

Houseguest
dr. nadia said & dr. marcel pascal
las ballenas

Once a week, Dr. Nadia Said cleaned her daughter's bedroom. Dust accumulated fast in the southwest, over shelves and comic book and records. The records had been her before they'd been her daughters. But she'd left them for her when they'd left her, and she'd made them hers. They were her daughter's records, now. Her daughter's shirts from concerts that Nadia had gone to, her daughter's hockey jersey even though she had never played. They didn't fit Nadia anymore, anyway. Maybe they also wouldn't fit her daughter. There was really no way of knowing.

She closed the door and locked it behind her, and listened to the sound of her husband coming home. His steps were distinctive, the thump of his shoe and the click of his wooden leg.

They could afford something nicer than the peg leg. It had sentimental value, and he thought it looked stylishly piratical. It was, in every way, quintessentially Marcel.

There were other steps, quieter steps. She had a sneaking suspicion. She adjusted her glasses, and swept down the steps. She gathered her shawl and her knitting from the living room, and brought them with her to sit at the dining room table. That was always where Marcel liked to bring guests.

Her hair had begun to gray years ago. The shawl and the knitting were theoretically gratuitous, but she liked them. If she was going to look old, she might as well look old. Fifty was the new forty, but she'd already been forty. She was done with forty. Fifty was much more interesting.

"Nadia!" Marcel said with some surprise, and she raised an eyebrow as she looked up from her needles. Through her glasses, he glowed a faint green. The pale young blonde who was his guest was a more distinctive red. She adjusted her glasses with a curl to her mouth. "I didn't think you'd be in here." He descended on her to kiss her in a way that should have been uncomfortable with company. Dr. Pascal had never been good at restraining his affections. "This is one of the new grad students, Stephen Mills. Stephen, this is my wife, Dr. Said."

"I've heard wonderful things," he said, holding out a hand. Nadia kept hers on her knitting needles, and made no move to accept the gesture. Marcel shook his head behind his wife, and Stephen let his hand fall.

"I'm going to go throw something in the oven," Marcel said, because he had very particular ideas about hospitality. "You go ahead and have a seat," he said to Stephen. "We're going to be working closely together, so two should probably get acquainted." The squeeze he gave her shoulder was almost pleading. Please be nice, he did not need to say.

She would not be nice.

"It's nice meeting you," Stephen attempted when they were alone.

"Drop the act," she said flatly, still knitting. Stephen smiled slowly, and he did not keep his fangs retracted. "Enchanted ring?" she asked.

"You're very clever," he said, "but you're well past your prime. A little old lady, knitting and everything."

"You shouldn't have brought Marcel into it."

"He invited me right inside. Didn't even think twice."

"Of all the stupid shit you could have done," she said, "you had to bring Marcel into it."

"Do you remember my brother?" he asked.

"No," she said, and she didn't even need to look up.

"Two years ago."

"No."

"Cincinnati."

"I cut his head off," she said this time.

"So you do remember."

"No," she said. "It's just what I do." She finished her row, and waited before switching hands. Stephen hissed, which was almost disappointingly stereotypical, and attempted to rip her throat out. He was stopped by a knitting needle through his jaw, up and penetrating into his brain. Even the dead tended to need a minute after something like that.

"My husband," she said, looking him in eyes that were rapidly starting to bleed, "is going to be very upset with me about this. That's your fault, asshole." Then she yanked the wooden needle out of his head, and jabbed it into his heart. She released it to let him fall to the floor. She sighed, and looked at her unfinished scarf. She'd have to be careful to get all the blood off the needle before she could work on it again.

Marcel returned to the dining room with scones, which he immediately dropped, scattering across the floor. Nadia sighed.

"I was only gone for ten minutes!" he exclaimed, running his hands over his scalp, wide-eyed with horror.

"It was an eventful ten minutes."

"Was he dangerous?"

"Not to me. But, generally, yes."

Marcel rubbed his hands over his face. "How am I supposed to explain this?"

"Don't," she said. "If anyone asks, send them to me."

"Are you going to kill them, too?"

She considered the question seriously. "I might," she admitted. "It depends on circumstances."

"Nadia, honey..."

"Please ask me before inviting any more grad students into our home."

"Not every grad student is a monster!"

"Debatable."

"What are we supposed to do with the body?"

"I'll take care of it," she said, and Marcel groaned.

"What if the neighbors see?"

"The neighbors will keep their mouths shut if they know what's good for them."

"Did you just threaten to murder the neighbors?"

"Yes."

Marcel sighed. "I really liked Stephen."

"You like most people." She stood. "Go make monkey bread or something. By the time you're done I'll have this taken care of."

"You really can't keep doing this," he said, though he shifted toward the kitchen in surrender.

"You knew what you were getting into when you married me."

"I didn't, actually."

"You figured it out eventually."

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 05-29-2015

Bad Decisions Are Contagious
valesport
rated nsfw for extremely unsafe workplace practices and pandas

what do you mean not every forensic lab has a vince masuka

"So are you going to uncuff me, or what?"

Grayson clapped a hand over Nadine's mouth. "Keep it down," he hissed. He took his hand off her mouth to point an accusatory finger in her face. "And, no, I'm not. I told you I was going to arrest you. I am arresting you. You are under arrest."

"You've been saying that," she said, "for a half hour now. And I almost believed you! It was very impressive. But you still haven't read me my rights, and this is not booking."

This was, in fact, the lab. She was currently sitting on a cold metal counter – table? desk? – far away from anything she could damage by kicking it. Because sometimes she kicked. Grayson was completely in control of this situation.

"You don't get to tell me how to do my job," he said.

"Actually," she said, "I'm pretty sure you get paid by, like, taxes? So you work for me."

"You've never paid a tax in your life."

"I pay sales tax."

"With other people's money," he pointed out.

"There is no ethical consumption under late-stage capitalism," she said loftily instead of denying it.

"Oh my god you're just saying words now, shut up, stop talking."

"Make me," she said, which he should have predicted, rubbing his hands over his face in frustration.

"Don't think I won't," he warned. "I'll do it. Do you think we don't have duct tape in here? We've got a lot of shit in here."

Nadine started to giggle, and when he tried to put his hand over her mouth again he recoiled when she nearly bit him. "Is that why you brought me here?" she asked, still grinning. "So you can threaten me with forensic science until I promise not to say anything incriminating to your boss?"

"Yes," he said.

That was a lie. He had actually brought her here because he had panicked. She'd called his bluff, and he was not remotely prepared to actually arrest her. When they'd pulled up to the station and she still hadn't surrendered, he'd... dragged her into his lab. Because that made fucking sense. Maybe he should have brought her to the morgue. Morgues were scary, right?

"Ooooh noooo," she said, rolling her eyes, giving her feet tiny kicks. Presumably she was trying to indicate that she was shaking in her boots. Her fucking ridiculous, high-heeled sneaker boots that she had bought with his goddamn money, along with the rest of her outfit, including the fucking panda socks to match her fucking panda nails. Where did she find these socks? Was there an emporium somewhere, dedicated to pissing him off and wasting his money?

The Batman bracelet was the offensive icing on the bullshit cake, and he wasn't even going to start with the cutesy little heart collar. God only knew how much she'd spent before he'd caught her. Too much, definitely too much, because it was absolutely not worth it and he definitely did not enjoy looking at her.

He grabbed her ankles as a precaution, because getting kicked with those spike heels was not his idea of a good time. "Don't make me get the ankle cuffs," he warned.

"Aren't you guys supposed to use zip ties now?"

He brought his face close to hers, ignoring the way she was practically vibrating with amused anticipation. "I'm old-fashioned," he said flatly, and he leaned back immediately, successfully avoiding her attempt to lean forward and surprise him with a kiss. "Now stay still," he warned as he let her go, "and be quiet."

"Or whaaaat," she asked, drawing out the vowel, eyes following him as he walked away. When he was too far behind her for her head to turn, she leaned back to watch him upside-down. In the process she hooked a heel on the edge of the counter and arched her back, and he pointedly ignored the pose. As well as the fact that he had a woman and a knee-panda staring at him upside-down.

This was so fucking stupid.

"I'm serious."

"You already ran my prints," she said. "I don't think you can fit me in a centrifuge. I also don't think you want me getting any of my DNA on most of your equipment. You really should have given me a hairnet."

"What did I just say about shutting the fuck up?"

"It doesn't really take much blood for a DNA sample," she continued, "so I'm not really worried about that. Unless you wanna explain why you have, like. A random bucket of blood in the lab."

"Oh my god."

"Hey, wait." She rolled over suddenly, pulled up her knees so she was kneeling on the counter with her dress dangerously high. With her hands still cuffed behind her back, she had to push her glasses up with her shoulder. "Can you actually do that here?"

He paused, looking up at her from the lab computer where he was pretending to work and was actually just scrolling through old files. "Bleed you into a bucket?"

"No!" She made a face at him. "I mean, DNA sequencing."

He narrowed his eyes at her as he adjusted his glasses, but she seemed to be completely serious. She wasn't making her fake-serious face, or her fake-innocent face.

Weird.

"We don't do DNA sequencing," he said. "This isn't a research hospital. We do profiling."

"Oh." She drooped with a little frown. "But, can't you still do that thing where it's like. Rainbow squares?"

"'Rainbow squares'," he repeated, and it was hard to keep glaring at her when she actually looked kind of hopeful. "Are you asking me to fingerprint you on a gel?"

"I have no idea!" she said, despite sounding very excited about it. "I don't know what that means! Would that make rainbow squares?"

"Yes." She perked up. "But we don't do that anymore." She sagged.

"I thought you were old-fashioned."

"Not that kind of old-fashioned. We just let the computer analyze it now."

"... does it look cool?" He should not have, but he brought up a file and tilted the monitor towards her. He was definitely breaking several laws right now. "That looks... not cool."

He shrugged, closing it and moving the monitor back. "Why do you care, exactly?"

She shrugged in return, and he really wished her thighs weren't so close to eye level. Every time he nearly looked up her skirt, there were goddamn panda guardians there, staring at him. Not that he was looking up her skirt. Ever. "Colorful representations of the core programming that make a person are rad?" she hypothesized.

He squinted at her.

"The building blocks of life," he said slowly, "... are rad."

"Pretty much?"

"What are you."

"You should run a... gel... test... fingerprint. To find out. Or do you not even have the stuff?"

"We have the–" He huffed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I am not using department resources to run unnecessary – and antiquated – analyses of you."

"You're just going to bring a destructive felon into a lab full of expensive equipment and important evidence, instead."

"So you admit you're a felon!" he said triumphantly, as if this was any kind of a victory. "And destructive."

"C'moooon," she coaxed. "It'll take, like. Five minutes."

"More like five days."

"What! That's dumb. You should work overtime. Chop-chop."

"I am not working overtime just so you can have some kind of... abstract molecular selfie." She cackled, tossing her head back and giving him a view of the metal heart over her throat. He sighed. "If I do this – and I am not working overtime, you can fucking wait, you should probably be in the database anyway – will you consider shutting the fuck up for five minutes?"

"You won't even know I'm here," she said sweetly, and he doubted that enormously.

"Fine. Fine." He pulled open a drawer to find a pair of gloves, and she wiggled with gleeful anticipation.

Yup. Yuuup. Just... at work. With a woman on a table. Putting on gloves before he touched her, which she was way too excited about. This was all fine, and normal, and definitely not weirdly arousing jesus fucking christ what was he doing with his life.

"You need to rinse your mouth out first," he said as he pulled his second glove on. She raised an eyebrow. She looked at the sink. She looked back at him. She made vague, clearly half-assed gestures toward flailing her handcuffed arms at the faucet.

"Right," he sighed. "Right. You're still... yeah." He grabbed a paper cup and ignored her giggling.

"You could always uncuff me," she pointed out.

"No," he said sternly. "You've lost your hands privileges." She laughed again. "This sounds suspiciously like not shutting the fuck up." She quieted, but with an expression that spoke volumes, which should not have counted. "Don't drink it," he warned as he brought the cup to her mouth, "just swish and spit." She did as she was told, but raised an eyebrow. "Shut up," he added, even though she hadn't said anything.

He opened up a pack of swabs and set up solution wells, glowering all the while, taking her jaw in one hand to open her mouth. He was definitely not noticing how obediently she opened her mouth wide for him while he swabbed her cheek. Because that would be stupid. So, so stupid. And it was completely necessary to take three samples, because redundancy was good. He sealed up the wells and stuck them in the incubator, and pretended not to be pleased that she'd actually stayed quiet.

... which was how he heard someone coming down the hall.

She yelped as he yanked her down off the table, covering her mouth as he ducked behind it with her. It was not exactly subtle, what with the clattering of equipment and the sound of a body – however small – hitting the ground.

"... Crawford?"

He stood upright, leaving Nadine at his feet, trapping her between his legs and various boxes of gloves and swabs. "Yes, Sergeant?" he asked, attempting to sound casual as he splayed his hands out on the table.

"Are you alright?" she asked, coming around the various computers and pieces of equipment in her way so she could see him. "I thought you weren't coming in today."

"Yeah," he said. "Just looking for gloves." She looked at his hands. He also looked at his hands. His gloved hands. "Different gloves," he added, immediately peeling them off to toss them in the biohazard bin. "New ones. These ones are contaminated. But I couldn't find any clean gloves. Over here. Daryl must have been on my side of the lab. Contaminating my gloves."

Harding made a face.

"Not like that." He paused. "I... hope." He did not dare look down to where a tiny woman was surely grinning like a Cheshire cat on the floor. "I just wanted to get this started now," he said, jerking his head toward the incubator, "to... save time. Later in the week."

Harding nodded thoughtfully. "Is that from the, ah..." She gestured vaguely to her neck, presumably to indicate The Worst Case That Ruined His Life Forever.

... what was Nadine doing between his legs?

She had his zipper in his teeth. That was what she was doing.

"No." Harding blinked at his vehemence. "These samples aren't from there," he added, trying to keep the strain from his voice. He tried, and failed, to subtly nudge Nadine away with his knee. He cleared his throat, and hoped to god it covered the sound of his pants getting unzipped.

He was going to kill her. He was going to fucking kill her.

"Which case is it?" she asked, apparently not noticing the crisis in progress.

"Don't – don't – know. I don't know. Someone just left it here. With a note. For me to run it. I assumed you told someone to do that." It was taking a lot of work to keep his palms pressed against the counter. A lot of very difficult work, pressing very hard.

"And you didn't think to ask what it was?" she asked, raising an incredulous eyebrow.

"Oh. Well, you know. I'm just doing my job. Not paid to ask questions."

"... yes. You are." Both of Harding's eyebrows had now disappeared beneath her bangs, and he almost attempted a smile before recalling that would be more suspicious rather than less. His boss was staring at him while he got head. This was a nightmare. A literal nightmare. A recurring one, in fact. Although in that version he was the one handcuffed.

"Tha-a-a-at's yes, yes, you're right, that was a mistake."

She frowned. "Are you okay?" she asked, stepping closer. He held up a staying hand to try and keep her at a distance, gritting his teeth and reaching for en excuse.

"I went to the taco truck," he blurted.

He could literally feel Nadine silently giggling with his dick in her mouth.

At least it worked, since Harding made a face and took a step back. "Oh, no," she said, sounding disappointed in him, and, goddammit, the giggling was making her vibrate, this was awful, this was the fucking worst. "Crawford," she chided, "you never go to the taco truck."

"I know," he said, running his hand through his hair and attempting to will himself out of existence.

"Daryl goes there," she added. "With his... gloves..."

"I have made a lot of bad decisions."

"Well originally I came in here to see why the cameras weren't working–"

"Daryl," Grayson lied immediately. He'd actually become very good at disabling cameras, ever since his hobbies had become... strange. And focused.

"I am going to have a talk with him," she sighed, finally turning to leave. "Is he still here?"

"At his desk," Grayson said, voice high with strain and with no idea whether he was right.

"Go home before you vomit all over the lab," she ordered as she left.

"Yes sir," he groaned, and when the door shut behind her he sagged. "You," he snarled, reaching down to grab Nadine by the hair, and she cackled even as he pulled her up. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" he demanded, and she continued to giggle, pointedly pressing her lips together to remind him that she'd promised not to talk. "You are the fucking devil," he accused, using both hands to lift her up and turn her around. She wasn't quite entirely bent over the counter, because that would be too high, but she was high enough that her feet didn't touch the ground. "You are literally fucking Satan."

Hiking up her dress didn't take much effort when it was so short, and neither did pulling her panties down to her knees. He held her there and dug through the nearby cupboards and drawers with his other hand until he found a bottle of lube that hadn't been tampered with. This was absolutely not why they had this, and he absolutely did not care even a little. He poured it into his palm, smeared it over his cock before pressing it against her ass.

"Grayson," she squealed in surprise.

"I'm sorry," he said, "did you say something, dark lord, prince of fucking lies?" She burst into laughter, and the sheer honest delight in the sound did not help matters at all. Her laughter died with a gasp as he pushed his cock into her ass, not as slow as he should have been. He told himself that was her fault. She was as impossibly noisy as always, so he covered her mouth with his hand to quiet her, his face buried in her hair and his chest pressed against her back, the handcuffs still around her wrists digging into his stomach.

"Next time," he growled in her ear, "I am actually arresting you." This was probably untrue, the thrusting of his hips jerky and erratic because every muffled sound made him want to force his cock deeper. "All you had to do," he said through gritted teeth, "was apologize." He loosened his grip on her mouth for a moment to see if she had anything to say in her own defense.

"Harder," she gasped, and immediately he clamped his hand down again. It was too late, because he was thrusting into her hard and fast like she'd given him an order, her glasses balanced precariously on the tip of her nose where they'd been knocked down by the force of his body against hers. She was tight and hot and still smelled like him, like his soap and his beer and his bed, squirming and soft. He buried his face in her shoulder to muffle his groan as he came, hand sliding from her mouth to hear the way she panted.

"... Grayson?"

He froze, and so did Nadine. Slowly, he looked up.

"Daryl," he said, attempting to sound casual. As if this was a normal thing to be happening.

"Lace said you had tacos."

"... yes."

Daryl looked at Nadine. He looked at Grayson. "Did that... come with the tacos?"

Nadine turned her head to hide her face behind her hair, shaking with barely restrained laughter.

"Yes," Grayson said, because this could not possibly get worse so he might as well just fucking go for it, why not.

"Hola," Nadine squeaked before he could stop her.

Daryl looked at the mess of black curls on the table beneath Grayson. They still had not moved. "I thought you were gay," he said finally, and Nadine bit her lip, holding her breath to keep quiet.

"Yeah," Grayson said, adjusting his glasses so his hand would hide the twitch of his mouth. "This is a guy."

Nadine snorted, then swallowed the laugh with a whimper of pained restraint. "Is that... on the secret menu?" Daryl asked.

"Yes," Grayson said. "Very... secret." He struggled to remember his high school Spanish, which had not covered this scenario. "It's the... biblioteca." He immediately had to cover Nadine's mouth again, because she completely lost it.

"Is that what that means?" Daryl asked. "That explains a lot." Nadine laughed harder, gasping for air against Grayson's hand. "Look, I know you probably think I'm mad at you for telling Harding about the gloves and the camera–"

"–wait, what."

"–but you really did me a solid steering her away from the Büchner flasks–"

"–what–"

"–so you don't have to worry about me snitching." Daryl attempted to wink, but could not, and so instead blinked aggressively while pointing fingerguns at the couple. "Bro-code, right? We gotta stick together."

"Wait," Grayson said, but the worst coworker in the world was already leaving. "Wait," he said again, pulling away from Nadine and attempting to zip his jeans back up, wiping his hand gracelessly against his thigh. "Daryl, what the fuck have you been doing with the Büchner flasks? I swear to god–"

"Hey!" Nadine called as Grayson tried to run after him. "You could fucking uncuff me first!" She huffed, blowing a curl out of her eyes. "Cops," she muttered into the empty room.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 06-05-2015

Accidental Intermittent Roommates
grayson crawford x nadine pascal said
valesport
NSFW

Grayson woke up in the middle of the night because someone was ringing his doorbell. Repeatedly. He grumbled his way out of bed, into jeans, grabbed his gun even though he was very sure he wouldn't need it. Not least because the doorbell was being pressed in Morse code as the presser got impatient. W-A-K-E-U-P. As if he could sleep through that.

When he opened the door, Nadine was leaning on the doorbell. They looked at each other.

"Can I come in?" she asked, still holding down the button.

"Please stop pressing that," he said, rubbing his eyes.

"Is that a yes?" she asked, and she did not stop. He smacked her hand gently away from the button, closed his fingers around her hand to pull her inside. Her lipstick was worn, and a different color mingled with it, decorated her neck in places she seemed to have tried to smear away. She smelled like she'd been rolling through a dollar store's perfume selection.

"Been a while," he said mildly.

"Has it?" she asked, yawning as he shut the door and locked it.

Forty-eight days, he didn't say, because he didn't want her to know he'd been keeping track. She probably knew, anyway. He couldn't tell if the flannel she was wearing was a dress, or if she'd stolen someone's shirt. She was wearing sneakers instead of heels, and she looked smaller than he'd remembered. She shuffled closer to him, headbutting him gently in the chest, and he set his gun down so he could wrap both arms around her.

"The guest room is empty," he said. Nadine hummed and draped her arms over his shoulders as she nuzzled at his chest. "I have work in the morning," he added, and she hummed again, unmoved. "I'm not carrying you to bed."

"It's fine," she said, still leaning on him. "I'll just sleep here."

"You're not sleeping on the floor."

"I'll sleep where I want," she said, indignant.

She probably would, too. With a sigh, he bent to hook an arm under her legs and pick her up. "You'll sleep in the guest room," he corrected. Nadine did not protest, only snuggled closer against him with her arms around his neck. She was cold from being outside in the night, lightweight, and her knees looked like she'd scraped them. Despite his claims, he carried her upstairs and set her down on the foot of his bed.

"Guest room?" she asked.

"In a minute," he said. He left her for a moment, returning with a damp washcloth.

"I'll shower in the morning," she said with a pout, but he just used it as an opportunity to wipe the lipstick off her face. She sputtered and made a sleepy attempt to push him away. He ignored her, cleaning the lipstick from her neck and kissing her cheek on impulse. She sighed. "You missed me," she accused, kicking off her shoes. He let her take off her glasses, then took them to set them beside his.

"Nope," he said, discarding the cloth so he could unbutton her dress. He kissed her shoulder when it was bare, kissed again closer to her neck. Most of the smell was in her clothes, didn't cling as strongly to her skin. Her hair smelled like cigarette smoke and when he kissed her she tasted like cheap liquor. His hands slid down her as he undressed her, over the familiar shape of scars. He pulled away to look at her, and found bruises over her ribs; he splayed out his fingers, and wondered if he'd find thumbprints on her back. Her breath caught when he pressed, and he imagined her doing the same when they'd been made.

"You have work in the morning," she reminded him as he took off his jeans.

"That's why I'm going to bed," he said, and he pulled her higher on the comforter as he joined her. He rearranged her until she was curled under the covers beside him, her body nestled against his. "You're fucking freezing," he said irritably, and she laughed. He pulled the comforter higher, wrapping it tighter around her. "It's not even that cold outside."

Nadine was already half-asleep, and didn't argue as he held her. When he wrapped his arm around her, she laced her fingers loosely with his to hold the limb close. He held her tighter.

"Where were you?" he asked quietly, even though he knew it was cheating. More open and more honest when she was tired, because those were the only inhibitions she had to lower.

"The beach," she murmured, as if that covered it. "Maine," she added.

"Meet anyone?"

"Lotsa people."

"Was it... fun?" He didn't know how to ask what he wanted to ask, if she'd stayed safe, if she'd been hurt. If anyone had hurt her. If anyone had loved her.

"Mm-hmm." She moved a little, settling deeper in the pillows, hips fitted against his. "You'd've hated it."

He didn't know why that reassured him, but it did.

♡♡♡

Grayson woke up before his alarm, the barest light of sunrise coming through the curtains. He turned off the alarm pre-emptively so it wouldn't wake Nadine. He watched her for a while, sprawled out in her sleep. He stroked idly at his cock, and thought of how she'd felt pressed against his lap. He thought about waking her up, pinning her beneath him so she woke with him inside her. Gently, he slid the covers lower on her so he could see her, and she didn't stir.

Nope. Too tired. He wouldn't wake her up. He was an asshole, but not that much.

Still, he wrapped his fingers around his shaft, and kept stroking. She looked softer in her sleep, even skinny as she was. He could trace his fingers over her ribs, the jutting shape of her collarbones. Dark-skinned and delicate, perfect breasts that rose and fell as she breathed. He couldn't stop looking at those bruises, wondering whose hands it had been, what she'd been doing when she'd skinned her knees, who she'd been kissing who wore lipstick dark red.

What a strange place to hold her. What position could she possibly have been in? Why not her hips? Unless something or someone had been in the way.

He shouldn't have been thinking about it. He shouldn't have been thinking about her in other people's arms and hands, between their legs and between hers. Shouldn't have been assuming that she'd been fucking her way across the country. But he did, and he imagined it, imagined her looking at him like she wanted him to watch as he stroked harder and faster.

He came across her stomach before he could stop himself, trying to suppress a groan.

Well. He certainly had fucked up.

Nadine sighed, and he collapsed back down into the pillows as if he could pretend he was still sleeping.

"Did you just jerk off on me while I was asleep?" she mumbled.

He thought about denying it. "Yeah," he admitted. She shook with silent and sleepy laughter, and he smiled.

"Why didn't you just wake me up?" she asked.

"You need to sleep," he said, and she laughed again.

"Gimme your pillow," she demanded. "I'm gonna wipe this off."

"Ugh, no," he said, pushing her hands away. "Don't threaten me with my own sperm." She laughed so hard he dropped a pillow over her face to muffle it, and she pulled it away to bop him on the head. She cracked her eyes open to look down at herself, skin sticky.

"Does it look hot?" she asked as she fell back down, sprawling with her arms under the pillows.

"... yes."

"You should take a picture," she yawned. She was probably joking. But he slid out of bed, anyway, to get his camera. He climbed back into bed as he brought his camera to his eye, and Nadine pretended not to be paying attention. Different shots from different angles, and he straddled her legs to take another. "Do you need that many?" she wondered.

"I want plenty of options," he deadpanned, "so I can frame the best one."

She smiled. "Are you trying to tell me I'm a work of art?"

"No," he said. "This painting I just made. I call it..." He squinted at her skin through the lens, trying to decide what the mess of fluid looked like. "... Weird Bird. Mixed media." She laughed, and he didn't know how many pictures he'd taken of her before she stopped. Camera in one hand, he used the other to slide her panties down to her knees; she bent her legs so he could pull them off her entirely. He slid his own boxers down, let her wrap her legs around his waist. He took a picture of the look on her face when he pushed inside her, the arch of her back and the curve of her throat.

He was surprised, always, by how small she was. Not a kind thing to think, not a rational thing to think, but he always thought she'd be... stretched out. She came back covered in lipstick and fingerprints, and maybe it made him a little irrational. Nothing to forgive because she didn't owe him anything, but it would be a lie to say he didn't feel a little bit entitled. It would be a lie, as well, to say he didn't have a particular affection for fucking her in the early morning, when she wasn't awake enough to play games or strike poses. Barely more than limp, panting and gasping for air, moved more by his thrusts than her own will.

The birds outside the window and the shutter of his camera were louder than either of them. Even her voice was subdued when she was tired, and he stayed quiet to hear her. He didn't know what he'd do with the pictures, if he'd even keep them. When his blood had returned to his brain it would probably seem like a bad idea, picture after picture of a woman drowsy and bruised and splattered with cum, impaled on his cock and sunk into his pillows.

For now, she was beautiful. He'd lied, earlier: he'd missed her.

He pulled out before he came, and she flinched with a wrinkle of her nose. Then she smiled, and he took one last picture before setting his camera down. "Gross," she groaned, although he doubted she meant it.

"It's a good look for you," he said, and she threw another pillow at his head.

"Get me a towel, you dick," she yawned.

"I don't take orders from women covered in jizz." She laughed, and the sound of it followed him to the bathroom as he did exactly that, still giggling when he returned. "Are you going to be here when I get back from work?" he asked as he started to clean her up.

"Mm-hmm." She was already closing her eyes again; he'd been right when he'd thought she was exhausted. He knew better than to believe her, but he did. He kissed her forehead.

♡♡♡

Grayson was very quiet when he came home. Listening, because he wanted to hear if she was still there. He didn't actually need to be quiet, because immediately he could hear the TV. She was sitting on the couch, wearing his sweater and watching a movie, a bag of popcorn in her lap.

"Hey," he said, trying not to sound surprised.

"Hey," she said, turning her eyes to him with a smile. "Wanna watch Young Frankenstein?"

He dropped his things to descend on her, a muffled noise of surprise against his mouth as he kissed her. She set the popcorn aside, his knee pressing into the couch between her thighs. He pinned her against the armrest, tangled his fingers in her hair with a growl. Those other smells were gone now, just his soap and his shampoo and her cigarettes. She wore nothing beneath his sweater, and he didn't undress, unzipped his jeans to free his erection before hooking her knee over his arm.

"Grayson," she gasped against his mouth, and he kissed her again. She whimpered this time as he pushed into her, not enough time and not enough foreplay, but her arms wrapped around his shoulders.

He wasn't usually like this, didn't think he was usually like this. Ever since she'd come back–

Come back, come home. He wanted to be a home that she didn't want, but she'd come back. Other people and other places, but he was the one she'd come back to. His house, his clothes, his bed. His, his, his.

He was claiming her, replacing all those other bodies with his. Those bruises bothered him, like someone else had encroached on his territory, broken some rule by leaving a mark he couldn't wash away. Thrusting into her grew easier, wetter as her whimpers turned to moans, arching into him. He kissed her again, hands sliding up her body beneath the knit, and she shivered.

"Grayson," she sighed again as he buried his face in her neck, hands on her breasts.

"Nadine," he groaned, and his teeth nipped her skin. He sucked her skin between his teeth, and she cried out as he left a mark of his own on her. He pulled out, rolled her over beneath him so she was bent over the armrest. "Tell me you want me," he ordered, his cock pressing against her ass, still slick with her arousal.

She giggled, instead, and tried to back into him, pressing against him in return so he had to pull his hips away. "I dunno," she drawled, feigning indecision. "I was kinda into that movie," she said, as if the heat and slickness of her didn't give her away.

He resisted a smile as he pinned her arms at the small of her back, leaving her to wiggle helplessly. "You want me to leave you here?"

"Oh, please don't," she begged, surrendering immediately. "I want you to fuck me, Grayson, I've been thinking about it all day how I miss the way you fuck me."

He couldn't tell if she was lying, but he didn't really care. He kept her arms pinned so she couldn't move while he pushed into her, and their groans mingled, though hers took a higher pitch. "Like that?" he asked, and one hands held both her arms while the other brushed her hair from her face.

"Yes," she gasped, arching her back to try and push her hips closer to his. "You're so mean, making me beg and wait when I've been so good–"

"Bullshit you have," he said, and he let one of her hands go. "Touch yourself," he ordered this time, "I want to see how much you missed getting fucked by me." He almost said 'missed me', stopped himself because he didn't want to risk that she'd refute it. Her hand slid beneath herself, between her legs, and he felt her ass tighten around his cock as she stroked her clit.

"Did you miss me?" she asked, and he pulled her hair to make her cry out and tighten again.

"Sometimes," he said, watching her face as he thrust. "You're beautiful when you have a dick in your ass," he teased, and she grinned.

"A dick," she asked, "or yours?"

"Limited data," he said, because he'd managed to avoid watching her have sex with anyone else.

"What about – oh, oh – when I don't?"

Fishing for compliments, as if she needed them. "Obnoxious," he said, and she laughed. He'd missed that the most, the way she laughed, giggling on top of him and beneath him and completely undeterred by whatever he happened to be doing to her at the time. He thrust hard to interrupt her, turn it into a cry that made him want to do it again. "So fucking irritating."

"You're so mean," she accused again, breathless, grinding against her hand and along his cock.

"You know I–" He groaned and bit back what he'd been about to say, thrust harder as if distracted by the feel of her. "I always think you're gorgeous," he said instead. Off-limits, to say that he missed her, to say that she was his, to say he loved her. Love was a loaded word that spooked her more than any gun, and as long as he never said it they could both pretend she didn't know. Love was obligation and entrapment and expectations she couldn't meet, and nothing he could ever say would convince her otherwise.

She was rocking her hips in the aggressive way he knew meant she was close, incoherent cries that had been absent when he had her in the morning twilight. He leaned low so his body was pressed over hers, still thrusting, face buried in her neck. A ragged scream as she curled in on herself, tightened around him while she moved, and he came while she shuddered and shivered on his cock.

He wrapped his arms around her and fell back, so he was sitting on the couch with her on his lap, waiting to ease his way out of her. She slid her hands over the arms he'd wrapped around her with a contented hum of pleasure.

"I missed the movie," she said, as if she had any right to complain.

"I have it on DVD," he murmured as he nuzzled at her hair.

"That's not high-def," she protested, and he snorted.

"See? Obnoxious."

"But pretty."

"I only said that so you'd let me sodomize you," he lied, and he hid a smile against her skin when she laughed.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 06-14-2015

Unicorn Hunting
valesport

Nadine exhaled smoke, and handed the glass pipe and lighter back to their owner, the man whose lap she'd been sitting on for half the night. She picked up her beer from the bar, squinted at it, and then set it back down. Her lap of choice kept stroking along the insides of the thighs straddling his own, as if he was going to start fingering her right in the middle of the bar; she hadn't decided yet if she was going to let him.

"I have to pee," she declared, sliding off of him and nearly stumbling. The barstool he was sitting on was higher off the ground than she'd remembered, and she had to brace her hands against his thighs in ways that were only a little more suggestive than she'd intended.

"You don't have to get up," he said with a grin, and she made a face.

"Ew!" She stuck her tongue out, curling past her chin as she back away towards the bathroom. "That's fucking gross," she informed him with a wrinkle to her nose. "The fuck made that seem like a good fetish to bring up this early?" He laughed and he shrugged, and if she was perfectly honest it was not the worst thing a man had ever suggested to her with minimal prompting.

She pulled a cigarette from her pocket and stuck it in her mouth as she turned around, and she stopped when a flame presented itself before she could get her lighter. "Those things are going to kill you," Grayson said as she accepted the light, and she wondered how long he'd been watching.

"Lot of things are gonna kill me," she said mildly, turning her head to blow smoke away from him. His hand cupped her cheek to turn her back so he could see her face, gray eyes dragging over her in search of anything out of place. Bruises or scratches or whatever else he thought she might have done to herself.

"You okay?" he asked, and his thumb stroked her skin; she tried not to lean into it.

"I'm always okay," she reminded him.

"I know," he said, and she could tell he didn't believe it. "I just wanted to make sure." He let his hand fall from her face, stuck both his hands in his pockets.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" she asked with a faint smile. "Criminals are running rampant in your absence."

"Not really," he shrugged. Then he frowned, adjusted his glasses. "There is the kirin, but I think we're all just hoping that sorts itself out."

"The what."

The corner of his mouth twitched, a dead giveaway that he could tell he had her attention, and she should have feigned ambivalence just to spite him. "The kirin," he repeated, as if that were a completely normal thing to say, "which, last I checked, is in the process of destroying every rose garden uptown. Old ladies keep trying to call animal control."

She narrowed her eyes at him, taking a suspicious drag of her cigarette. "Do you mean," she said finally, "that there is a giraffe shitting on people's lawns?"

"Nnnnope," he said, drawing it out, clearly just to irritate her. She considered kicking him. "I mean a scaly deer. That is on fire."

"Bullshit."

"No shit," he countered. "Daryl actually tried to lasso it. Got a cowboy hat and everything. He's in the hospital now, second-degree burns." His mouth twitched again. "Not from the, ah. Fire. Which is what you might think. But he actually did manage to lasso the thing, and then it dragged him about a quarter mile. Friction burned right through his pants. It wasn't pretty."

She tried to smother a giggle in cigarette smoke. "I don't believe you."

"You don't have to believe me," he said, and he was smiling despite himself. "I'm telling you what happened. There are pictures, even. I don't recommend looking at them. It was like a meatloaf wrapped in denim."

"Ew!" She spun around with the force of her disgust, covering her eyes with her palms as if that would help. "That's disgusting," she squealed, giggling as she said it.

"You don't know the half of it," he said, watching her carefully the entire time. "The smell was worse." She made a face, and he ducked his head, ran his hand through his hair. "Anyway," he said, "drug offenses aren't my department, and you don't seem to have been murdered, so there isn't really anything for me to do here."

"Oh, thanks," she laughed, and he hid a smile before standing straight again.

"There's a Denny's down the street, so I'm going to get some pancakes and then head home. Let me know if you want to carpool." He kissed her forehead, and she watched him leave with a frown.

She continued smoking as she sat in the bathroom stall, squinting thoughtfully at the marker graffiti.

He obviously expected her to go back with him. There was no way he'd have come so far just to say hello. He was a manipulative asshole and he knew exactly what he was doing. It would serve him right if he went home alone. Just sat in a Denny's for five hours until he figured out she wasn't falling for it. Creepy fucking stalker, anyway.

He didn't even look up from his pancakes when she slid into his booth, still smelling like weed and cheap beer. Since that was how Denny's always smelled, it wasn't that noticeable. "I'm only here," she said, "because I'm pretty sure that guy wanted to piss on me."

Grayson snorted. "It's good to know I'm better than being pissed on."

"Barely. Barely. I want an appetizer sampler." She took his coffee without asking to take a sip. It tasted bitter and burnt and not remotely like what he would consider drinkable, and mid-sip she narrowed her eyes at his glass of iced tea.

He took another bite of his pancakes, the picture of innocence.

"I'm not buying you an appetizer sampler," he said between bites.

"I want mozzarella sticks," she protested, prodding his leg with one foot.

"You want one mozzarella stick," he countered, "and one onion ring, and then you'll be done. I'm not spending..." He paused to pick up the menu, adjusting his glasses as he flipped it open. "... twelve dollars, so you can satisfy your fried cheese craving."

"Cheapskate," Nadine accused. But she waited, because she knew his downfall was imminent. When his mouth was full of pancake, the waitress suddenly appeared.

"Are you two doing okay? Do you need anything? Refills?"

"Can you get us an appetizer sampler?" Nadine asked sweetly, while Grayson was in no position to contradict her.

"Just for that," he said when the waitress was gone, "I'm leaving you here with the watersports guy."

"Nuh uuuuh," she said, sticking her tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes. "You're taking me back to Valesport so I can ride a unicorn."

"You were so close," he said, "until you hit that last word."

"I've ridden those bullriding machines they have in bars, so I've basically been training for this."

"Were they on fire?"

"Once."

"And how are you planning to catch it?"

"I'm going to set a trap."

"You realize I'm not letting you turn someone's mansion into a Rube Goldberg machine."

"You only specified because you're considering it." She made a gleeful sound when her platter of fried foods arrived, then gasped in outrage as Grayson stole an onion ring.

"I'm paying for it," he pointed out, "and we both know you aren't even going to touch most of this." She very pointedly scraped some spinach dip onto a stale corn chip, and he raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? That's a big chip. You might not be able to finish your mozzarella stick."

She kicked his ankle, and he winced, but didn't kick her back. His half-eaten pancakes sat neglected as he took another onion ring.

"I'm not kissing you with onion breath," she warned as she dipped her mozzarella stick in marinara.

"Well I'm not kissing you with cock breath, soooo..."

She snorted, covering her mouth with her hand to keep her food where it belonged. She could tell he was trying not to smile. "I do not have cock breath!" she said behind her hand, mouth still full.

Grayson shrugged, nibbling at a chip. "I don't know what you've been doing the last few days," he pointed out.

She made a show of the fact that she had eaten the entire stick to spite his prediction. "No, yeah, you're right," she said. "It's just been an endless stream of dicks. Constantly, the last forty-eight hours. Nonstop dicks in my mouth. Just brushing my teeth with dicks."

He shuddered, and she grinned. "That sounds deeply unpleasant for everyone involved. Please do not ever brush your teeth with my dick."

"Fine," she said, "but you have to let me ride a unicorn."

"Kirin," he corrected. "Fine. If you can figure out how to ride a kirin, you can... do that. I'm not paying the hospital bill. Are you done?" He gestured to the sampler plate, largely uneaten.

"... yes."

"Unbelievable," he said with a shake of his head. "And this is when you have the munchies."

She finished off her coffee, then set down the empty mug at the edge of the table. "I have to pee again," she announced, wiggling out of the booth.

"Why do you say these things like this is necessary information for me to have?"

"Because if it takes me more than five minutes you'll know something has gone horribly wrong," she said, and this time she was the one to kiss his forehead. He always looked faintly offended when she was the one who did it, not least because she was not usually tall enough.

"If something goes horribly wrong while you're in the bathroom," he muttered, "you're on your own. I'm not that kind of doctor."

She could have reminded him that he was the one who'd come after her, and that it had not been her decision to inflict herself on him. She let him grump, instead, because she was feeling benevolent. He would probably not have the grace to be grateful about it.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 06-29-2015

Weather Malfunction
Nova x Ixaaliot
NSFW

There weren't a lot of things a person could count on living on Osiris. One of them was the weather. Artificial weather meant the reports were never wrong. Which was why, when walking Nova home, Ixaaliot said, "of course not," when she asked if it was raining.

Then raindrops started to hit him.

"What the fuck?" he demanded, the arms not draped over and around Nova reaching out to hold his palms upward.

"Does that mean it is raining?" Nova asked.

"What the fuck," he said again instead of answering. He squinted upward to see if it was some kind of weird... rain truck. But, no. It seemed to be coming from the level's skybox. He let go of Nova so that he'd have enough hands to shield his eyes and wipe rainwater from his face, his first set of eyelids closing against the water. "What the fuck."

"Sooo... it's raining."

"This isn't supposed to be happening," he said, as the rain began falling faster, still standing still and looking up.

"Is it dangerous?" Nova wondered.

"I don't think so," he said. "Someone probably hacked the weather system to... I don't know. Piss me off."

"It seems like it's working."

Ix scowled. "I'm already soaked," he complained, though he was still too busy glaring at the sky to move toward shelter.

"That must be terrible for you," Nova deadpanned, at which point Ix recalled that he was walking his girlfriend home because her street clothes had been wrecked. Which meant she was wearing her work clothes. Which were barely clothes at all, a skimpy dress that was now practically transparent and clinging to her skin even more than it was meant to.

"Shit," he said, which was probably not the best thing to say when staring at a beautiful woman. "I'm an asshole," he added, taking her by the arms to guide her down the street. She didn't need the help, but she let him do it anyway.

"Apology accepted," she said, even though he hadn't.

"Sorry," he said, even though it was gratuitous by then. "I should have brought an umbrella."

"When it wasn't supposed to rain?" Her tentacles had assumed a peculiar configuration to try and keep the rain out of her face.

"I should always bring an umbrella," he said seriously. "Everywhere. Just in case."

"It isn't that bad," she giggled, splashing in a puddle as she sped up. Ix was caught in the awkward position of trying to move fast enough to keep up with her, but not so fast that he ran her over. The difference between the length of their legs made this difficult. She squealed as there was the boom and flash of simulated thunder, stumbling just long enough for Ix to walk into her.

Which was bad for a number of reasons.

He had an idea. It was a bad idea. He was going to do it anyway.

"What's going on?" Nova asked as he steered her into an alley between two side-streets.

"Shortcut," he said.

"No it isn't," she protested. "This is the wrong direction. Is this why you always let the car drive?"

"You're not making it easy to be impulsive," he said.

"Are we being impulsive?" He answer the question by bringing both of them to a stop, pinning her against the smooth white metal of the building beside them. "Oh! You mean... impulsive."

"That is what I mean," he confirmed, pressing his mouth to hers. She kissed him eagerly in return, and his tongue wound around hers. Tentacles wrapped around the arms sliding along her body, tightened when fingers pressed against her pari'ia through wet clothes.

"Here?" she asked when their mouths parted, licking rain from her lips.

"Here," he confirmed, and he only sounded certain because she sounded excited. He took off his glasses so he could see her, the way she shimmered with water on her skin. His knees bent to try to get their hips in line, a low thrum in his chest. "Why am I so fucking tall?" he complained.

"Maybe I'm too short," she suggested, rising onto her toes even though she was already wearing precarious heels.

"You're perfect," he said, kissing her and wishing he had some kind of box that she could stand on. He would add that to the list of things he should always carry. Umbrellas and boxes. A tentacle slid past his belt, wound around tendrils that wound around her in turn, and he thrummed loud again. "Control yourself, madam," he said, but she looked impish and innocent as two hands pinned her arms to the wall. Never by the wrists, always just above her elbows, kissing her all the while.

The bend to his knees had them practically wrapped around hers as he unbuckled his belt, water still streaming over their skin in thin rivulets down scales and scars. Frond-like tendrils slipped immediately between her thighs, up her skirt and beneath her g-string and even as high as her hips. She gasped as all at once they dipped into her pari'ia and pushed inside of her, fluttering against her skin.

He coaxed her arms above her head, never rough with her as tendrils wound and twisted and pumped inside of her. His cheek pressed to hers, cephalic tentacles touching each other. "Hold these here," he said, and immediately two of her tentacles wrapped around her forearms. It was theoretically meaningless to ask her to hold herself still, but he liked the way it looked when she did it.

He unzipped her dress enough to have access to her breasts, two hands cupping them as the other two held her face. "You're beautiful," he told her, her back arching against him as tendrils slid in and out of her. He kissed her, fingers passing over nipples hardened by the cold. Another thrum, and more tendrils pushed into her than before, making her cry out.

Hands gently stroked her tentacles not wrapped around her arms, and drew them down over her shoulders to wrap around her own breasts. "Beautiful," he repeated, and his voice sounded even lower than usual. He licked water from her skin, sounding like a heavy drum. Their bodies weren't meant to fit together, too large and too small in all the wrong places, but he liked the way they worked despite that. Soft thighs and soft lips and soft breasts, nothing like the hard lines and sharp corners he was made of.

They probably should have tried to keep it down, being in a public space, and all. She was a little quieter than she was at home, but there was nothing he could really do about himself. The sound was probably carrying for blocks. Maybe people would assume it was more fake thunder. Her tentacles and her arms all wrapped around him as she came, and it was not entirely rain that soaked her thighs.

If anyone else between them and her house could see in ultraviolet, this would end poorly.

"I think I like the rain," she sighed happily, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I think you should let me call a car," he said, not sounding half as happy as he felt. She kissed him anyway, and he smiled.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 08-07-2015

Consequences
Nadine x Grayson
NSFW

Grayson thought that Nadine had left, until he checked his bedroom.

"What the fuck is that," he demanded to know, as if it were not obvious, turning away from the door and shielding his eyes and retreating nearly halfway down the hallway.

Nadine, standing mostly naked in his bedroom, looked down at herself. She looked behind herself, in case she had had some kind of horrifying spider on her back.

"Since you don't usually say that when I get naked," she said, projecting her voice to be sure he could hear it, "I'm going to assume you mean my strap-on. Well, technically, my harness, and the compatible but theoretically unrelated dildo. One of the dildos." Grayson was slowly making his way back to the bedroom but was still covering his face, turning a shade of pink that really did not suit a man still wearing his badge and his gun.

"Did you buy a fucking variety pack of dildos?" he demanded, still shielding his vision from her and the offending object. "With my credit card?"

"I couldn't just buy one!" she said, sounding defensive. "I don't know what you like! Maybe you're a size queen! Or maybe you just like, you know, the average size."

"Oh my god."

"But I figured, you know, even if you are a size queen, you don't seem like you've been fucked in a long time, so we should probably start with this little one. We can work our way up, if you want. We can even just stick with this cute little one."

He uncovered his eyes in time to see her patting affectionately at the purple silicone jutting out of her harness. "It is none of your business how long it's been since I -- and, I'm not letting you put that in me! I am not." Her pleased smile had not abated, maybe because he was still blushing and trying not to look at her.

"Obviously I'm not going to put anything inside you without your explicit enthusiastic consent," she said with a roll of her eyes, as if this statement was in any way consistent with her demeanor. "Maybe I just want to wear it around for a while. You know it's got a thing to hold a vibrator?" She slid a finger between her skin and the harness to demonstrate, and there was a faint buzzing as she got a distracted look to her. She shut it back off, running a hand through her curls with a grin.

"That isn't -- I just -- stop fucking pointing that thing at me, I swear to god." Nadine shrugged, hopping backward into his bed, which was not at all what he had wanted. "I'm going to... I'm getting in the shower, you stay over there and don't get anywhere near me with that."

"Yes, sir," she teased, and he looked through his fingers to see her stroking her facsimile of a cock. He turned even redder, slamming the door to the bathroom behind him.

Nadine hummed a little tune while she waited. She didn't have to wait long, because before he'd even started the water he'd opened the door again, pointing accusatorily at her. "You do not," he said, trying to sound stern, "get to make me your bitch."

She raised an eyebrow, rolling onto her side and resting her head on one hand, the other draped over her hip. "I wasn't planning to," she said, more amused than offended, moreso when he scowled at her.

"You weren't," he repeated with obvious disbelief.

"I never said I was gonna," she pointed out. "I just want to have sex. I don't know where you're getting this other stuff from."

He looked cautiously between her legs again. "... it's implied."

"I didn't imply shit. You're just assuming that I'm going to want to fuck you the way you fuck me."

"I am not." He frowned, and shut the door again. Again, she waited. She rolled onto the side of the bed that he had made hers, simply by virtue of it not being his side of the bed. Soon enough the sound of the water stopped, and he joined her, staying carefully on his side of the bed.

Naked. With wet hair. Still blushing, though much fainter than it had been.

She moved closer to him, until there was only an inch between them. "Can I touch you?" she asked, all sweetness. Grayson blushed deeper, gaze avoiding her.

"Yeah," he mumbled, and she closed the gap to kiss his cheek. Her hand made its way to his cock, stroking as she kissed his neck. She continued her gentle ministrations until he seemed to relax, some small amount of tension leaving his limbs.

It was a start.

She got up on her knees to move lower on his body, until she could wrap her lips around his cock. She felt him shiver as she licked at his skin, and she bobbed and sucked until his fingers ran through her hair, tangling in her curls. She used her hands to keep stroking him as she pulled her mouth away, looking up to meet stormy eyes fixed on her own.

"Good?" she prompted.

"You know you are," he said, sounding suspiciously affectionate.

"Do you want me to fuck you?" she prodded further. Again, he blushed and averted his gaze. He mumbled something indistinct, and when she gave his cock a gentle squeeze his breath caught. "If you don't tell me for real, I won't do it," she warned. "I'll just make you do all the work again."

"I want it," he said, somewhere between lustful and irritated that left him rather petulant. She had a feeling that was the best she'd be getting out of him. Not exactly enthusiastic, but he was rock-hard and his breathing was erratic, and that wasn't nothing.

"Turn over, then," she said, leaning away from him so that he could, giving him full view of the instrument that had so horrified him. His gaze lingered on it before he did as she'd asked, running a hand through his hair with obvious anxiety. Hard as a rock, but stiff as a board, he could not possibly have looked more awkward. "Oh!" He looked startled as she suddenly clapped her hands with glee, reaching for the bedside table. "I forgot, I got lube, too."

"I already had lube," he said, brow furrowing in irritation. Maybe if she annoyed him enough, he'd forget to be anxious. "Is that -- why are you using a condom?"

"Because I don't think you want me putting my dildos in your dishwasher."

"God, no."

"And that lube was old," she continued, slathering one new purchase over the other, working her hand over her silicone cock as if the sensation did her any good at all. It sort of did, in a purely psychological kind of a way. It wasn't very big, but it made up for that in cuteness, she thought. "And it was gross and sticky and cheap, and I hated it. I don't know how you could stand it."

He'd almost started to relax, but that came to an end the instant the slick tip came into contact with his ass.

"You're really going to have to calm down," she teased.

"I am extremely calm," he lied, and poorly.

"Nnnnnnope. I'm just gonna wait." She bent down to kiss his spine, and he huffed.

"God. Does this have to be such a fucking ordeal?"

"I don't know why you're saying that like it's my fault." She walked her fingers along his back, silicone still pressed against skin without pushing. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"You're not big enough to hurt me," he said, and once again he came across as petulant rather than whatever it was he was trying to convey.

"Not like you," she teased, arm wrapping around him to stroke his cock again, this time slick with lube still coating her hand. It was certainly a much faster way of getting him to relax, and she let him go to begin slowly pushing inside of him. She listened carefully to the sounds he made, fingers digging into his comforter, gasps and moans he tried to stifle. "Is that good?" she asked when it was buried inside him, and he nodded. "I can't really feel what I'm doing, so you have to tell me if I hurt you, okay?"

Even without being able to see his face, she could tell he was frowning. "Don't patronize me," he said, and she switched on the vibrator pressed against her clit, rocked her hips just a little to hear him choke on his indignation.

"I would never," she said, while doing exactly that. She ran her hands along his back, curled them around his hips to hold him as she started to thrust. As she settled into a rhythm he dropped his head, shoulders lowering as he wrapped his arms around a pillow. His knees pressed against hers, and in this position it was slightly more incongruous how slender her limbs were beside his. With every thrust she ground her clit against the vibrations, listened to him groan and gasp for air. "Still good?" she asked, and he nodded again. "I told you I'd be gentle," she said, reaching around him to touch his cock again. He bit back a low sound in the back of his throat, and she grinned.

As she pumped his cock he started to rock his hips, thrusting against her hand and the toy inside of him. She hadn't been kidding about making him do all the work; focusing on her own climax was much harder this way. She used the hand not busy stroking him to brush his hair from his face, and the look on his face was lovely. It would have served him right if she'd taken a picture. "God! God, Nadine."

"Just Nadine is fine," she murmured, and he almost laughed, lost it in another groan that he bit his lip to stifle.

"Don't stop," he gasped, as if she was planning to, "don't stop, don't stop, oh, god." He came across her fingers and his comforter beneath him, his back a tense curve and his head bowed against his pillow. He panted and struggled to keep himself from collapsing, and out of curiosity she offered him fingers still dripping with his own satisfaction. She was surprised when he licked them, and the surprise of it very literally knocked her over, pressed her chest against his back so that she could grind hard against her vibrator while he licked at her fingers. Her climax was much less explosive than his own, a shudder against him as she came, kissing his shoulder.

Grayson gave up and collapsed beneath her, taking her with him, rolling to the side and knocking her off of him. He grunted as she fell away from him, and she squealed, sprawling out on her back with a giggle.

"I'm a fucking mess," he sighed, and of course Nadine did not care even a little about what a pain it was to wash a down comforter.

"You're welcome," she sang, and was rewarded for her efforts by a pillow bop to the face.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 08-29-2015

Empty
boudica
valesport

The first thing that Boudica noticed when she woke up was that the house didn't smell right. Specifically, it didn't smell like anything had been baking. By nightfall, when Boudica woke, it always smelled like baking. Breads and muffins and cakes, only few of which Boudica could properly eat, but which she enjoyed the smell of anyway.

The second thing she noticed was that the house didn't feel right. It didn't feel like a home. It didn't feel like a place that had been lived in for decades, like a place where children had been raised and grandchildren spoiled. It didn't feel forfeit, either.

She dressed and left the attic with the well-practiced quietude of many years, hundreds and thousands of nights doing the very same thing. Cleaning came first, because her priorities were what they were; dusting and sweeping and washing the windows, none of which took very long when she'd been keeping things so endlessly clean. There were no dishes to be done.

When there was nothing left to do, she made her way quietly to the old woman's room. Normally she never would have dared, but tonight, she suspected, was different.

She'd never gotten out of bed. That much was obvious, now. It was Boudica's preference to stay in homes with older mortals, because they were more likely to recognize her work, to stay quiet and keep to themselves. She'd liked this woman, though they'd never said a word to each other. It was a blessing to pass in one's sleep, she'd been told. She really didn't know. She looked peaceful, now, and it was the first time they'd really been in the same room.

It was a very strange feeling. Stranger, still, that the house was not forfeit. That was usually the way of things, these days. This was the peculiar limbo of a gift not yet accepted, tied by blood to someone who yet might sever it.

Boudica hadn't known her, but she'd lived with her long enough. Photo albums bursting at the seams, photographs on the walls, portraits painted before her hair had faded to gray. She'd had family, once. They never visited, as far as she could tell. But then, she was only ever out at night. Maybe she just didn't know.

She cleaned the old woman's bedroom, because it ached to leave it otherwise and it seemed a kindness to her. They'd find she kept a tidy house, whenever they came. Would anyone come? Boudica didn't want to leave her lying there to rot. That ached worse than the mess.

Boudica walked through the halls, and looked assessingly at the pictures on the walls. Who would it be that would come for the house? How old were these smiling faces, now? They grew and grayed and died so fast, it seemed like. One of these sparkling women, one of these messy children. She wouldn't know until they came to make their claim, if they did. A night or two to see if this house could still be lived in with someone new in possession of it.

There was a picture of a man with an unpleasant smile, and she didn't know how old it was. She didn't think she'd stay if it was him. He looked loud and unkempt and rude. She didn't know how she could say that, based only on a single picture. It wasn't like she had much else to do, watching silent movies in the dark and trying to attach stories to faces of people she'd never meet. This didn't look like the face of someone who would go to bed early and leave custard on the counter.

Very few of them did, if she was honest.

With a sigh, she considered the phone on the wall. Who was she supposed to contact about this kind of thing? How would she even explain it? She picked up the phonebook beside it, large and worn and heavy. She knew, conceptually, how phones were meant to work, but she'd never had occasion to use one before.

Police. Did they handle all dead people, or just the murdered ones? She'd try it, anyway. She didn't care for the idea of a bunch of strangers walking through the house, tracking dirt and leaving things in disarray. Maybe that would give her something to do, until she decided whether she'd need to find a new place to live. Carefully and slowly, she pressed 9-1-1. When someone answered, she recited the address, and then immediately hung up.

Which wasn't what she'd meant to do, but she'd panicked.

Well. That was done, anyway. Now there was nothing to do but wait. Hopefully not too long. She didn't know what to do with a house all to herself.

Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 09-25-2015

Secretary
NSFW
jean x rylan
valesport

Jean sipped at his whisky, a rare moment of alone time in his office as he flipped through a book on European history. He was idly skimming through it with a pen, circling items he considered to be of interest. It wasn't very good for the book, but he didn't actually care. He'd discarded his coat and his tie, his shirt collar unbuttoned, and as he lifted his glass his trousers buzzed.

He frowned.

Oh. Right. The phone.

He set his glass down and dug through his pocket to retrieve the wretched thing, frowning still at the screen as he slowly tried to recall the process of seeing why it was making sounds at him.

Rylan > Can I come over?

Huh. Not being able to hear her made this strange. Even stranger than not being able to tell what she was feeling. What exactly was it that she was wanting? Was he supposed to be able to tell just from the text? How did anyone communicate effectively like this?

This was as bad as the telegram.

Rylan > Only if you're not busy
Rylan > I know you've got a lot on your plate
Rylan > You're probably busy
Rylan > Sorry

How did she type so fast? Was he supposed to be able to type that fast? This was a problem.

Did you have anything in particular in mind? < Jean

There. That seemed diplomatic. Though it seemed a little like a waste, when he couldn't taste her response. Her reply took the form of a picture, which it took entirely too long for him to figure out how to open.

Oh. Well. The black lace was certainly lovely. The pose was very aesthetically pleasing. The whole thing, really. Not being able to taste her made it difficult to find it actually arousing. Intellectually he was aware that it should have been, but physically it was wasted on him. It seemed rude to say so.

He deliberated over his response. He did like playing with her. She had that convenient way of appearing right in the room, bypassing the issue of the other people in the house. The bedroom was quite claimed, but the lingerie didn't seem like it would quite fit the location. It wasn't necessary that it did, but...

Hm. How would he like her best, if he had her in his office?

What a pretty kitten. But what will you wear over it? < Jean
Rylan > Nothing?
That does not seem very professional attire for an office. < Jean
Rylan > ?
Rylan > Oh
Rylan > You're in your office?
Yes, assuming you do not mind acting as my assistant. < Jean
I do not think that is the word, but I do not know the one I mean, and so assistant will have to do. < Jean

The fact that she'd given him enough time to type such a long message was strange, but understandable when she sent her next picture. A white blouse, a gray skirt, and always that collar around her neck. Perfect. Or, almost perfect.

Would higher heels be unprofessional, do you think? < Jean

He really could be very predictable sometimes.

When she stepped into his office, she was wearing very high heels indeed. She'd put her hair up into a very respectable updo, one that he was now looking forward to taking down. She was practically thrumming with anticipation, tasting like candied violets as her tail swayed around her legs.

Despite the fact that he was the one who'd come up with the game, Jean had made no effort at all to put himself back together. He still looked every inch a man who'd been relaxing with a drink, and had not even bothered to sit up straight in his chair. Hair cascaded over his shoulders, dotted his jawline with black against white.

Rylan did not taste as if she minded.

"Working late?" she asked demurely, heels clicking against hardwood as she came closer, hips and tail all swaying while she moved.

"Very hard," he said, possibly as confirmation. "Would you like to help?" he asked, lifting his glass to his mouth again.

"What would you like me to do?" she asked, crossing her legs at the ankle as she stood, posing very prettily.

He hummed thoughtfully, and began carefully clearing a space on his desk. "You may as well sit down," he said, "because I plan on keeping you for a while." She came close enough that she was very nearly in his lap before pulling herself up backwards to sit on his desk, crossing her ankles once more. He clicked his tongue chidingly, and she flicked her ears. "No, no," he said, and his hands slid beneath her knees to pull her legs apart. Closer to the edge of the desk, and thighs nearly running parallel to it, her skirt rode up to her hips in the process. Without warning or preamble he ran his tongue over the lace between her legs, and she shivered. "Oh, but what a shame to ruin these," he said, sliding a finger beneath it and hooking it around to pull it away from her skin.

"I don't mind," she said quickly.

He grinned. "Did you think that I was asking?" The thumbnail of his left hand pierced easily through the hems, until the flimsy scrap of lace was nothing else, tossed thoughtlessly aside. "Recite a poem for me," he said, sliding out of his chair.

"Which?" she asked, resting her hands on her knees and resisting the temptation to grip them in anticipation.

"Whichever you are best able to recite from memory," he said, breath hot against her skin. She hesitated, and so did he, waiting mere millimeters from her skin until she started to speak.

"Deux ou trois fois bienheureux le retour," she began, gasping as he distracted her with a long stroke from the tip of his tongue. "De ce clair Astre," she continued, faltering, "et plusooh, oh, oh heureux encore, encore, encore–"

He tilted his head to nip sharp teeth against the inside of her thigh, tugging harmlessly at one of her garters before grinning. "I do not think that is how it goes."

"Ce que son oeil de regarder honore," she said shakily, and he resumed drawing small circles with his tongue, delving lower and deeper when she seemed on the brink of getting her bearings.

Honey in his mind and salt on his tongue, the threat of sharp teeth against delicate skin, though he was always very careful. He listened to the strain in her voice, though not as attentively as he monitored the way she felt, trying to reconcile self-control with how badly she wanted to give herself over to pleasure.

"Et y ferait... ah..." This time when she trailed off he allowed it, because he was not in the mood to draw things out. Another time, maybe, he would take her to the brink and back again until desire drove her mad. That was more a game for long-time lovers, and less for new pets. Fingers slipped easily inside her, curled as he sucked at her clit with a soft flick of his tongue.

What wonderful foresight, that his office was so well insulated.

When he kissed her it was with the taste of her still on his tongue, his eyes pale white where they'd once been blue, and she tangled her fingers in his hair without asking. His fingers remained inside her, and her legs wrapped loose around his waist, arching toward him.

"You are very bad at following orders," he chided, finally removing his hand so he could slide his fingers in her mouth. She sucked at them obediently, and he briefly passed his other hand over her ears, rewarded with a purr. "I am starting to think that I will not be getting any work done."

His hands went to her blouse, and did not bother with unbuttoning it, tearing it open instead. She gasped as if scandalized, clearly delighted; he kissed the corner of her mouth, admiring the desire in her eyes. "I can make it up to you," she suggested, as he slid his hands along her skin to lift her breasts half out of lace. He liked the way they looked there, black filigree pressing lines into her skin and holding them high like a gift for him. He ran his teeth over each of her nipples in turn, kissed a shoulder exposed by the disarray of her shirt.

"You will," he agreed, picking her up with ease so that he could turn her around, bending her over the edge of his desk. He lifted her skirt to her waist, and savored the honey-and-cinnamon taste of her anticipation as he unfastened his trousers. Her tail was curling upward against her spine, standing on her toes despite the height of her heels. He hooked a finger in her collar and used it to pull her head up, putting an arch in her back as she pressed her palms to his desk. "Do you want me to fuck you?" he asked.

"Please fuck me," she said immediately, breathlessly, apparently a very fast learner. "Fuck me hard, please."

"Such a good girl," he said appreciatively, driving his cock into her and letting her collar go. She bowed her head and curled her fingers to try and brace herself against the desk as he slowly withdrew, drove into her again. He ran long nails through her hair to dislodge the pins that held it up so that it would fall, catching in the elastic that held it all together. He tugged at it with another thrust, displeased when it wouldn't give. It was too thick to simply cut away with his nails, and so his thrusts slowed as he began slowly untangling her hair from it.

"I can take care of that," she suggested.

"Sshh," he said, a harder thrust to make her yelp and distract her from the difficulties he was having behind her head. He felt much more pleased than he should have when he finally succeeded, and it was possible that the hand that gripped her hair was rougher than it should have been as a result. "There," he said, "much better."

His other hand went to her hip, traced the shape of her garter and the curve against her thigh. An abrupt smack made her cry out, tighten around his cock, the rush of sweetness in her intoxicating. He did it again, and again, until she was whimpering and squirming with his handprint on her skin.

"You do look very pretty like this, " he said, hand back at her hip to hold her still as he thrust faster, still holding her in an arch by the hair. "A shame that I cannot keep you here all the time." She seemed as if she was trying to say something, but she wasn't terribly coherent, lost in purring moans. His eyes had remained pale, and so even now he could not be as rough as he'd have liked, though she might well end up with fingerprints pressed into her hip.

Releasing her hair, he bent low over her so that he could slide his arm beneath her, wrapping it around her neck to hold her by the shoulder and lift her up, her tail trapped between them. He nuzzled at her neck, nipping at her skin hard enough to leave a mark as his other hand toyed with her breasts, thrusts still pressing her against the edge of his desk. He stilled as an experiment, grinned against her skin as she ground her hips backward.

His arm tightened around her shoulders and her neck, pressed her back against his chest in an undeniably possessive gesture while his other hand slid between her legs. Fingertips circled and pressed against her clit as he thrust hard and fast, and with a ragged cry she came again, great shuddering spasms in his arms and on his cock.

He waited until she'd stopped moving to thrust into her again, wrapping an arm around her waist to hold her up. She had not gone entirely limp, but she was very close to it; fortunate that he was strong enough now to hold her up with ease. He stepped back, dropped back down into his chair such that she was seated in his lap while he thrust upward into her. His hands released her long enough to slide under her legs instead, lifting her knees to her shoulders. She cried out again, panting and writhing, and he pressed his teeth into the skin at the crook of her neck. A little harder than he should have, points of his teeth sinking into her skin and cock buried inside her, growling as he filled her.

He licked the small spots of blood from her skin as an apology, releasing her legs though he made no effort to remove his cock from her. She fell back against him, no trouble at all making herself comfortable there despite her apparent ill-treatment. "I do apologize for hurting you," he murmured, but she was still purring, and louder still when he scratched experimentally at the base of her ears.

"I don't mind," she said, and she meant it. He ran his hand along her tail, then let it fall, though it continued to sway a little between them. He picked up his glass from the desk, but Rylan intercepted it; she couldn't have taken it from him if he hadn't wanted her to, but he had no reason to refuse her. She drained the glass with no concern for the cost or the strength of it, then held it up with a wide-eyed innocence not intended to fool him, clearly hoping for a refill.

"What a terrible assistant you are," he said, picking up the bottle to pour and nuzzling against her again. "Too much a cat, I should think, pretty demanding little thing. "

"Secretary," she said, bringing the glass to her lips again. "The word you want is secretary."

RE: Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 11-23-2015

Holiday Cheer
kreska ido & karek
cylinder station 12

"Your aunt tells me you don't want to be in the pageant this year."

"I'm not going to be in the pageant," Kreska corrected, continuing to stare at a spot on the wall as he moved a light in front of her eyes. "They can't make me if I don't want to."

Li smiled faintly. "No, they can't," he agreed. "I'm just making sure nothing's wrong. Follow the light." He started to move it in figure-eights, and she adjusted her focus accordingly.

"I'm fine," she said, a stubborn set to her jaw. "I just don't want to do it anymore."

"You're really good at it, though," he pointed out.

"That doesn't mean I like it."

"No," he agreed, shutting off the light embedded in his index finger, "it doesn't. I'm just wondering what happened."

"Nothing happened," she said, blinking away the stars in her eyes.

"You used to like it."

"I never liked it."

He raised an eyebrow, moving his coat out of the way as he tucked his hands in his pockets. "I used to ask you if you liked it," he reminded her, "and you said yes." She shrugged. "Were you lying then, or are you lying now?"

"I don't know." She had more patience for him than she did for most people, but the line of questioning was still making her irritable. "I didn't think it was an option."

"Not liking things?"

"I guess."

He sighed, and it had to be deliberate when he didn't have lungs. "I wish you would have said something."

"I'm saying something now."

He got that look on his face that he did sometimes, that made her think he was going to try and tousle her hair. He never did. Maybe braids just didn't invite tousling. She'd been thinking about cutting them off. She hadn't decided, yet.

"Better late than never," he said finally. "I thought you would have liked the singing, though."

"I like singing," she shrugged. "I sing plenty."

"Yeah?" He smiled, leaning back against the sink behind him. "What do you like to sing?"

Her mouth twitched, slightly rueful. She thought that she probably shouldn't. She felt strangely self-conscious about it. She sort of wanted to see if he'd get The Look, though.

"Good morning, good mor-ning! We've talked the whole night through…"

Li went very still, like he'd had a glitch or thrown an error. It was, she supposed, very similar to The Look. She stopped, something sadder than a smile twisting her mouth. "Sorry," he said, shaking his head. "I didn't mean to–"

"It's fine," she said with a shrug. "Everyone does it."

That seemed to surprise him. "Everyone?"

"Everyone who used to watch the logs," she said, looking down at her hands as she fidgeted. "I don't do it as much, anymore. It made Aunt Diane cry."

He ran a hand through his hair. "He did used to… sing that. A lot. I don't even know if he… it was in the public domain, was why. He couldn't sing anything still under copyright."

"Teraka always hated it, too," she admitted, and she didn't miss the way he flinched when she called her mother by her first name. "I don't know why I still do it."

"Probably because she hated it," he said, and she snorted. "So I don't have to be worried about this pageant thing?"

"Jobari don't even celebrate Christmas," she said, frustrated. "It's… I mean, it's a literal song and dance."

"Yeah," he sighed again.

"I didn't even know what I was singing, the first time. They waited until the pageant was over to start teaching me to read."

Li rubbed a hand over his face, so she couldn't see his expression. When he dropped it, it was to change the subject. "Speaking of reading," he began, and Kreska scowled.

"Don't," she warned.

"I'm just wondering if there's anything you'd like to tell me."

"No," she said firmly.

"Are you sure?" he prodded.

"I can read, okay? I'm not stupid."

"That literally could not be further from what I'm suggesting," he said, and she flushed dark green, crossing her arms and curling in on herself. "That is almost impressive, how wrong that is."

"Whatever," she said. "You don't have to worry about it, anyway. I read fine."

"Not according to your grades, you don't."

"I'm passing."

"Barely."

"If there was a problem, I'd be failing."

"Not necessarily." He waited, but she didn't say anything. "I can't help you if you won't let me," he said.

"I don't need help," she insisted.

He grabbed a clipboard and a pen, wrote something out and then held it up for her. "What does this say?"

Kreska barely glanced at it. "Is the handwriting part of the doctor programming?" she asked. He rolled his eyes, but rewrote it, this time with mechanical precision to emulate a common font. Then he held it up again. "I'm not doing this," she said.

"This should be easy," he said.

"It is easy," she said. "I just don't want to do it. It's stupid, and I hate that you're trying to make me do it, and I don't want to."

He set the clipboard aside. "Kreska."

"Don't try to use that voice with me," she said. "My reading is fine. Okay? Just because I don't like it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me, and you can't make me take any tests or whatever that I don't want."

Li held up his hands in surrender. "Fine," he said, "fine. I'm here to help, not to fight you. If this is what you want, that's your choice." She relaxed slightly, still wary. "You know you can call me if you change your mind."

"I won't," she said.

"Your aunt says she's worried about your diction," he said, which was technically a different subject.

"Did she just give you a list, or what?" Kreska asked, displeased.

"Pretty much," he shrugged. "She thinks you don't tell her anything."

"There's nothing to tell."

"You're not hanging out with a bad crowd?" he asked, heavy with irony.

Kreska snorted. "Yeah, I'm in a gang now. I sucked ten dicks this morning."

Li made a face of disgust. "You're thirteen," he said.

"That doesn't mean I can't suck ten dicks," she said, as if this assertion was not absurd on the face of it. "Go ahead and tell Diane."

"Unfortunately, thanks to patient confidentiality, I'm the only one that has to live with that. Haven't had any allergic reactions since last time?"

"No."

"Seizures?"

"No."

"That covers the list, then." This time he did reach out to tousle her hair, if unsuccessfully. "A couple more tests and you'll have the all-clear."

"Yaaaay." She gave unenthusiastic jazz-hands, and he smiled.

She wished he'd do that more.

RE: Tindome's Story Corner [Read-Only] - Tindome - 02-03-2016

The Trouble With
Part One

kreska
osiris lunar colony

"You're the exotic plant specialist?"

"Yeh." Kreska still reeked of cigarettes, her thumbs hitched in her pockets, utterly unperturbed by the other woman's incredulity. "Y'want me t'look atcher thing'r what?"

The woman continued to frown, but moved out of the way to allow Kreska inside. Kreska took her time, deliberately making the situation more awkward than it needed to be to prove a point.

The point was mostly ‘fuck you'.

"This th'thing?" Kreska asked, pointing with her chin at the tree taking up a third of the room. It was entirely too big for the space, branches contorted out of shape for the aesthetic, roots cramped in their pot. That probably wasn't why she was here.

"The Raca tree," the woman explained, "is supposed to flower every seven shifts. I've had this for five cycles and it hasn't flowered once. I've followed all the directions, it's getting plenty of light."

"Light's wrong," Kreska said immediately, because she could tell by the way that it felt on her skin that it was useless. "Y'need a bigger pot," she added as she moved closer to it, boots noisy on the sterile white floor, trailing rust.

"It's not a pot, it's a—"

"Y'need a biggerun." Kreska knelt down, sinking her fingers into the soil as she tangled them with the roots. It didn't tell her anything she didn't already know, not enough light and not enough room. Plenty of water and food, though. It should still have been flowering. She shut her eyes to try and focus on small details, anything that might be less obvious to look at it. Then she removed her hand, wiped dirt off on the thigh of her jeans and on the floor.

"Well?"

"Gimme a sec." Kreska stood up, squinting at the trunk of the tree. Then she stood on the edge of the pot to reach a branch, boots bracing against the trunk as she pulled herself upward.

"That is a very expensive tree, and if it gets damaged I expect you to pay for a replacement," the woman warned.

"S'fine." Kreska peered into the hollow between some of the branches. "Foundjer problem." Reaching into it, she fell back to the floor with a handful of fur. She winced as tiny teeth sank into her hand, but continued to hold on. The woman shrieked, and the thing in Kreska's hand bit harder.

"Get rid of it!"

Kreska held out her free hand, palm-up. "500 credits."

She brought the thing home with her because she didn't know what else to do. It had stopped trying to gnaw on her. Left to its own devices it looked like a featureless ball of yellow fluff, but its underside held a blunt snout and small black talons. It fit in her pocket. The small puncture wounds it had left on her hand had already closed.

Her apartment was barely large enough for a single small person. There were definitely not any convenient cages. She opened a drawer full of clothes, and dumped its contents onto the floor. This made very little difference, because the floor was already covered in laundry. Then she stuck the fluff into the empty drawer.

It was sort of like a cage. Kind of.

She didn't actually know what it ate, but an empty plastic tub full of water seemed like a safe bet. She decided to experiment by offering it various items from her fridge to see what it went for. One tomato, one mushroom, various leaves. A pepperoni, for variety.

Things would be a lot easier if she knew what it actually was. Her solution to this problem was to take a picture of it with her tablet, and post it to her feed, with the question, "the fuck?" The response was almost immediate.

» Why do you have a rocaburra?
    ☠» not mine
    ☠» is that what it is?
    » It's in a drawer in your apartment.
    » That counts as having it.

☠» nah
    » How did it even get there?
    » Do you have an infestation?
    » Is your apartment so filthy it has transcended normal vermin, and only the exotic will do?

☠» how do you know what my place looks like
    » That thing might look cute but rocaburra are deadly, you can't keep it.
    ☠» deadly how
    ☠» and you changed the subject
    ☠» i saw that
    » Safety takes precedence over privacy concerns.
    » They're venomous, it only takes one bite to cause permanent brain damage.

☠» nah
    » That's not how this works.
    » You don't ‘nah' at deadly neurotoxin.
    » It will kill you.

☠» nah
    » …
    ☠» jobari bruh
    ☠» too late anyway
    ☠» bit me like first thing
    ☠» now we're chillin
    » Of course.
    » Of course it did.
    » Of course you are.

☠» holy shit
    » Is that ‘holy shit' as in ‘the venom just kicked in and I am literally dying', or…?
    ☠» it's eating the mushroom
    ☠» it sounds like a weird pig
    ☠» or
    ☠» a weirder pig
    ☠» dude you gotta see this
    » Don't send me cute pet videos of the poison rat.
    «File sent.»
    » What filter even is this?
    ☠» it's the candy filter
    » This color scheme is nauseating.
    » At least give it a top hat.

☠» k
    «File sent.»
    »… I meant a filter.
    » Where did you get a tiny top hat?

☠» idk
    ☠» laying around
    » You baffle me.
    » You know those things only live like a month, right?
    » There's no point getting attached to it.

☠» lol bc i'm so sentimental right
    ☠» no it's too late
    ☠» i'm going to love and treasure this pos 4ever
    ☠» i no longer accept the concept of death
    ☠» i'm too attached to this weird sock
    ☠» bc i gave it a hat once
    » What kind of socks do you wear?
    » Is that how it works? The hat is the secret?

☠» obvs don't you know anything about love and friendship
    » Apparently not.

Kreska did not name the rocaburra. Naming was how people got attached to things. She wasn't keeping it; she was just waiting for it to die. It probably wouldn't take that long, although it all depended on how long it had been living in that tree. At least five cycles, but probably more. Thirty in a month, wasn't it?

Fortunately, it excreted waste in the convenient form of small pellets, so it wasn't hard to clean up after it. Easier than most of the things Kreska was supposed to clean but didn't. She decided to dedicate a small vacuum exclusively to the task, in part because she had never bothered using it for anything else before.

She also vacuumed the fur of the rocaburra. It did not seem particularly happy about it. Sometimes hygiene could be unpleasant. That was just a fact it was going to have to live with, for the rest of its short life. Same as everyone else.

"Good morning, good morning…"

Kreska's usual morning ritual was interrupted by a strange sound. She stopped her reflexive singing, and the sound stopped as well.

"It's great to stay up late," she continued experimentally, stopping immediately. The sound once again persisted only so long as she sang. She yawned, untangling her limbs from the intar and stretching her legs out across the floor. The accumulated laundry made it a less uncomfortable place to sleep than it could have been.

She considered checking her tablet for messages, but that would have meant getting dressed as a precautionary measure. She was not yet awake enough to bother.

Anyway, she had a hunch.

"Good morning, good morning…" This time she did not stop singing as she stood, opening the drawer in which she had left the rocaburra.

Yup. It was trying to sing along. Or else it was howling. Tiny, weird, rodent howls. Hard to say. Animals were not her specialty. The fact that it did not object when she reached into the drawer and picked it up suggested singing might be more accurate. Singing was generally pretty friendly, right? Music soothing savage beasts, and all. Or was that just a saying?

It seemed pretty soothed, anyway.

She kicked the spot in her wall that made the bed emerge, sliding outward and pushing clothes out of the way as it went. She sprawled backward onto it, and contemplated the ball of fluff as she ran out of song.

"D'y'only like weird old shit?" she asked the rocaburra. "Or d'ya like good shit, too? Like, guitars'r whatevs?" Unsurprisingly, the animal did not respond, resting on her palm. She tried growling an imitation of a guitar riff, and it fluffed it's fur with an unhappy sound. "Kay, metal's a no." She hummed a few bars to get it to calm down, mulling over other songs she knew.

She sat upright and set the rocaburra on her shoulder, freeing up her hands to retrieve her guitar. It seemed to like her idle strumming better than it had liked her impression of an electric, so that was something. She switched to a song proper, sang again and was rewarded by the ball of fluff attempting to do the same.

"Oh lordy me, didn't I shake sugaree — everything I got is done and pawned."

The impromptu interspecies jam session was eventually interrupted by a notification on her tablet, noisy and persistent. Kreska huffed, putting the guitar carefully away and rummaging along the floor for a shirt. The rocaburra was set aside as she pulled on a shirt long enough to hide that it was all that she was wearing. Never could be too careful, where cameras were concerned — disabled or not.

♕» I have a favor to ask of you, Captain's Daughter.
    ♕» Could you visit a friend of mine to retrieve a gift?
    ♕» They seem to have forgotten that they got it for me.
    ♕» If you could jog their memory and bring it here, I'd appreciate it.
    ☠» k
    ♕» Wear something cute.
    ☠» fuck off
    ♕» I'd give you a gift to match if you did.
    ☠» fuck off
    ♕» Try to at least be quick, then, you stubborn little bitch.
    ☠» k

By the time Kreska was dressed the rocaburra had attempted to burrow and nest in her rarely-used sheets. She scooped it up and, rather than put it back in the drawer, stuck it in the pocket of her jacket.

Might as well, right?

Wasn't like it could hurt.